Mr. R
Mr. R - Mental Health Break
Mental Health Break
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 86
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-01 12:24:01

TL;DR in play,forewarned is forarmed..

My Higher Energy implores me to share this decision with Purple Surfers,because odds are good that punters & SP's will strongly identify, so here goes..

I'm experimenting with taking a short break from today until Sunday to maintain some balance & nourish my mental health.

Although not financially viable,I reckon the break offers far more positives that outweigh the short-term financial loss of no work at all for 4 days.

I know myself much better now,and recognize the very real need for connection with others,& reckon my decision is a healthy one to get closer to that goal.

In the time off,I'm actively taking steps in reconnecting with my nuclear family in these ways:

1)No phones,no TV,no social media,YouTube,WhatsApp,'Flix etc.

2)Playing cricket,soccer,maalies, kennetjie & chasing-tjies on the street until dark with my life-partner & kids,the way it was where I grew up as a laaitjie.

3)Building a paaraa-kite with newspaper, plus a 4-corner & 6-corner one with crepe paper & dowel-sticks,climbing the roof & flying it there.

4)Coffee & holding hands with my life-partner on the balcony as the sun goes down each evening.

5)Hoping for at least 1 night shower,so that my partner & I vry each other on the roof,in the rain.

6)Board games,braai ,ice cold drinks,swingball & hosing each other every afternoon.

7)Playing all albums by Queen,Tears 4 Fears,Prince,UB40 & MJ on high volume all day,and singing along to the lyrics.

Best parts?

Not gonna cost me anywhere near what a holiday to Durbs,Clarens,Vaal or CT would,

AND

I get to reconnect with my nuclear family in a memorable & fun way.

I know for many of us,it's just not feasible to take 4 whole days off,the freaking struggle is real,however,for myself,it's a complete no-brainer.

I gotsta do this,for my own wellness,as well as sharing in the happiness of my nuclear family.

Hope whoever's reads this gets some real Energy out of it,so that the rest of December is tackled with renewed vigour & strength.

Catch you all on Monday!

Cheerio!

Mr.R.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Mental Health Break
Re: Mental Health Break
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6413
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-01 13:08:33

Don't we all need this from time to time to ground ourselves and recharge. Spending time enjoying simple pleasures is so refreshing.
Enjoy!!!
Topdeckparty
Topdeckparty - Re: Mental Health Break
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 518
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-01 13:24:14
Edited: 2021-12-01 13:24:34

In this business, such 4 days break happens every month .....
Victoria
Victoria - Re: Mental Health Break
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3407
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-01 13:25:38

Self Care is the Best Care. You have to look after yourself to be able to look after others. Hope you have a really great time and return feeling energised and refreshed.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Mental Health Break
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2983
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-01 13:58:22

On 2021-12-01 13:25:38 Victoria said:
Self Care is the Best Care. You have to look after yourself to be able to look after others. Hope you have a really great time and return feeling energised and refreshed.

I am sure you would be able to take "better care" than self care during time spend in your company
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Mental Health Break
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2485
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-01 21:03:26

Mr R

Enjoy.

x

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.