Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8865
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 07:25:09

On 2019-10-06 04:04:15 Claudia Gentlemens Delight said:
On 2019-10-04 14:29:15 Melina - The Edging Expert said: On 2019-10-04 14:21:30 Ms Paige said:

The reason I started this thread is because I have hit a stumbling block as far as Enlightenment goes. Yes we should not judge as we will be held accountable for our own actions. I wanted to understand how it is easy for people to be more understanding of 1 scenarios than the other if society deems them both to be wrong. Do people who have understanding towards someone muling drugs and not the scammer then double standards.

Absolutely.
Anyone who has an opinion has double standards.
Why?
As far as enlightenment goes, you would actually not give a fuck.
The fact that you give a fuck, simply and probably means that your ego might be involved.
If it wasn't the case, you'd probably not have been bothered by whatever it was, that bothered you...

100 % one would not give a damn if one were 100% enlightened because one would have higher understanding for both parties. However I am a mother before I am a wg. The fact that I have 2 kids and a grandchild also means that every single day my inner journey is with my ego especially when it comes to loved. Further more I am a recovering addict and have not touched the shit myself in God knows how long, Thank God.

I don't personally know the lady that muled the drugs but I do know what drugs do not only to the user but the loved ones of the user. However as spirit in human embodiment this in its own should make want to harshly judge the mule because I would like to keep the future generations of mini me safe. Though I am not standing here judging her. Though I don't know the lady personally I have only met her once. She has never given me a reason to dislike her. I do have a very good friend who is very close to the drug mule. A different understanding of who the lady is as a person however makes me not judge her as a person. Instead I question myself and ask my did she do it. This is something I will never understand. As far as a scammer goes this we also know and perceive to be wrong. She herself might be on drugs and desperate for a next fix. Or she could be controlled by Nigerian she works for. Maybe she has medical aid bills to pay like some of us. Perhaps a household full of hungry kids and is desperate. Some of these reasons should be enough to feel for her and others not.

If anyone operates from a point above ego. Well then judgement would never be passed as they would have a higher understanding so they would not judge or question it they will expect it for what is because everything is exactly the way it should be.

Thank you for your response Claudia.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8866
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 07:29:22

On 2019-10-04 14:48:27 majorjohn said:
I suspect the attitudes taken are strongly influenced by the popularity of the respective ladies. It is harder to take a hard line attitude towards someone you know and liked. The answer is always, "but I know them and they must have had a reason". Personally I feel trafficking drugs, especially heroin is the far more serious offence even if it is less close to home. And there was an attempt to extort me so I can relate to that.

I guess you are right however if those people really truly and honestly gave a damn they wouldn't be out there making excuses for them or begging for people not to judge her. They would be doing what a person who genuinely loved her would do. Accept it and yes even though she will be paying for her crime. They would be hard on the person because they truly cared and not make any excuses. At least I would if I had someone I cared about fucking up.

Thank you for this response.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8867
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 07:34:24

On 2019-10-04 20:05:16 RShaft said:
Every terrorist is someone's hero.

It's not about passing judgement, it's about taking a stand and not accepting the bullshit that is leading to the material deterioration of our societies.

No one here is an angel and not one situation is simple black and white, good or evil.

But where people's lives are ruined or lost because of the selfish actions of a few, we should stop trying to explain that away.

Scams, drugs, robberies, murders, rape and I can name much more. So long as people hurt and people die, we need to stop trying to understand why the perpetrators do what they do. Tolerating evil simply leads to more evil, not less.

Yet at some point we are tolerating or doing evil. Be it screaming at the waiter for getting your order wrong, fucking your best friends wife or husband. Having ill feelings to others because they are different or thinking you are better than the next. Treating someone like shit to make you feel better about yourself. There are many different shades of right and wrong just some are more tolerable and acceptable than others for what ever reason.

Wrong is wrong then is it not.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8868
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 07:38:49

On 2019-10-05 00:56:49 Mysticmac said:
Let's see the similarities between them.

1. Both are morally wrong.
2. They have the same motives-desperate need for money. If the smuggler was really coerced why did she get compensated for it? Sounds more like a deal was made. I might argue that the scammer might be similarly coerced or worse

According to 2, if you use the argument "we do not know why she did it/we do not know her motives.." then you can argue similarly for scammers. But NOBODY did on the post on scammers. Why? This will be answered in the next episode of Dragon Ball Z....not really I will answer it now.

1. People are selfish. Plain simple. The presence of scammers mean that punters are at risks of getting robbed and wgs will have fewer clients as trust is scarce. So, as WE are affected WE care.
2. Quite related to 1, we have the choice to take drugs but not the choice to be robbed. Robbery is forceful. So having the choice to take drugs transfers the blame to the drug addict-victim and the smuggler is an angel trying to facilitate a transaction.(Had an argument with a wg about this)
3. Popularity contest. Scammers don't have friends- only accomplice
4. Smuggler is a good friend/mother and that apparently means she gets a free pass to hurt and treat others badly.

Which is worse?

We can all agree that physical harm is worse than theft. We can all agree that hurting thousands of lives is worse than hurting one person. We can all agree that drug abuse is a serious issue. We all have anecdotes where our relatives had serious drug problems and how it affected the people around them. You know the answer.

Getting robbed does not prevent you from making money in the future. Drugs rob your future. (Drops the mic)

As we are affected we care. That is sad so in other words if your son is drug mule it affects you you care you feel for him you do what you Canto help a situation. Yet your neighbors little girl might be physically or sexually abused and you are weary of it you will turn a blind eye because it doesn't affect you? Is that action not wrong to as turning a blind eye to a crime might as well make you a accomplis to it.
Arhwen
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8869
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 07:42:42

On 2019-10-06 06:39:49 Bbw Nadia said:
On 2019-10-04 14:48:27 majorjohn said: I suspect the attitudes taken are strongly influenced by the popularity of the respective ladies. It is harder to take a hard line attitude towards someone you know and liked. The answer is always, "but I know them and they must have had a reason". Personally I feel trafficking drugs, especially heroin is the far more serious offence even if it is less close to home. And there was an attempt to extort me so I can relate to that.

This makes the most sense. The fact that there was not a single post trying to understand why the scammer did what she did is very much proof of that. Our response is also affected by our history or personal experience of what the person has done.
Being non-judgemental is a journey. We are never 100% there.

Its a work in progress that never gets easier and takes a hell of alot of internal work. After decades of working on this i too can honestly say I have still not managed to slay the ego. However if you take a look back at where you come from and where you are going to can you smell the growth.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.