Navigation
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5487
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-22 15:46:22

In Greek mythology, Narcissus (/nrsss/; Greek: , Nrkissos) was a hunter from Thespiae in Boeotia who was known for his beauty. He was the son of the river god Cephissus and nymph Liriope.[1] He was proud, in that he disdained those who loved him, causing some to commit suicide to prove their unrelenting devotion to his striking beauty. Nemesis noticed this behavior and attracted Narcissus to a pool, where he saw his own reflection in the water and fell deeply in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the allure of his reflection in the pool and having developed an unrequited love that could never be reciprocated, Narcissus lost his will to live and committed suicide. In some versions of the myth, Narcissus stared into his reflection until he withered away. In all versions, his body disappears and all that is left is a narcissus flower. Narcissus is the origin of the term narcissism, a fixation with oneself and one's physical appearance or public perception.
Climax
Climax - Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3631
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-22 18:13:35

Friend you read a lot, I admire that and I'll just sponge off of you when I'm lazy to read anything...
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5493
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-22 18:31:29

On 2018-09-22 18:13:35 Climax said:
Friend you read a lot, I admire that and I'll just sponge off of you when I'm lazy to read anything...

Anytime babe! Lol.
suzook
suzook - Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 410
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-23 12:04:01

Mmmmm.... 'greek' you say??
Lady Sade
Lady Sade - Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 870
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-23 15:20:34

On 2018-09-22 15:46:22 Veronica Franco said:
In Greek mythology, Narcissus (/nrsss/; Greek: , Nrkissos) was a hunter from Thespiae in Boeotia who was known for his beauty. He was the son of the river god Cephissus and nymph Liriope.[1] He was proud, in that he disdained those who loved him, causing some to commit suicide to prove their unrelenting devotion to his striking beauty. Nemesis noticed this behavior and attracted Narcissus to a pool, where he saw his own reflection in the water and fell deeply in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the allure of his reflection in the pool and having developed an unrequited love that could never be reciprocated, Narcissus lost his will to live and committed suicide. In some versions of the myth, Narcissus stared into his reflection until he withered away. In all versions, his body disappears and all that is left is a narcissus flower. Narcissus is the origin of the term narcissism, a fixation with oneself and one's physical appearance or public perception.

Very interesting Veronica.

I have had the "liberty" of that experience. Never again!

Lady Sade
C1989
C1989 - Re: Narcissus....remind you of anyone?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 51
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-23 16:21:49

Is this a particular reference to Psychology and having a narcissist in your life destroying you?

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.