Navigation
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - ...mirror, mirror.
...mirror, mirror.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2684
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-17 22:03:53

...in line with much being discussed on looks and preferences.

I had to stop and smile in amusement.

The mirror.

An item that never featured high on my list of priorities. An item, used to create the illusion of depth and space and add beauty in my home.
Never aware of my image nor tempted to look at the passing reflection of me.
Always comfortable and relaxed in my imperfections.Neither addicted nor obsessed with my image.
And when stared into, at the appropriate moments, a means to ensure i was, hopefully, appealing enough for a date or presentable in my professional liaisons.
Now and again glancing to confirm all in place....rather a "quick-over" than a deliberate study.

How things change. It was the umpteenth time i looked at myself....actually scrutinized myself.
Exhausted, and the lines showed it . The hair not as fresh and bouncy as that morning ....the shoulders slightly rounded from the days work.
The mirror the boss now. A cruel boss.
A necessity
a reminder to look, project an image and illusion others want to buy into.....
A space occupied where ones image projected is the first step to the buy-in.
The importance of consistency over and over...... looking ones best.

How easy to lose oneself.
Either becoming a narcissist lost in the image of oneself
Or
becoming ones worst critic seeing imperfections as a curse....a deep set insecurity and self- loathing setting in.

Whichever way....an unhealthy imbalance could settle, influencing ones psyche and the way one interact with others.
A challenge worthy of note...to find that balance and revel in just being....

"Mirror mirror on the wall
Whose the fairest of them all..."

RB.
Saffron Skye
Saffron Skye - Re: ...mirror, mirror.
Re: ...mirror, mirror.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 677
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-18 07:40:40

Absolutely beautiful...

Did you write this?
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: ...mirror, mirror.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6586
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-18 07:49:28

Beautiful writing and very true. Funny you should write this. We had a family occasion and my cousins fished out family albums. And yes, I wasted my thin years thinking I was fat and ugly. I put 2 pics side by side, a difference of over 20yrs and I love both me's
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: ...mirror, mirror.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2689
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-18 08:03:21

Dearest Saffron Skye

Thank u for your kind words. xxx

Yes i did and should i quote another persons work then reference is made to the author.

ooops...now we shall have someone saying that my ending is not mine...thus, it comes from the fairy tale

"Snow White and the Seven dwarfs"...grin.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: ...mirror, mirror.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2690
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-18 08:14:05
Edited: 2022-01-18 08:16:54

Dear dear Bbw Nadia

How time does its thing...we like it or not. We can try all we like to slow its creeping into our lives.

How gravity with time knows to add a sag to boobies and much else.

Giving birth for, one may wish to raise a family, giving reference to "mummy tummies" (i like this term)....and even without babies that tummy has its little roundness.

And those facial lines some call character while others call it "old".

I suppose that is why plastic surgeons make a killing...our insecurities and what we envisage as beautiful does line their pockets.

Damn...time to extend my wellness feelers into the field of botox and more...i see men are now looking for that hair implant, facial line softening, pot belly control much more than before.

But, yes. What i was then and what i am now...in physical form i am told ..." u are fuller in your hips i see! And those boobies hang a little..."

Siggghhhhhhh......splendiferous i am in all my womanly body changes...it was given to me and mine to embrace and love.

x

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.