Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - I need clarity and to clarify
I need clarity and to clarify
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3739
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-09 12:03:22
Edited: 2019-10-09 12:12:09

When someone says I will be in your area around 1/1;30 or In the next hour or so...what time should I keep open for you?
And now to clarify I will not be waiting and turn down bookings in favour of such vague eta's. Its just wreaking havock in my schedule. Had a bit of a blow-up because some guy felt I shouldn't have booked someone when he gave a 'around 10/10.30' booking. My fault was not making it clear that I need to know if its 10 or 10.30 or anything in between.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-09 14:11:15

I do the same with my clients...... I ask them to be more specific!! Is it 10 or 10:30? Pick one! I have a day to plan.....
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3740
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-09 14:29:47

I took a booking which ran 10 mins into the time he said he would be here lets say 10:10. What a blow-up. Anyway he said he would phone when he leaves..... you guessed right..... no call.
When guys say 'in the next hour or so' should I exepct him in 10 mins or 55 or 1hr15 mins. They all fall within the 'next hour or so'.
So I have to insist on a def time. Often when guys claim a lady didn't answer her phone or she wasnt ready or available, etc, etc, I think its because of this kind of thing. They didn't make a def appointment for x o'clock.
Louise
Louise - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 236
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-09 17:42:40

Often get that.... I will be in your area around so and so time, will give u a call then...( in fact had it this morning;) still waiting on that call)

That to me is not setting an appointment.. That is a statement that you will be in my area..

I always tell them that, and to set an appointment. And to confirm half hour /20 minutes before set appointed time to confirm they on their way..( especially first time "clients".. Regulars I don't have trouble with when they phone and say they will be coming they always do.)

I always have half hour to hour between bookings.( so saying u did phone and I didn't pic up does not fly.. Lol) If client does not confirm that he on his way half hour/20 minutes before appointed time slot. I will take someone else in his place if I should have a short notice client that calls in.

Don't feel bad Nadia it is business. Our business works on same principals as other service businesses..(Spooner just confirmed that) You can't just pop into a salon/doctor/lawyer or anyone's office even if you did tell receptionist you might be in that area around that time, with out appointment and expect instant service..you will wait in the line and those with appointments will be helped first.
Bonzaromeo
Bonzaromeo - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 230
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-10 03:02:25

Yup,
Vague time, equals, no commitment.

No reason to block out your calendar for a vague appointment.

If I'm lukewarm on a visit, or not sure of my own availability, and a lady asks, "so when are you coming through?", I'll usually say "oh, um, later this week"
tony b bop
tony b bop - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 208
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-10 08:49:02

In a country where precise timing is a fluid concept, we even have three "nows" 10:00 could be 12:30 to some.

Had a guy with an excavator turn up seven hours late once, five hours after everyone else got fed up and went on to other jobs!

I dread to think what it's like for the Purple ladies and their appointment times.
Bbw Nadia
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3745
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-10 10:10:08
Edited: 2019-10-10 10:12:16

Tony b bop. It's very common in my business. Someone will ask 'are you free later today?'
Me: what time later today?
Him: around lunchtime.
..... then he gets upset when he calls at 2 & I am not free for a 3pm appointment.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-10 10:47:32
Edited: 2019-10-10 10:49:10

i often wa the gps eta when I leave. sometimes silence and then i wait till the agreed time but at times she responded "that will be fine". or " nobody here so you welcome to come early".
not always easy to guess traffic times so i find this works for me
Bbw Nadia
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3746
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-10 11:35:26

On 2019-10-10 10:47:32 ystervark said:
i often wa the gps eta when I leave. sometimes silence and then i wait till the agreed time but at times she responded "that will be fine". or " nobody here so you welcome to come early".
not always easy to guess traffic times so i find this works for me

I don't mind that at all. If a guy is a bit early I might no be 100% ready but I will at least be showered.
nsasexguy
nsasexguy - Re: I need clarity and to clarify
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 87
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-10 11:47:42

I'm guilty of this.
My understanding is this:
10:00 to 10:30 means I will be there between that time, not 10:35. If you have a 11:00 booking then tell me.
If i say it's an hour appointment then you start the time from 10:30 whether I'm there or not.

I always pay for the extra 40 minutes if I'm late.
If I'm there at 10:15 then the appointment ends at 11:15.

I always try to keep the lady in the loop about arrival time. I also try not the make the spread more than 10 minutes.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.