James75
James75 - Private Phone And Punter Phone
Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 08:37:18

Hi all

I have been reading the forum for a number of months but never felt I had to comment on something. BUT today I am doing a public service announcement.

I recently had to upgrade and went into my Cell C shop where a dude convinced me to go for a Huawei Mate S dual sim device.

He said you can now have a private number and your normal number.

He explained a few benifits but then I started thinking about other ones.

I took the phone

Now here is my public service:
1. No more 2 phones, the dual sim allowes for 2 sims in one phone.
Reason for this to people that ask (cellphone data bundles are more expensive than a data sim, so one is data the other is voice)
2 the phone can have 2 profiles - main and guest.... this is accessed by 2 pin codes or your fingerprints.

So to keep the wife/partner happy .. you give her the guest pin (eg. 1235) and you have main pin.(eg7867) or register her fingerprint on the guest profile and yours on the main one.(takes up to 5 different finger prints)

She will think its the same and never suspect anything.

3. Here comes the nice part ... from your main profile , you can select private contacts , apps and photo albums that will not be visible in the guest profile.

So if you save xxxxxx number in main profile as private and you have pictures of her in an album you selected as private album, nobody can see it in the guest profile.

The cherry on top is ... when you make a call from the main profile to a private contact , it does not show in the guest profile call history , so no need to remember to delete call history.

Also when making calls you select the sim you want to use. You also select the default data sim.

So thanks to the Huawei Mate S and the Cell C dude I dont have to carry 2 phones and I am safe if she takes it and inspects it.

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-04-14 12:44:37

*ClapsAndCheers4James
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-04-14 12:47:18

All very nice until one day you put the phone down and the "fucking" sim is active and wifey picks it up!

Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1071
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 13:42:26

The CellC salesman is a punter. Maybe James is a Huawei salesman. Either way Huawei Mate S is uncool and performance way below the iPhone6S and Samsung S7.
iamfunluva
iamfunluva - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1518
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 13:46:33

Huawei is getting better all the time but agree has not hit the standards of the current flagships from the big players
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1072
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 14:06:36

On 2016-04-14 13:46:33 iamfunluva said:
Huawei is getting better all the time but agree has not hit the standards of the current flagships from the big players

They should stick to making routers and switches. They realy give Cisco and Juniper a run for their money
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-04-14 14:17:23

On 2016-04-14 08:37:18 James75 said:
She will think its the same and never suspect anything.

Really Now!...I hope you don't get to do this:
www.youtube.com/watch
CaTcH21
CaTcH21 - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 66
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 14:18:30

I guess I don't need to visit mybb anymore, this place is becoming an all-in-one ... cool.
James75
James75 - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 3
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 16:37:02

On 2016-04-14 12:47:18 daporra said:
All very nice until one day you put the phone down and the "fucking" sim is active and wifey picks it up!

Daporra once the screen goes off then it is locked and whoever unlocks will see their profile. Screen locks in 10sec of inactivity.
James75
James75 - Re: Private Phone And Punter Phone
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4
View Profile
Posted: 2016-04-14 16:39:30

On 2016-04-14 13:42:26 Mujahid001 said:
The CellC salesman is a punter. Maybe James is a Huawei salesman. Either way Huawei Mate S is uncool and performance way below the iPhone6S and Samsung S7.

I wish I worked there. Then I would not have had to spend a fuck load of money buying a new phone!I agree S7 is cool but it is very pricey and no dual sim available

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.