Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: Poppy
Re: Poppy
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 728
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-08 17:14:18

On 2018-11-08 16:39:37 Steph94 said:
On 2018-11-08 15:39:10 JustJay11 said: Irukai, Alexa and Steph can all have my last Rolo to go along with the Bells they all deserve.

I'll cheers to that. Infact we should all sit down and have a drink even though we have different opinions :)

I agree, I will be home in January
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: Poppy
Re: Poppy
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 729
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-08 17:15:41

On 2018-11-08 16:34:34 Steph94 said:
On 2018-11-08 12:02:20 Tegwane said: On 2018-11-08 11:33:43 Steph94 said: This whole soldiers fighting and dying for us to be safe propaganda needs is nothing short of hogwash. The brits and their allies have killed many innocent people. I will not wear a poppy for no one. South Africans had no right fighting for the british. It's a choice they made and died for. But whoever waers a poppy for whatever reason then good for you. We all have our opinions with regards to the wars that have happened and that are happening, but I feel that the British and especially the Americans have brought a lot of death on their people as well as innocent people in the name of world peace. Everyone has an agenda. All those British men and woman who are in the ground or are still bearing the scars off battle don't mean anything to me :)

Thank you, are you being deliberately obtuse or trolling?

The freedoms you have today are because of a hell of a lot of people died for you to have this right.

America and UK, would you have preferred Hitler, Stalin? Stalin killed I think 20 million. I understand we are all wired differently but there is a reality, surely?

History favours those who write it sure has been damn good to America and Britain. The world needs 'bad' people so everything that is done in war is justified. Not to offend you but I thought about your question and to be fair asking who I would prefer between Hitler,Stalin,America and the Uk is difficult. Do I pick the lesser of the Evil? You can throw in Bin Laden in there as well ;-)

Wear your poppy with pride and stand for what you believe in, but to me I couldn't be bothered about the so called brave people who killed other people in the name of peace. Those who are still alive to recall what happened in the wars, couldn't be happier to brag about the great victories. On the light side, these war veterans make good compost.

I could argue that pride is the key word, but I won't

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.