Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: Greta Thunberg
Re: Greta Thunberg
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1246
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-25 16:36:30

On 2019-09-25 16:13:22 Lexington Steele said:
On 2019-09-25 16:08:26 Tiger_ said: PS: Tegwane is a Doos!

www.esa.co.za/forum/thread.php
for reference

Now now Tiger.

My two cents.

Liberal, left leaning thinking, which I assume you follow must evolve to not attack views that aren't in line with theirs. Yes, the whataboutism from Tegwane is not cool, but rather not engage altogether if you disagree.

For reference, I am left leaning as well.

Lexington, thank you. A question though, do you believe the west should be castigated so much, when China is opening I think30 coal powered power stations a week. Surely the 'planet savers' should be protesting outside all the Chinese embassies around the world?
Lexington Steele
Lexington Steele - Re: Greta Thunberg
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 277
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-25 16:49:50
Edited: 2019-09-25 16:51:10

On 2019-09-25 16:36:30 Tegwane said:
On 2019-09-25 16:13:22 Lexington Steele said: On 2019-09-25 16:08:26 Tiger_ said: PS: Tegwane is a Doos!

for reference

Now now Tiger.

My two cents.

Liberal, left leaning thinking, which I assume you follow must evolve to not attack views that aren't in line with theirs. Yes, the whataboutism from Tegwane is not cool, but rather not engage altogether if you disagree.

Lexington, thank you. A question though, do you believe the west should be castigated so much, when China is opening I think30 coal powered power stations a week. Surely the 'planet savers' should be protesting outside all the Chinese embassies around the world?

I think the responsibility lays on the shoulders of all of us, and we need a combined effort to slow down the impact of climate change. The US is a world superpower and like China they should be taking the lead on this issue, despite the numbers and what they suggest in terms of who is chiefly responsible. For me this is a very real issue and evidence of this locally have been recent flooding in Johannesburg and Durban and the water shortages in the Western and Eastern Cape.

The Paris Climate Agreement was a move in the right direction, and this is where the US deserves stick. Why leave an agreement like this instead of building on it?
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1247
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-25 17:06:59

On 2019-09-25 16:49:50 Lexington Steele said:
On 2019-09-25 16:36:30 Tegwane said: On 2019-09-25 16:13:22 Lexington Steele said: On 2019-09-25 16:08:26 Tiger_ said: PS: Tegwane is a Doos!

for reference

Now now Tiger.

My two cents.

I think the responsibility lays on the shoulders of all of us, and we need a combined effort to slow down the impact of climate change. The US is a world superpower and like China they should be taking the lead on this issue, despite the numbers and what they suggest in terms of who is chiefly responsible. For me this is a very real issue and evidence of this locally have been recent flooding in Johannesburg and Durban and the water shortages in the Western and Eastern Cape.

The Paris Climate Agreement was a move in the right direction, and this is where the US deserves stick. Why leave an agreement like this instead of building on it?

Ok, my understanding of the accord is that the US was paying 600 million USD to China and India in the accord when they are the main perpetrators of the emissions
StaalBurger48
StaalBurger48 - Re: Greta Thunberg
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 142
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-25 22:22:42

The petulance is strong with that one. Nope, do not agree.
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1248
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-25 22:36:00

The question she keeps dodging is how is she going to get back home once her 'tour' is over, as her boat has already been returned
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: Greta Thunberg
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 366
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-26 07:10:11

Clearly designed to aggravate Trump's 2020 campaign....
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1250
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-26 07:22:02

On 2019-09-26 07:10:11 Wild_Weasel said:
Clearly designed to aggravate Trump's 2020 campaign....

Had not thought of that, brilliant thought
JACKRIBET
JACKRIBET - Re: Greta Thunberg
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2389
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-26 07:31:45

Watched her speech on Trevor Noah's daily show this morning.

Also, watched the stand of Mr Despicable Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain. OMG,I hate that guy. Who is he to give lessons to people when he was unethically hacking people at news of the World. What a D....k. Just loved it when Chelsea
thebrakpanjedi
thebrakpanjedi - Re: Greta Thunberg
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 10
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-26 19:21:42

Facts, such an amazing thing that is so readily overlooked in favour of the sensational.

Here's the thing, this science is clear.
The temperature rising at this rate is not sustainable, Fact.
Reducing CO2 emissions will slow that rise down, Fact.
Stopping slash and burn deforestation will help reducing the CO2 levels, Fact.

There's nothing else to argue. Everything else is just window dressing to serve your political narrative of choice.
What amazes me is that this is still even a question. Any scientific model used, even by those in the pockets of the Koch's shows the same end result. CO2 bad, reducing CO2 good, not very complicated.

At the end of the day, Greta Thunberg is simply the messenger. One with ovaries of fucking titanium in my opinion. What other teenage girl would voluntarily submit herself to this level of ridicule or scrutiny.
The message though, that is just fact. We as adults are handing this planet to our kids and their grandkids, it's their inheritance. We can give them something they can live on, or a scorched earth, our choice.
Take a look at what media groups like Fox, The Daily Mail, et al are doing, they're aren't disputing the facts, they are arguing whether a teenage girl should speak out and demand that we should protect our collective home for them and their future.
They argue her clothing, her mannerisms, her fucking hair as if that will make the air in rush hour London less toxic. I never knew Braids had the power to reforest vast swathes of national land.
It took less then 10 people dying to go after flavoured vaping fluids in the US,
100's of thousands die annually to pollution related illnesses but nobody is doing anything. Thousands more die to forest fires, tornadoes, floods, droughts, record heat waves, record cold snaps, and we discuss a teenage girl.

It's the "but Hillary's e-mails" dog whistle.
How stupid have we become to swallow this again, and again, again.
We are killing this planet and ourselves, at this rate, we'll deserve it.
Merlot
Merlot - Re: Greta Thunberg
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 181
View Profile
Posted: 2019-09-27 08:53:24

I see the ozone layer hole at the pole is getting smaller ..... wonder why??

Too much money in the "green" industry and opposing points of view, the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Don't get me wrong we need to do something but the left are completely bonkers in their demands!!!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.