Navigation
Nic111
Nic111 - Candid question to the ladies...
Candid question to the ladies...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 34
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-19 09:02:43

There are a lot of new studies that seem to challenge the traditional belief that women are innately monogamous in nature.

These findings go further to suggest that women have inherently a more polygamous predisposition than men and contrary to common belief are more inclined to feel sexually unfulfilled with a single life long sexual partner. There appears to be a evolutionary impulse to have multiple partners and that the monogamous sexual norm is a recent societal construct.

This is further corroborated by my own observations in society where married women appear to become sexually unfulfilled in a long term marriage. Married men to the contrary seem to be more sexually content with a single partner.

As this forum is without pretence and usually offers honest and frank perspectives...i ask the opinion of the ladies about the validity of these studies.
Laura
Laura - Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 172
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-19 14:08:56

I would agree wholeheartedly, but am perhaps biased as I am polyamorous and always have been.

Attempting monogamous relationships has caused me much frustration and heartache - I'll no longer agree to a mono relationship model, I'm very clear about that upfront when I meet somebody new.

My personal observation is that women take to open relationships with more ease than men, I suspect because women are more willing to have the emotional conversations necessary to make open relationships work. Men will tend to be readily open to having multiple female partners (romantic and/or sexual) or triad relationships etc - but men comfortable with their female partners having relationships / sex with other men are a fairly rare breed.

Poly communities refer to this as the OPP, One Penis Policy. Massively prevalent in the swinging community too.

I'm summarising and generalising massively of course, this is a vast and complex subject.

On 2018-09-19 09:02:43 Nic111 said:
Married men to the contrary seem to be more sexually content with a single partner.

The existence of the entire sex industry would suggest otherwise :)
Robust
Robust - Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 81
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-19 14:35:25
Edited: 2018-09-19 14:46:48

On 2018-09-19 14:08:56 Laura said:
I would agree wholeheartedly, but am perhaps biased as I am polyamorous and always have been.

Attempting monogamous relationships has caused me much frustration and heartache - I'll no longer agree to a mono relationship model, I'm very clear about that upfront when I meet somebody new.

My personal observation is that women take to open relationships with more ease than men, I suspect because women are more willing to have the emotional conversations necessary to make open relationships work. Men will tend to be readily open to having multiple female partners (romantic and/or sexual) or triad relationships etc - but men comfortable with their female partners having relationships / sex with other men are a fairly rare breed.

Poly communities refer to this as the OPP, One Penis Policy. Massively prevalent in the swinging community too.

I'm summarising and generalising massively of course, this is a vast and complex subject.

On 2018-09-19 09:02:43 Nic111 said: Married men to the contrary seem to be more sexually content with a single partner.

The existence of the entire sex industry would suggest otherwise :)

Will you marry me ... ;)

I joke but not really. It was only in my late 20's that I came to the same realisation that I am polyamourous but by that stage I was already in a committed monogamous (spell check made that monotonous) relationship. I have had many frank conversations with the missus and she is absolutely convinced that I am a nutcase and would never consider that lifestyle.
Laura
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 173
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-19 20:10:49
Edited: 2018-09-19 20:11:54

On 2018-09-19 14:35:25 Robust said:
Will you marry me ... ;)

Will you make me sandwiches after we're done fucking the neighbours?

The answer will still be no, but I do love me a good sandwich. :)

[QUOTE;1445372;Robust] I joke but not really. It was only in my late 20's that I came to the same realisation that I am polyamourous but by that stage I was already in a committed monogamous (spell check made that monotonous) relationship. I have had many frank conversations with the missus and she is absolutely convinced that I am a nutcase and would never consider that lifestyle.[/QUOTE]

Having the conversation is one step past what most even consider. So there's that.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2018-09-19 20:57:06

Laura, please marry me too.... And I really don't care how many other men
(or She-men) you get polyamorous with either!
Lilly
Lilly - Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 55
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-20 06:59:55
Edited: 2018-09-20 07:01:26

I felt that I too am polyamorous but I just didn't know the word for it. Silly me. So next might say I'm too young but I've seriously found that I struggle to be in a monogamous relationship and be faithful.

Now If I find myself getting into a relationship is just state it right in the beginning that this is how I am and if you can accept me then we can go on.

I even found myself dating a "cuckold" who actually encouraged me to live as I am.

Men who are accepting of this are hard to find that's why lilly is currently single and enjoying her life.

Laura you can marry me too hahaha
Laura
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 174
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-21 12:20:50

Lilly, I could've written that almost word for word. Exactly how I felt when I discovered the poly community... Like, OH! It has a name. AWESOME.

Your age is not related in my opinion - folk will say you'll "settle down" when you meet The One (*cough* bullshit concept *cough*). I feel being poly is an orientation, and as valid as being gay/bi/pansexual etc - owning it is liberating and empowering.

Not to mention the ethics - being honest upfront with potential partners allows them to consent to being in a relationship with somebody who will have other partners.

Have you read "More Than Two"? By Franklin Veaux. Highly recommend it.

"The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities" (Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy) is also a good one to read.
2cool4u007
2cool4u007 - Re: Candid question to the ladies...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 15
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-30 20:16:54

Theres a great article on this
https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/books/2018/09/15/female-monogamy-relationships-book/ I personally have always been open to relationships w a WG, but you're very right, a rare breed. I find it adds spice to living...its always refreshing to see women open up and be honest despite social pressure

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.