ztm
ztm - Re: Love
Re: Love
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 41
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-28 22:28:37

Love/marriage is best described by Homer Simpson:
"You've learned a valuable lesson, son. Love doesn't exist except briefly between a man and a woman before marriage. After that, it's just hanging out with someone who kind of hates you, but you can't get it together to leave."

:D
Melina - The Edging Expert
Melina - The Edging Expert - Re: Love
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1523
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-29 06:39:07

Firstly I think you guys are confusing love with ego and emotion. Love knows no limits and no boundaries. Live never actually really leaves once its there. Because its kind its understanding and its compassionate.

Ego and emotion however are a different ball game those are the ones that hurt and get angry and hold on to stuff that they should let go of.

People come and go love will always remain irrespective of circumstance and situation. Even should the person choose to move on for their own best interest it doesn't mean love has left it simply means the love is there however I choose not to let myself be misused.

I have plenty to say on the topic.

Unfortunately not enough time at this stage.

I could give you a full lesson on what love is and what its not.

The sad reality is that most people claim to love but dont even know the first thing about love.

Anyway before I go more Indepth on the matter its best i take a deep breath and go love the beach ;)

Have a beautiful blessed day :)

semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Love
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1215
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 07:28:50

On 2018-10-28 21:53:13 elbuorT said:
..Yes it has been retrieved...Power to you.

Well done!...[insert peace sign here]
MrShyGuyV2
MrShyGuyV2 - Re: Love
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1244
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 11:49:56

True love is a myth created by books and tv/movies. Love gets clouded by lust and ego. No love is truly unconditional. Love is only a moment, and moments don't last forever.

My 2c
9cloud9
9cloud9 - Re: Love
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 164
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 12:21:55
Edited: 2018-10-29 12:22:55

The philosopher Frederick Nietzsche said: "Marriages fail not due to lack of love but due to lack of friendship." He also said there is only one true love and that is between mother and child.
J_69
J_69 - Re: Love
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 457
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 12:25:39

On 2018-10-28 12:27:18 elbuorT said:
Does it ever come back when it's gone.

When you and your partner have lost the spark in your relationship, let's say completely lost the spark. Is there a way one can rejuvenate it or it's best to let go.

Very serious crossroads

If it's gone, then it was never true love to begin with. 2me, true love can withstand the tests of time.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Love
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 19:45:53

Once there was no spark. And it was fed and fanned and became a flame. That flame has been starved and has gone out. There is a reason it is called making love. Because it takes effort.

There is something that makes us act when we that someone special. We walk up, ask their name, get their number, go out on a date. We feel the spark and feed it through our actions.

Sometimes the spark is purely physical. Sometimes it is purely emotional. Sometimes it is both.

Can a spark be kindled? Of course! Who hasn't chased someone who showed absolutely no interest and made something of it? The answer to your question is obvious.

BUT, the real question is whether you should. And unfortunately, that question is not one that can be answered by someone who doesn't know you or your partner. Seek counsel from those close to you. Good luck!

In the meantime, I recommend a bottle of Jack, 2 Red Bulls, 3 joints and an all-nighter with an amenable lady of the delightful persuasions that you desire...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Love
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-10-29 20:07:42

On 2018-10-29 11:49:56 MrShyGuyV2 said:
True love is a myth created by books and tv/movies. Love gets clouded by lust and ego. No love is truly unconditional. Love is only a moment, and moments don't last forever.

My 2c

I 100% agree. This concept of 'true' unconditional and forever love is a fallacy created by Hollywood. Love like any emotion is fleeting, staying in love with someone takes work. It is a conscious decision you must make everyday.
786dadzn
786dadzn - Re: Love
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 516
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 20:10:01

Love??? Huh!! Whats that...
Andy9669
Andy9669 - Re: Love
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 876
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-29 20:48:10

The spark is not love. That is infatuation. Love is the daily decision to commit to a person wholeheartedly. It's not an emotion, is an action. It is not driven by what you can get but what you can give.

If that action is not reciprocated over time, address it overtly. Seek help with a good counsellor. Don't give up without trying our you will just fall into the same trap again with someone else.

But if they can't commit to you, if they can't give love to you, then perhaps there is a case to leave. Do it carefully and gently.

All the best sir.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.