Lesley
Lesley - Re: Not your review.
Re: Not your review.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 403
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-14 22:26:13

On 2021-05-14 20:20:53 Need4Passion said:
@Lesley, you are 100% correct. There are some keyboard warriors and I've also seen an increase of lately.

@Oraljim is 100% correct too. We can pick them up and ignore them just as we'd ignore those that only ever review "she was awesome go visit her" reviews.

The valuable detail and comments however are very useful to making a decision. We all can't play it safe and book stars based on multiple good reviews because then there'd be no one to book as someone needs to take chances and then put those reviews there. And if you take chances, you are going to pay school fees, not all punts will be great and there will be negative reviews and comments.

Bottom line is over time the actual punters get to know who is reliable or not so as Jim said, you won't lose business to the fakes. Looking as those comments now is as funny as reading a selfie review.

Thanks N4P x

I think the review page of every advertiser is a sensitive issue.
I am glad I started this post, because now I know you guys are not gullible and can see exactly what we see.

We are on the receiving end and I suppose that makes us a little more sensitive to trolls and what they say.

Thank you guys :)
JP82
JP82 - Re: Not your review.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 190
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-14 22:41:30
Edited: 2021-05-14 22:42:51

Bottom line is over time the actual punters get to know who is reliable or not so as Jim said...

@N4P and @Jim, that might be true for punters who spend a fair bit of time on the forum, but I think you might be underestimating what proportion of punters breeze in, check out a couple of reciews/comments, and make a snap decision. If that makes up a significant part of a lady's business then those shitty comments can do a fair bit of damage. "Actual punters" is not the same thing as forum-ites.
Lesley
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 404
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-14 22:56:25

On 2021-05-14 22:41:30 JP82 said:

Bottom line is over time the actual punters get to know who is reliable or not so as Jim said...

@N4P and @Jim, that might be true for punters who spend a fair bit of time on the forum, but I think you might be underestimating what proportion of punters breeze in, check out a couple of reciews/comments, and make a snap decision. If that makes up a significant part of a lady's business then those shitty comments can do a fair bit of damage. "Actual punters" is not the same thing as forum-ites.

That is true Jp82.

I would say 80% of clients are not members, do not even know there is a forum. They click a profile, read the comments and decide from there.

Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Not your review.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 238
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-15 08:50:45

It happened to me
Lots of negative things said because of a comment I made in General Discussion. Punters said absolutely horrible and untrue things about me which is now permanently stuck under my reviews. Completely unfair as those punters do not know me and never booked me. Wonder why ESA allows it?
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Not your review.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4391
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-15 08:58:37

On 2021-05-14 22:56:25 Lesley said:
On 2021-05-14 22:41:30 JP82 said: On 2021-05-14 20:20:53 Need4Passion said:

That is true Jp82.

I would say 80% of clients are not members, do not even know there is a forum. They click a profile, read the comments and decide from there.

And those guys can't see the comments and reviews... All they can see is the pictures and number.

This is what forced me to sign up.
Simmy
Simmy - Re: Not your review.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 170
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-15 09:12:28

On 2021-05-14 18:48:25 Lesley said:
On 2021-05-14 18:06:52 BOOBS53 said: That's the style of the keyboard warriors .. never book or review and always have some negative things to say about everyone and everything, their glasses are always halfway empty :(((

Thing is they are unaware of the potential damage to income. Or maybe fully aware and do not care. Sometimes we forget these are people not products.

We can browse a site and acknowledge everything We don't like without having to make a noise about it.

Jah hey some guys are just unfair
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Not your review.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 239
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-15 09:13:54

The irony is, it's for that exact same reason (punter commented and we never had a booking) that I removed my original Gretchen profile and changed my name to Heidi. ESA gracefully changed my name back to Gretchen. But NOW, on the comments and review section, my reviews are stuck under the Heidi name. Ai, I can't win.....
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: Not your review.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 816
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-15 09:17:51

I would say its become a negative part of society, its very easy to sit behind a keyboard and pass judgement on someone or something.

We feel that its easier to get our point across to agree with the flow and if that means saying something negative about someone who I have never even seen the so be it.
Unfortunately the set up here allows for anyone to pass comment, maybe good maybe bad with the lady being unable to defend it.

Plus the lady is known the commenter is not. I could be anybody, i could visit a lady and she would not know I'm @jakeburns78 unless I contacted her via pm or told her.

I can bet the negative commenter's either haven't visited the lady or told them who they are.

Its called the cowards way, I will tell a lady who I book who I am and then if I review or comment they at least know I am being honest as its from experience.

Sadly that will not happen as a lot of guys want to remain anonymous keyboard trolls

My 2c
Jake
Lesley
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 405
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-15 09:25:58

Gretchen, I am sorry. That is unacceptable.

Trolls will be trolls and there is nothing we can do about them.
Back in the day Esa would take them on and expose them as malicious on the post, do they not moderate this anymore?

AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Not your review.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 930
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-15 09:29:41

Just my 2c, All are very valid points here.

You are what you make of your profile here, If you always have positive vibes and don't try to do others down you get a good reputation. If you do bad things, it comes back to you tenfold.

Liza's profile always has good things under, her posts and comments are always positive. Same goes for Tisha as well, There are many ladies here with really good positive profiles, a great personality. Always trying to help each other out and build this community. This is the type of person I will support.

For me looks aren't everything. I also don't take reviews for face value, You have to look at it in context of the situation

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.