Mbali
Mbali - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 118
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-23 14:06:02

On 2021-10-23 09:31:32 AnthonyEdwards said:
I had a lady once who wanted me to renew her ad on ESA so she could come for the Socials a while back. I even offered to pay her Uber to the venue and back. She never made it to the venue. Came up with some excuse. When I went to visit her for a punt, she complained that I had to give her full price so I paid her full price on went on my merry way.

Till today she keeps messaging me for money for advert, for rent, etc.

I ain't no stupid.

Who keeps the record of what you paid and what discount you get? Is it all just on WhatsApp chat history?

Sadly, you were scammed and you should report your experience and the lady to admin.
Punters will be reluctant to book ladies on this purple site coz of such unpleasant experiences and will negatively affect business for other SP's.
It's just disgusting how others continue to take advantage of others in this day and age.
Mike40
Mike40 - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 947
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-23 14:09:55
Edited: 2021-10-23 14:11:08

The words you don't want to hear from a WG -
"Can you please lend me some money, I will pay you back next week when my brother's friends 2nd cousin's brother-in-law's sister will pay me back the money she owes me."
Mbali
Mbali - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 119
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-23 14:12:39

On 2021-10-23 07:47:16 jd6920 said:
Just wondering is this now a pawn shop where people in financial trouble beg for help or pay and punt later? Please if a punter is in financial trouble must the SP's now bail him out? There is something like financial planning/budget. You know what your commitments are and give yourself a salary and in the good months put away/provide for yourself for the bad times and put money away.

Correct.
I would like to believe we are all adults on this site and know the basics of budgeting. There should be no expectations unless the relationship between the SP and the punter has become more personal.. My problems shouldn't be your problems and vice-versa.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6271
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-23 14:31:20

A certain pain in the arse punter on this forum was well-known for trying to book ladies and pay with gift cards (quite a while ago, haven't heard rumours lately). Several ladies have told me that personally.
I have done bookings for gift cards/vouchers before and guys always end up paying more than my asking price. Now that is good and well if it was gift vouchers like back in the day when you knew exactly what a voucher was worth. A gift card is a chance you take cos you have no idea how much is on the card or if it's enough at the time of service. Those vouchers sent to a phone number is probably a better idea. But it only works if it's from a store that I need things from.
No point giving me a gift card from Incredible Connection, I don't need anything there. I also wouldn't buy much from Woolworths or Foschini or Edgar's.
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1822
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-23 17:14:58
Edited: 2021-10-23 17:39:40

On 2021-10-23 14:06:02 Mbali said:

Sadly, you were scammed and you should report your experience and the lady to admin.
Punters will be reluctant to book ladies on this purple site coz of such unpleasant experiences and will negatively affect business for other SP's.
It's just disgusting how others continue to take advantage of others in this day and age.

If her advert was still active I would have, but then again it's the moral story of you mess up her income, she can't feed her kids, her lively hood falls to crap. Maybe she decides suicide is the way to go, and all that blame ends up on me. Nobody wants that whole guilt trip and drama to worry about.

Paying by gift card now that's different. How do you know how much is there? We might as well be trading cattle and sheep too. Barter and bang, and lol.

I think also people don't realise the difference between the price of something and the value of something.

Both are very different. I can buy a piece of art for R1k, auction it at a charity event for a killing. I can write that off as a tax rebate, and make money off it. The value of that artwork can increase tenfold to the price I paid for it

I think I might stick with pay as you go or like the guys say, punt now pay later deals
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9237
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-23 21:28:06
Edited: 2021-10-23 21:28:41

On 2021-10-23 14:31:20 Bbw Nadia said:
...A certain pain in the arse punter on this forum was well-known for trying to book ladies and pay with gift cards (quite a while ago, haven't heard rumours lately). Several ladies have told me that personally....

I've heard the same...no worries...some of the ladies are "homing" in on him!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-10-23 21:49:45
Edited: 2021-10-23 21:51:49

On 2021-10-23 07:47:16 jd6920 said:

This a Pawn Shop?

Yes and open 24/7/365:

www.esa.co.za/forum/thread.php

Ismail16
Ismail16 - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 355
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-23 22:34:06

I had a regular who I saw often.
I once told her that I am out of cash and needed some treatments plus it was my birthday that week and she said I could come for a treatment all on her, no need to pay. I duly went and told her that I will pay her later which I did. She actually at first refused to take the money but I insisted.
What a lady she was.
Joe
Joe - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 260
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-24 02:00:52

This is a very valid question jd6920.

The knife cuts both ways.

I agree to the fact that financial planning and budgeting is of utmost importance.
At the end of the day this is a business and thats how it should be run.

Xxx
Merlot
Merlot - Re: This a Pawn Shop?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 290
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 10:36:30

On 2021-10-23 09:31:32 AnthonyEdwards said:
I had a lady once who wanted me to renew her ad on ESA so she could come for the Socials a while back. I even offered to pay her Uber to the venue and back. She never made it to the venue. Came up with some excuse. When I went to visit her for a punt, she complained that I had to give her full price so I paid her full price on went on my merry way.

Till today she keeps messaging me for money for advert, for rent, etc.

I ain't no stupid.

Who keeps the record of what you paid and what discount you get? Is it all just on WhatsApp chat history?

I did at one stage lol, Excel spreadsheet ... makes sad reading on what you pay out and what is given in return!!! I'm still a sucker now and then .... but no more spreadsheet.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.