Meg - Re: Walking!
Re: Walking!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5436
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-01-19 10:44:19
Edited: 2019-01-19 10:47:38

On 2019-01-18 12:23:24 Mia Bbw said:
Ever since I have been walking which has been since late October last year I just have become so motivated to do more and more. It has had so many benefits to my overall health. I am full of energy and look forward each and every morning to my walk to start my day.

When I started I was excited about doing 2km @ 3.8km an hour. Now three months later I am doing over 8km @ 6.7 to 9km an hour. I actually find myself jogging in areas of my route.

I have a question for anyone that does walking or running. Is it normal to have cramp in the arch of your foot and what can I do to assist the pain. It has been for a week now that my left foot arch is very sore.

Looking forward to any advice please.

Well done my girl!

Slowmac helps with cramps....(discem)
I use it when there is a shortage in diet with salt when i exercise.
It really does work.... (remember your body is detoxing and was use to spicy foods). (Shortage of salt )

You can get inner soles at clicks, discem to put in your tekkie.
It looks like a gel pad you put in your shoes.
I also know some tekkie that's designed for running is really expensive...but you can still make the best of it.

Ps: running shoes should be light weight.
You should actually manage to pick it up with your pinky.

Always put on light socks (thick socks tend to hurt my feet after wearing them for a while ) feels like you pulling the muscles underneath your feet...?
your feet should move comfortably in your tekkies.

You welcome to sent me a pm if you need any advise regarding things in this matter.
Meg
Meg - Re: Walking!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5437
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-01-19 10:50:29

On 2019-01-18 23:31:01 drstiffler said:
Hi
You have plantar fasciitis which involves ur plantar or sole tendons and soft tissue.
An antiinflammatory,foot rest and a insole from Dischem will improve it.

I agree 100 %
Mia Bbw
Mia Bbw - Re: Walking!
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2842
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-01-19 11:06:18

Thanks Meg i appreciate your advice as well.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.