Navigation
oraljim
oraljim - Re: Deposit or not?
Re: Deposit or not?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2039
View Profile
Posted: 2021-09-22 18:30:41

The single biggest problem with a deposit is that it eliminates anonymity, unless you use some other mechanism for sending the deposit. But if I can't give you the deposit in person (which means a deposit isn't required because I actually showed up) then the only realistic way is to use an EFT, in which case both you as a WG appear in my bank, and my details appear in yours. No thank you. Never going to happen. I am also absolutely not going to go to a Spar or PNP and do some other form of money transfer. I realise it may be your business but for a punter its entertainment - and I am sorry for your experiences but I am just not prepared to take on the burden of your problems in order to scratch an itch that can be scratched by hundreds of ladies who don't require a deposit.

I will just say to you (and any WG that reads this) that your expectations of a business model seem completely unrealistic. Every single business, whether you are selling Chappies at a corner cafe or you are selling multi-billion rand businesses, will have people that let you down. You will have people that make and break promises. Sometimes you will lose money. The correct way of dealing with the problem is to build in the average cost of that into your price. In the retail market they assume between a 5 and 15% "shrinkage" of stock - because people will always steal. So they make that R15 t-shirt cost R17.50 to compensate.

Of course having said all of that I do wish punters had more common decency and basic manners and keep appointments if they make them.
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Deposit or not?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 5093
View Profile
Posted: 2021-09-22 18:49:48

On 2021-09-22 17:20:24 Miss Red (aka Louise) said:
The sad truth is that there will be very few guys that are willing to pay deposits.

The scanky scaly dishonest girls have ruined it for the honest genuine ladies,...

It's not even the scammers that concern me. I wouldn't be booking a wg I think will scam me to start with unless I'm taking the risk of taking one for the team and definitely no chance of a deposit there.

To me it's the extra effort and the anonymity that was already mentioned. I don't want any trail, digital or otherwise of these escapades. Also I put for my convenience and for zero effort and for that I pay the price Vs making effort with a FWB or so. If I'm going through the extra effort of EFT's or ewallet or whatever, it's too much effort for me. I know someone's gonna say it takes a minute or something like that so good for you, still too much effort for me.

N4P
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Deposit or not?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4673
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-09-22 19:12:31

Definitely understand and respect that there will be those that dont wanna pay deposits be it for the sake of privacy or just because it requires some effort...;)

Luckily enough for all of us that choose to operate in a way that makes us feel safer, there are guys that will pay the deposit if they really want to see us..( there is plenty ways to make deposit without having your personal details given away) and luckily for those of you that don't want to pay deposits there is a 100/1 other ladies that would not ask deposits. There is enough sunshine for us all;)

It is definitely not the business model for everyone out there.. but for me the deposit thing works for "high risk" bookings like, overnight,weekends, out calls, appointments made too long in advance, special requests like "meet me naked at the door" from a new client and previous "no shows"
oraljim
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2041
View Profile
Posted: 2021-09-22 19:38:48

On 2021-09-22 19:12:31 Miss Red (aka Louise) said:
It is definitely not the business model for everyone out there.. but for me the deposit thing works for "high risk" bookings like, overnight,weekends, out calls, appointments made too long in advance, special requests like "meet me naked at the door" from a new client and previous "no shows"

Those cases seem perfectly valid to me. However, asking for a deposit before you've ever met someone is a little bit like you walking into a BMW dealership and the dude saying "before I can show you any cars I want a deposit to make sure you aren't going to waste my time." It seems to me like a little bit of wasted time is just the cost of doing business.

Also I think you are wrong about there being "so many ways to pay" that are anonymous. Almost all of the many I have heard of require you to either transfer funds to some app (which you can then pass on) or require some form of registration or ID. I can't even send R200 to my maid for an emergency without having the person at the Spar/PNP/whatever ask for ID. Cash is king. Please remember that although not heavily enforced this *IS* still an illegal activity and some people have a lot to lose if their habits get out. I am not one of them but many on here are.
oraljim
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2042
View Profile
Posted: 2021-09-22 19:43:51

On 2021-09-22 18:49:48 Need4Passion said:
I know someone's gonna say it takes a minute or something like that so good for you, still too much effort for me.
N4P

Absolutely spot on. Punting is almost always a spur-of-the-moment thing for me (and many others) and with the plethora of choices out there, even the slightest bit of friction in making the appointment is likely to make me move on.
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Deposit or not?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 523
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-09-22 19:48:49

This debate is exactly the reason I ask for opinions on the forum. Thanks for the input, I guess deposits are out. Except like Miss. Red said for outcalls and all-nights. I've also avoided some traps by doing that, only to read about another girl falling into the trap by the same guy who wanted me to come for the all night. I might add special requests on the list from time to time, especially when I get a feeling I might be taken for a ride.

kevman
kevman - Re: Deposit or not?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 15
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-07 16:40:59

To add to the discussion because it shines some visibility on the conduct of some of the ladies as well, just like we are seeing with some punters.

As a punter, of my last 4 appointments attempts, only one was successful.
The other three were all no answer at the appointed time, with various dumb excuses.

And I make sure I confirm them 2 days upfront and again the night before.

This is not just a drive by for me, I plan these upfront and take the time out of my schedule.

So a massive letdown when this happens and it doesn't instil a lot of confidence in trying out the services of new ladies.
Mike Hope
Mike Hope - Re: Deposit or not?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 289
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-07 16:55:46

I only do outcalls, I won't pay a deposit. It's simple you pitch I pay.
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Deposit or not?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 11996
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-07 17:05:51

I don't prefer money deposit's, only those ones that are NUCE and NAUGHTY ;)
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: Deposit or not?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 8164
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-07 18:07:42

I will not pay a deposit u will rec full payment when I arrive don't even bother asking. I don't have the time to run after a 500 deposit.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.