Navigation
Midnight Express
Midnight Express - Quick question for the Punters
Quick question for the Punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 746
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:01:22

Hi Gents Just a quick question because I get very confused when scenarios like these pop up.

If I get a call from a punter and let's say I can't answer because maybe I'm at the mall or mistakenly left my phone behind and came back and found a missed call...

1. If it's say within 5-10 minutes after you've called, would you be okay with a SP trying to call back?

2. Do you expect an sms just stating you've seen the call and to find out if the person was trying to make a booking for the day?

3. Do you expect the SP provider to just wait for YOU to try again when you get some time?

I ask because sometimes I leave my phone behind by mistake if I'm showering or head to the mall two streets away and I come back to missed calls OR even texts that may have been recent and I stand there staring at my phone trying to figure out whether it's safe to try call or sms back of if I might be getting the gents into trouble which obviously we try to avoid .

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Xxx
Midnight Express
Midnight Express - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Re: Quick question for the Punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 747
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:03:38

Also a reason for this question is I do get a lot of clients that try to call and just have the bad luck of missing me at that time.

They might send an sms and I'll see if after 20-30 mins and the sms needs a reply but I don't know whether it's a good time or not?

Thanks again Gents

Xxx
SmashP
SmashP - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 70
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:10:30

To answer number 1.

Maybe wait for the punter to call you back and while on this call ask if you can call back to ccommunicate logistics and the likes.

This will save you unnecessary headaches.

Unnecessary headaches = his wife answering his phone.
Poizy
Poizy - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 89
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:17:16

A whatsapp message after missing the call would be the best as I'm not sure people would be the best for what SmashP just mentioned or the punter could miss the call altogether if they have a punting phone.
Merlot
Merlot - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 336
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:21:55

WhatsApp message or sms .... then up to the punter.
HELover
HELover - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 535
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:30:20

If a guy is using this site he should have a punting phone. Using your personal number for extra curricular activities is gonna get u into trouble sooner or later. Since I have a punting phone I would prefer an SMS as soon as my call was noticed...
Vicky Vee
Vicky Vee - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4107
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:53:19

I also have the same problem sometimes. Getting calls while i am busy with either another booking, or in the shower or just not near my phone for a while...it would be easy if all punters had a punting phone like @HELover said...but sadly its not the case so its always a gamble...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Quick question for the Punters
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:55:10

punters understand that life happens and you will miss calls now and then, but try keep your phone with you specially to the mall you can answer it and tell me what is a good time to call back if you cannot talk.

The taking a shower and those calls of nature its understandable they happen we human after.

For me if you miss my call I will wait and call later or if you are recently showing on line I will call as soon as I notice it.

my advice do not call back play it safe if the guy really wants to see you he will call back even after a day he will. If your profile caught his eye and attention believe you me he will call back
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1469
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 13:56:25

Just say in WhatsApp or SMS: "Sorry i missed your call"

Nothing more. Don't call. Dont send any other messages. Don't even leave your name.

The punter will know who it is/was. If his wife gets his phone, he can just say he don't know from whom the message is. He can even argue someone mistakenly confused his number and send message to him, intended for someone else. If she sees he has phoned the number, he could say he must have dialled a wrong number as he was looking for someone to give a quote on XYZ.
SmashP
SmashP - Re: Quick question for the Punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 71
View Profile
Posted: 2022-03-06 14:02:30

Vrik placed it nicely

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.