Navigation
Le Belle
Le Belle - The Rules
The Rules
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 755
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-28 21:10:26

I just finished a book titled 'The Rules' and it was a 'how to' kind of book on the art of seduction, flattery and 'getting' of men. Specifically a boyfriend or husband. Focusing on 'old fashioned' but what the authors felt was correct advice...

I like reading these kind of old fashioned ideas. I enjoy watching 1950 inspired YouTube videos or those old short educational films on how men and women should conduct themselves. So I sat down, paged through and enjoyed the advice. Most of it doesn't apply to me currently as I'm very happily married but still fun to read and get ideas for ladies in the industry. However... it turns out I have failed!

There was a chapter towards the end for the married ladies reading and the second, top important rule which they made very clear if you didn't follow your marriage could be doomed....

DONT INITIATE SEX.

Well, that's slightly problematic as I tend to initiate it alot, on occasion several times a day.

The book stated that the men must be the hunter, they enjoy the challenge and wouldn't appreciate the woman making the move (no matter how much the woman wants it herself!)

I showed my husband who had a good laugh and made it clear he very, very much appreciates me making the first move and our marriage is not doomed.

So some Rules should be broken, I'm a Rules breaker and been a very bad girl (to the hubby's delight.... and mine).

XoXo
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: The Rules
Re: The Rules
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2752
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-29 08:49:21

In school we were taught pluto was a planet, then it got demoted, now it is one again. The news tells us don't eat bacon it's bad for you, now we can eat bacon it's good for you again. More doctors smoked Camel cigarettes, now we shouldn't smoke...

So many contradictions. Sometimes companies get their own research departments to write these things to create confusion and doubt for their own benefit. Fake news is used to also try to manipulate gullible people.

Never believe religiously everything you read without properly researching its source and motive

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.