Navigation
toppie
toppie - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 146
View Profile
Posted: 2018-07-10 12:52:12

So using somebody old smart/android phone with a new sim card is still not safe?
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 608
View Profile
Posted: 2018-07-10 13:19:41

On 2018-07-09 14:04:11 depends69 said:
Truecaller ... even worst!
Ladies know everything about you via truecaller.
I once booked a lady and gave my punting name. Anyway when I got to her place she called me by my real name, had my facebook, linkedin and other social media stuff open on her phone.
I never went back and had to get a second burner phone.
It crazy out there...

That is feakn scary, especially since you had your punting name first so assuming you used a punting SIM and it still linked to your real profiles
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4818
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-07-10 13:40:00
Edited: 2018-07-10 13:45:21

What is confusing is that some clients wives come up as people I may know on FB...i check the photos because theres no friends in common, lol.
uwillwantme
uwillwantme - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 149
View Profile
Posted: 2018-07-10 15:13:57

On 2018-07-10 12:52:12 toppie said:
So using somebody old smart/android phone with a new sim card is still not safe?

I think if the phone is fully formatted and software reloaded, it should be fine. However, with the intrusive technology these days, its really difficult to say. If the social media companies(FB, Whatsapp, IG etc) use IMEI numbers also then it will be a problem i guess.

Burfi
Burfi - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 204
View Profile
Posted: 2018-07-10 15:34:22

I bought a basic R80 punting phone at pep stores.

For pre-rica'd sim cards go to a dodgy Paki/Bangladeshi cell shop. (Btw, never Rica your or your family's personal sims via any of them, becoz they will use your info to Rica multiple sim cards to sell to dodgy people..... and punters)
Jenna
Jenna - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 28
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-07-10 22:10:19

I speak from experience , a lot of ppl use true caller . Get a small "pep" punting phone .. on every 2nd corner u get a little "shop" that sells sim cards already rica"ed to some strange name and address. U will be safe from true caller. Enter yr punter name and .. walllaaa. . U still remain anonymous
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2018-07-11 04:57:33

Never register for any social media using your work cell phone number (nor should you work with a number you've already registered for any social media). That's how links are made in FB and IG especially.
kgf
kgf - Re: A WARNING TO ALL WG's & Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 118
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-25 00:59:53

I've been looking at truecaller over the past week. I found my name connected to old numbers I had disconnected before WhatsApp and truecaller were even available. It seems truecaller can (or used to) upload contact lists of users without anyone knowing or with consent. If its your number or and old one of yours you can unlist it on the truecaller website .any number can be unlisted if it isn't installed and registered. Think about it. Its dangerous for WG's too. One scary example, a WG only has one phone and calls a parent of their kids friends and they have truecaller and it shows their WG name even though they didn't add it. I believe truecaller is breaching so many people's privacy rights.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.