Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Another No show...
Re: Another No show...
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 14:03:25

Seems like most people's (punters & ladies) have left their common courtesy / respect back in the 90's.

Life happens so it only takes less then a minute to let either party you won't be making the appointment.
Meg
Meg - Re: Another No show...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4903
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-29 14:54:56

On 2018-10-29 14:03:25 TheKingReturns said:
Seems like most people's (punters & ladies) have left their common courtesy / respect back in the 90's.

Life happens so it only takes less then a minute to let either party you won't be making the appointment.

Correct.
My question is why should I ask him if he is on his way, just to get a sorry something came up?
At least I let my clients know if anything would change regarding our appointment.
If not then something serious happened that I cant make contact and tri and make it up the next time.
Meg
Meg - Re: Another No show...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4904
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-29 15:00:18

It will always happen. Doesnt matter what trade anyone are in.
Someone somewhere wont show for a appointment or will be late. ALWAYS ;-)
Tamerin
Tamerin - Re: Another No show...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 30
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-29 15:02:54

I do agree, just take a minute and just let that person know......
peterb
peterb - Re: Another No show...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 174
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 15:09:04

I deal with a few Gov organisations, the BLUE Telco being one of them, The main broadcaster another... They will let you drive there only for reception to tell you that the meeting is off

Happens everywhere...

majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Another No show...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 14
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 15:46:58

The no-show problem is one that affects both the lady and the client. You would not believe how often I get stood up.

How hard is it just to send an sms to cancel.
No reason needs to be given.
It would make a world of difference.

Ultimately I think the problem comes from a lack of respect of the other person.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 17:34:20

Is it just me, or are we seeing more posts like this? Are the guys doing this more, or are times tough enough that the ladies do not "accept" it anymore? Do some people not have the common decency to let the ladies know?

The once I did not show (that I remember), my flight was delayed and I kept the lady up to date as much as possible, until she forgot her phone somewhere while waiting for me. I felt like an ass, and got worried about her when nobody knew where she was :(

Sure, punters also get stood up sometimes. I know I have been in the past. But I am seeing more and more ladies mention it here :(
Simone @ The Doll House
Simone @ The Doll House - Re: Another No show...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 141
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-29 17:50:21

On 2018-10-29 17:34:20 Chameleon said:
Is it just me, or are we seeing more posts like this? Are the guys doing this more, or are times tough enough that the ladies do not "accept" it anymore? Do some people not have the common decency to let the ladies know?

The once I did not show (that I remember), my flight was delayed and I kept the lady up to date as much as possible, until she forgot her phone somewhere while waiting for me. I felt like an ass, and got worried about her when nobody knew where she was :(

Sure, punters also get stood up sometimes. I know I have been in the past. But I am seeing more and more ladies mention it here :(

It is happening more and more,we deal with at least 1-2 such calls a day. I mostly don't bother writing the booking which is bad I know, reason being... A guy might cancel and give you room to take another client who wanted to come at the same time and also dressing up is an effort I only quickly do this when someone is at the gate. But there's some days when someone just fucks up your day so much they keep saying their on the way for hours so u decide to shuffle times and other clients can't make it at those times and we loose money,it's so frustrating I feel like switching my phone off, going home and rather watch TV with the family.
I don't know whether it's worse for a punter who gets stood up or worse for the WGs but either way it's just rude and we all must try to be nicer to each other
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 18:25:28

Simone @ The Doll House - sorry to hear that it is happening more and more :(
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 18:36:54

Meg, if I ever get to visit Pta again, I will make sure to spend an hour or 2 with you. You look fantastic!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.