Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 20:29:54

On 2019-10-04 19:39:46 Tegwane said:
On 2019-10-04 16:36:14 Steph94 said: cime wise,London and New York is just as dangerous as Johannesburg. These statistics although overwhelming, take so many things into consideration and that's what youneed to remember before making a foregone conclusion about your safety. South Africa has plenty of safe neighbourhoods and people can get around fine all of their life they you are always aware of their surroundings and not ending up in dodge places.....just like anywhere in the world. And just to add, South Africa is NOT the second most dangerous country in the world. If you look at the peace index vs the population, It's not even in the top 10. Afganistan,Syria, South Sudan,Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Russia, Pakistan, and Turkey are the most dangerous countries in the world. I always say never look at one thing and ignore the other. We have the most beautiful country in the world and I'm sure many of those who have travelled abroad can back me up. Yes, our country has so much potential, there is corruption, there is this and there is that, but the way people are so negative you'd swear these things are happening here only. I appreciate the post not made not so long ago where everyone shared great things about this country.

Nonsense, there have been 100 killings in London this year, that is a bad weekend in SA

Those ten places you mention are fucking war zones

We'll like I said, We speak of what we read, hear or learn. Some "reputable" publication can release stats saying there have been 100 murders in London, and 6000 murders in Johannesburg. But what if these numbers are made up to push an agenda? It's not like there haven't been cases where reputable sources have been exposed for lying.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-04 20:42:26

And thank you for making my point. How can South Africa even be considered more dangerous than a place where bombs are exploding lol. Thre aren't bombs exploding in every country, but majority of the countries in the world have crimes such as rape and murder. And how do they rank them? Here's a simple example (And my numbers aren't accurate), there are 3 million people in Johannesburg and there has been 200 000 reported murders. New York has 5 million people, but they have had 400 000 reported murders. Oh look, South Africa is more dangerous than New York. This is the logic being used here because you have to factor in the number of people living there vs the reported incidents
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1289
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 20:52:28

On 2019-10-04 20:42:26 Steph94 said:
And thank you for making my point. How can South Africa even be considered more dangerous than a place where bombs are exploding lol. Thre aren't bombs exploding in every country, but majority of the countries in the world have crimes such as rape and murder. And how do they rank them? Here's a simple example (And my numbers aren't accurate), there are 3 million people in Johannesburg and there has been 200 000 reported murders. New York has 5 million people, but they have had 400 000 reported murders. Oh look, South Africa is more dangerous than New York. This is the logic being used here because you have to factor in the number of people living there vs the reported incidents

You make a point, however, everyone I know in SA has been affected by crime, robbery hijacking, armed robbery etc etc. Here in the UK maybe 10% of the people I know have been affected by crime, so it's not numbers but people. In the early 70's the figures in SA were similar. I was starting to become aware in the early 70's hence my starting point
ssurfer
ssurfer - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 37
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 23:27:33
Edited: 2019-10-04 23:29:55

@Steph94 you are talking BS!!!! RSA is one of the top 10 countries in the world with the highest murder rates, including countries where there is war at the moment, with none of them in the top 10. The only person whith an agenda is you. Crime stats are always standardised and given as per capita. That capita is usually per 100 000 people. This is done so that you can compare all the countries with each other.

Meaning, for every 100 000 people in south africa 34 people will be murdered, and for every 100 000 people in the USA 5.3 people will be murdered and for every 100 000 people in the UK only 1.2 peeple will be murdered. And pretty much the safest country in the world, Japan (more than double the population of RSA) has a murder rate of 0.28 murders per 100 000 people. BTW, this is the latest stats for 2019. Johannesburg is almost half the population of New york, more than 2000 people were murdered in 2018 in Johannesburg and only 281 people was murdered during that same time in New York. London is same size as New york and had 131 murders in 2018. Are you still thinking RSA is not dangerous?

No, there are no agendas, these are facts and was verified by international organisations i.e UN. Until you can't provide evidence to the contrary, you are talking BS!

Do you really think RSA is thee most beautiful country in the world? You talk like someone who has never traveled anywhere like in ever. You should try it sometime, it will open your eyes, RSA looks like a shithole with a few beauty spots compared to the rest of the world. I've been to 53 countries already and counting.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-05 01:10:54

On 2019-10-04 23:27:33 ssurfer said:
@Steph94 you are talking BS!!!! RSA is one of the top 10 countries in the world with the highest murder rates, including countries where there is war at the moment, with none of them in the top 10. The only person whith an agenda is you. Crime stats are always standardised and given as per capita. That capita is usually per 100 000 people. This is done so that you can compare all the countries with each other.

Meaning, for every 100 000 people in south africa 34 people will be murdered, and for every 100 000 people in the USA 5.3 people will be murdered and for every 100 000 people in the UK only 1.2 peeple will be murdered. And pretty much the safest country in the world, Japan (more than double the population of RSA) has a murder rate of 0.28 murders per 100 000 people. BTW, this is the latest stats for 2019. Johannesburg is almost half the population of New york, more than 2000 people were murdered in 2018 in Johannesburg and only 281 people was murdered during that same time in New York. London is same size as New york and had 131 murders in 2018. Are you still thinking RSA is not dangerous?

No, there are no agendas, these are facts and was verified by international organisations i.e UN. Until you can't provide evidence to the contrary, you are talking BS!

Do you really think RSA is thee most beautiful country in the world? You talk like someone who has never traveled anywhere like in ever. You should try it sometime, it will open your eyes, RSA looks like a shithole with a few beauty spots compared to the rest of the world. I've been to 53 countries already and counting.

I like how you presume I don't travel. 53 countries and you're still here? that's cute haha. Look here buddy, what grates my tits is people who are always moaning about everything in this country yet glorify other countries when they face the same issues. From corruption, to crime(Which hasn't gotten any worse than pre-democracy if I must add), to "oh they want free education",to BEE, and to strikes. Hong Kong was at a standstill because of the striking happening there. In Germany, people marched for free education. Corruption is everywhere and even here, it didn't start with Zuma and the ANC. I'm not saying just because these countries have these issues, that it's okay for us to have them too. We as a nation should unite and fix things rather than bash our country and always harbour negative feelings. We can do without people with this kind of mentality because they're not adding any value. I'm not a fan of American people, but what I admire about the yanks is how patriotic they really are about their country. And thank you for bringing all these crime stats to make your point well done buddy.

My parting words to you is If you haven't been, Add Bonaire to the list and make it 55 countries. Part of the ABC Islands. I was there in February and for me its absolute paradise. I still rank South Africa up there with Cape Town being the most beautiful city in the world.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-05 01:29:25

And what I meant by my question; 53 countries and you're still here, one would think that a well traveled bloak like you would have found a nice little spot to settle with your wife and brood. Why come back to this dangerous shit hole when you've experienced better? Atleast have the balls the to leave. Ms Paige said she would if she could, you seem like you can.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-05 01:48:16

Make America Great Again.

*Edit* Sorry, wrong thread.
Keisha
Keisha - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 93
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-05 02:45:48

On 2019-10-04 18:42:27 Johnny English said:
Echo your sentiments, Steph94, well said.
#Im staying.

1a1I agree

1Not even the vi0olence, crime, corruption, fraud, xenophobia and ect can convince me otherwise

Kisses
Proudly SA k
swerwer001
swerwer001 - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 10
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-05 06:52:41

On 2019-10-04 18:14:59 Steph94 said:
On 2019-10-04 17:41:49 Inquisitive1 said: I didn't think there would be 1 person who hasn't been touched by crime, nevermind millions. But I do agree, people tend to make things a lot worse than what it really is.

True. It's always made a lot worse than it really is. People with a lot of power can manipulate everything down to the way people think. Your governments, your statisticians, your big corporates. If you are fed something, with the right propaganda, you start believing.

RichieRich07
RichieRich07 - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 14
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-05 08:21:32

So here is something interesting that I learned some time back. In the US, when people are polled about their perception of how safe the country is, the perceptions have become worse than they were a few decades ago, despite the fact that crime in the US is at some of the lowest levels it's ever been at. So how is it that as crime levels drop, the public's perception is that it's worse than it's ever been..? Paige hit the nail on the head perhaps without even realizing it. It was found that despite dropping crime stats, the 24 hour news cycle and social media created an environment that constantly threw news of terror threats and mass shootings etc in people's faces all day every day that it made people feel unsafe, despite the fact that they are probably safer than at any other time in their history. Now this obviously doesn't mean that everything is roses and perfect, but things are seldom as bad as they are made out to be... just something to think about, take it or leave it

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.