Navigation
Mandy
Mandy - Re: Last year this time
Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1360
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:15:41

Let's not go there... But you right, so right.

I'm so grateful for this platform.

Sometimes the only choice you have is to be strong.

I think the worst was for the ppl that have never had nothing. That never lost a lot or everything before.

Gratefulness is scarily important.

Attitude of gratitude and not expectancy goes a mile.
Crave
Crave - Re: Last year this time
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2319
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:17:18

Last year this time I was broke and my business that I had built up over 16 years hadn't generated any turnover for two months...

This year this time I now owe money on a second bond on my home, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Being in the events business we will be the last to open up.

Sucks. Big time
balasbak
balasbak - Re: Last year this time
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1163
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:26:57

Last year this time I was unemployed ... retrenched ... stressed ... but today I'm extremely blessed to have got back into the professional career I had left 5 years prior to being retrenched ... yes I have more debt ... but I have a job, my kids are healthy and happy ... and we have survived for now.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those ladies and fellow gents who have not been as fortunate and blessed as yet, your time will come!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Last year this time
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:40:19

On 2021-05-21 10:26:57 balasbak said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to those ladies and fellow gents who have not been as fortunate and blessed as yet, your time will come!

Amen!
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Last year this time
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 8415
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-21 11:24:23

On 2021-05-21 09:36:32 BOOBS53 said:
Last year this time .. no punting, just wanking :)))

Actually I was pomping away...LOL.
Saw my regular at least once a week, since she was like a few blocks from my place.

It's worse for me NOW...at home, with the Mrs...too risky to move around.
So this CT trip...all alone for few days....That hotel bed is gonna take a good pounding....LOL
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5512
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 11:36:56

I had coffee with a lady who worked in a bottle store. Its amazing how innovative we have become. We still treat meals the same. We make every bit stretch. I had one sitdown restaurant meal since then.I had chicken licken once. I realised I am really not into pizza or Nandos or burgers. I really don't feel like I am missing anything. My local Spar does really lekker home-cooked meals. And I have on occasion bought their food for a fraction of restaurant prices when I want a treat. I have learnt that ice cream is ice cream. No need to pay R50 at Wimpy when I can pay R50 for a tub at Spar. I can make perfectly decent coffee at home. Those days of spending R30 for coffee is over. I also cannot see myself paying R25 for a glass of coke. My bestie's 8yo was my breakfast date and I asked if he wanted a coke. 'Nee dankie, ons kan by PnP gaan Coke koop. Ons kan koffie drink'. Coffee is included in the breakfast. Guess whose mom have him a lecture before going out?
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Last year this time
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-21 11:41:12

Well done Nadia on been practical with your money
Miss Barbie Doll
Miss Barbie Doll - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10912
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 17:17:09

On 2021-05-21 09:56:36 Victoria said:
This time last year I had my own apartment and my pantry and fridge was full. 3 months later it was the total opposite. Those ladies who got assistance are very very lucky. There are a lot of us who got absolutely no help at all, me included. I basically lost the roof over my head. Couldn't even sell my furnishings as no one was buying. But I am Grateful for what I have and to still be Standing and to still have the opportunity to earn. Those who have proper work do not realise how fortunate they are. There are a few people here who actually enjoyed and wanted some of us ladies to suffer.

Your story breaks my heart and it makes me realize how much i have been blessed,but i was to blind to see and appreciate it.myself from the first day of lockdown,i was covered.had a regular client paying for my rent and had other regulars just sending me money which covered me for 2 months,and had Mr Potential who has been sending me money.but instead of me to appreciate him,but i was nust because i always let my fears take control of me,but untill 3 months back when he stopped sending me,damnt its been had and which i think his doing it on purpose.And i am so grateful for him to do so,because now i know who are my real friends and family are..so many people walked away when i started telling them i was broke whenever they called to borrowed money,one of my cousin her and i used to be besties but since i told her i cant afford her visit to my place.she went quiet until today

As they say..when days are dark friends are few,i am so thankful to my real friends,regulars and my family that are still with me..infact this other cousin we where never closed at all,i hated her just because of her mom:)but i tell you she is the one who is actually helping me out these days,she happened to call me when i was going through one of those darkest days.she told me she missed me,and she wonders if i am really fine.later i had 2k in my account from her,it was one crazy day..but the ones whom i use to help where nowhere to be found until today:(but i am so happy that now i know who is with me and who is not

But my hardest day last year this time was when my favourite niece fall inside the poor,it was this day.i remember getting a call that put me to cold moments..i lost my voice,i didn't know what to do..so grateful she is alive and there is a lot of progress shame
Cunilinkiss
Cunilinkiss - Re: Last year this time
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 304
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-21 17:27:11

Money is another matter but May 2020 was the best ever sex month for me ever. And I will remain eternally happy for the experience. Did not know it was possible!!

Also proved to me that happy is not impossible, just so darn elusive!!

Miss Barbie Doll
Miss Barbie Doll - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 10914
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 17:50:28
Edited: 2021-05-21 17:50:59

On 2021-05-21 17:27:11 Cunilinkiss said:
Money is another matter

Money is everything shame,i learnt this last year.After i borrowed my aunt money lol,she a Pastor as well as she is married to a Pastor...i borrowed her some money,she hasn't paid me..But before that she use to give me this attitude of like i must be at church every sunday,she didn't care either i attended her church or not.all she wanted was me to be at church,she will say God is the father of orphans untill she owed me hahaha,now she understands why i left church..because she owe s me,when i first left church because someone was owing me.she went gagagaga at me and told me to forgive,since its her now.i am free to do whatever i want

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.