Navigation
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3233
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 15:45:24
Edited: 2019-10-04 15:50:42

It's sad... This ones beautiful save country nou in sy MOER in!

blog.siasat.pk/india-ranked-most-dangerous-country-south-asia/amp/

:(((
Can someone cum and put the smile back on my face please...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 16:36:14

cime wise,London and New York is just as dangerous as Johannesburg. These statistics although overwhelming, take so many things into consideration and that's what youneed to remember before making a foregone conclusion about your safety. South Africa has plenty of safe neighbourhoods and people can get around fine all of their life they you are always aware of their surroundings and not ending up in dodge places.....just like anywhere in the world. And just to add, South Africa is NOT the second most dangerous country in the world. If you look at the peace index vs the population, It's not even in the top 10. Afganistan,Syria, South Sudan,Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Russia, Pakistan, and Turkey are the most dangerous countries in the world. I always say never look at one thing and ignore the other. We have the most beautiful country in the world and I'm sure many of those who have travelled abroad can back me up. Yes, our country has so much potential, there is corruption, there is this and there is that, but the way people are so negative you'd swear these things are happening here only. I appreciate the post not made not so long ago where everyone shared great things about this country.
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3234
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 17:02:43
Edited: 2019-10-04 17:06:11

Nothing wrong with being positive about your country... I remember a clean, save beautiful country as a child... Now, no matter the news, FB, twitter... everything I read and hear is about killing, raping, burning, stealing, looting, destroying... BUT it's nice to see that there is still people who love this country... sorry for being so negative. Yesterday I got a call from a black lady... she begged me to change my FB profile pic because I had my little blond girl on there... I don't even know where she got my number to call me... My FB settings is private... Things like this make me hate my country... sorry...
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 17:35:54

Okay but what does someone asking you to change your profile picture has to do with the dangers in this country? If anything, whoever that was is rude and you should just ignore or block them.

There are millions of people who have experienced crime first hand or know of someone who has, but then there are other millions who haven't even seen a smudge of crime. For us who haven't does not mean we're being Naive, we know there is a lot of crime, we see it on the news, in the newspapers, on social media and all. On the other hand, I'm aware certain agandas are being pushed by those who release stats. The media itself has a hand to play in what they want to portray because they know people will lap it up. At the end of the day, you don't seem happy Ms Paige, I can reccomend some fantasic countries in which you may consider relocating to if you'd like but. I'm a patriotic South African and I'm only interested in nation building. Try keep your views in whatsapp group chats or in your close circles, but please don't bring them to this world of fantasy.:)

South Africa is still a beautiful country. The cost of living is cheaper than most countries, the standard of living, not so much because of abject poverty and other proplems that we've been having.
Inquisitive1
Inquisitive1 - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 171
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 17:41:49

I didn't think there would be 1 person who hasn't been touched by crime, nevermind millions. But I do agree, people tend to make things a lot worse than what it really is.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 18:14:59

On 2019-10-04 17:41:49 Inquisitive1 said:
I didn't think there would be 1 person who hasn't been touched by crime, nevermind millions. But I do agree, people tend to make things a lot worse than what it really is.

True. It's always made a lot worse than it really is. People with a lot of power can manipulate everything down to the way people think. Your governments, your statisticians, your big corporates. If you are fed something, with the right propaganda, you start believing.
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3235
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 18:29:32
Edited: 2019-10-04 18:31:38

I have a different view... for me, my beloved country is in flames... If I had a way out, I would have taken it... I won't even think twice. But unfortunately I have no option than to stay... I cannot call this home anymore... :(((
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 175
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 18:42:27

Echo your sentiments, Steph94, well said.
#Im staying.
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1287
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 19:39:46
Edited: 2019-10-04 19:40:41

On 2019-10-04 16:36:14 Steph94 said:
cime wise,London and New York is just as dangerous as Johannesburg. These statistics although overwhelming, take so many things into consideration and that's what youneed to remember before making a foregone conclusion about your safety. South Africa has plenty of safe neighbourhoods and people can get around fine all of their life they you are always aware of their surroundings and not ending up in dodge places.....just like anywhere in the world. And just to add, South Africa is NOT the second most dangerous country in the world. If you look at the peace index vs the population, It's not even in the top 10. Afganistan,Syria, South Sudan,Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Russia, Pakistan, and Turkey are the most dangerous countries in the world. I always say never look at one thing and ignore the other. We have the most beautiful country in the world and I'm sure many of those who have travelled abroad can back me up. Yes, our country has so much potential, there is corruption, there is this and there is that, but the way people are so negative you'd swear these things are happening here only. I appreciate the post not made not so long ago where everyone shared great things about this country.

Nonsense, there have been 100 killings in London this year, that is a bad weekend in SA

Those ten places you mention are fucking war zones
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 19:42:27

On 2019-10-04 15:45:24 Ms Paige said:
It's sad... This ones beautiful save country nou in sy MOER in!

blog.siasat.pk/india-ranked-most-dangerous-country-south-asia/amp/

:(((
Can someone cum and put the smile back on my face please...

It's a tough one Ms Paige.

Though crime has definitely gone up, our knowledge of the things taking place has done so as well thanks to the internet, social media and the likes and we can't discount how much more that adds to the sense of danger; ignorance is bliss after all.

I do also wish the country was a lot safer however. If only it felt like we were on the right track.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.