Navigation
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Re: It's enough to make one cry
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 290
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 16:23:08

I don't increase my prices at a certain time of the month... Does the WG's actually do that? Worse part is, that money was the balance of my rent. It's not the landlord's problem that I don't have it, is it? What do I tell him now? I could have had that money. If only I took the other booking which I knew was going to come.
Grace
Grace - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 696
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 16:25:01

On 2021-05-28 16:23:08 Gretchen said:
I don't increase my prices at a certain time of the month.

Me too!
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 291
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 16:33:06

Okay. I need advise. What if I make a "clause". "If you (client) is 15 minutes late without letting me know, the booking will automatically be cancelled'. Is that to harsch? Maybe a rule like that would allow me to accept a "last minute booking' as opposed to now waiting to see if the no-show MIGHT come?
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 982
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-28 16:45:31

Hey we do it in the hospitality industry, 15 minutes late 1 call if no answer then 15 mintes later second call, still no answer booking is gone move on to next.

Plus if he does turn up he doesn't get an hour as he is late, i saw somebody the other day and thought I was going to 5 minutes late so messaged her, its common courtesy

Jake

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-28 16:53:29

On 2021-05-28 16:33:06 Gretchen said:
Okay. I need advise. What if I make a "clause". "If you (client) is 15 minutes late without letting me know, the booking will automatically be cancelled'. Is that to harsch? Maybe a rule like that would allow me to accept a "last minute booking' as opposed to now waiting to see if the no-show MIGHT come?

I think that is entirely fair. It's just common courtesy to let someone know if you are going to be late. I hate being late and I hate it when other people are late. It's incredibly rude and inconsiderate of one's time. Sometimes life happens, but then you let the other person know. If you have an appointment for 10, you don't find out at 10 that you are running late. As soon as you realize you might be late, let the other person know and also be prepared that the other person might then need to cancel the appointment entirely as they didn't factor in your lateness into their planning. If someone doesn't honor an appointment or arrives late without letting you know they don't value you or your time.
Grace
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 699
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 17:04:15

On 2021-05-28 16:45:31 Jakeburns78 said:
i saw somebody the other day and thought I was going to 5 minutes late so messaged her, its common courtesy

Jake is the good guy that guys shud be learning from :)
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 983
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-28 17:13:48

On 2021-05-28 17:04:15 Grace said:
On 2021-05-28 16:45:31 Jakeburns78 said: i saw somebody the other day and thought I was going to 5 minutes late so messaged her, its common courtesy

Jake is the good guy that guys shud be learning from :)

Thank you, I try to be a decent human being at all times
Jake
Grace
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 701
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 17:17:47

On 2021-05-28 17:13:48 Jakeburns78 said:

Thank you, I try to be a decent human being at all times
Jake

And thank u for that!
Liza
Liza - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2266
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-28 17:42:20

On 2021-05-28 16:53:29 Frank White said:
On 2021-05-28 16:33:06 Gretchen said: Okay. I need advise. What if I make a "clause". "If you (client) is 15 minutes late without letting me know, the booking will automatically be cancelled'. Is that to harsch? Maybe a rule like that would allow me to accept a "last minute booking' as opposed to now waiting to see if the no-show MIGHT come?

I think that is entirely fair. It's just common courtesy to let someone know if you are going to be late. I hate being late and I hate it when other people are late. It's incredibly rude and inconsiderate of one's time. Sometimes life happens, but then you let the other person know. If you have an appointment for 10, you don't find out at 10 that you are running late. As soon as you realize you might be late, let the other person know and also be prepared that the other person might then need to cancel the appointment entirely as they didn't factor in your lateness into their planning. If someone doesn't honor an appointment or arrives late without letting you know they don't value you or your time.

I like you! Things happen, we aren't Monsters. We will understand reasons. We all must give each other the benefit of the doubt. Maybe He's not a repeat offender. If you know how to run your business there will be NO repeat offender.But it's so bad that he didn't contact the lady and say he's running very late. Unacceptable behaviour.
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: It's enough to make one cry
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 992
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-28 18:37:18

On 2021-05-28 16:15:05 Potatoejetguy said:
On 2021-05-28 15:51:27 Rachel said: Don't most people get paid on the 25th?
Lots of people also get paid on the 20th. Then there are those that get paid every week

Financial industry mosty pays on the 20th, Everyone else either the 25th or 30/31st, then some get paid and we have to wait for forex to clear when the rates are much better.

So that special day is something everyone waits for...

Unless there are some ladies that are willing to help take our minds of that paycheck with decent rates that we can afford. We have to resort to your beautiful PG pics and a hand or two till when we can afford to book you

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.