Navigation
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4511
View Profile
Posted: 2014-04-21 20:56:08

Well to top all this out the A.n.c. has now decided that the distribution of farm land will take place if they were to win elections we handing for hectic times in Sa.
bigdurbanguy
bigdurbanguy - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-07 14:11:24

Hi can I ask the white guys in there 40 s and 50 s a question..... Do you guys really believe that the black government does not need you? Does this country need you? Because I believe that this country needs you more now than at any other time in history!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-03-08 15:54:26

I would like to object to this false idea that unemployment affects white people because they do not conform to BEE codes.

Unemployment affects everybody. But it particularly affects black youth, at more than 65% unemployment rate, compared to < 10% for white youth (< 35 years old). Simple.

Policies that "favour blacks" do exist, and are abused in places. But again, statistics disfavour the argument that such policies have inhibited career progressions of white people. This is simply false. The idea that these policies end up favouring a small clique of BEE candidates and their spawn is also true. The other day on TV I saw a former Miss SA singing all the good praises of the Multichoice multi-million Rand enterprise development fund. And I was disgusted. This particular woman and her business have been Top Billed into every possible empowerment anything in media over the last 21 years or so. Her husband is CE of some other telecoms company, and they are both non executive directors of several companies. And yet there she was, not empowered, but an empowerment candidate. Such examples are aplenty, going all the way to our Lonmin McDonalds "Buffalo Blind Trust" Deputy President Shanduka Cyril Ramaphosa, MTN.

Does that mean things are like that for all blacks? It's can't be 50,000 blacks in that position. In total, all together.
To then call this < 1% of the population the norm and baseline is numerically daft, disingenuous, and ultimately dangerous.

Some cite how educated and skilled (probably white) people find themselves unemployed and obsoleted in South Africa? Well, black, educated, experienced people also find themselves kicking up empty cans by the kerb every now and then. For long, relentless periods. Some lost their jobs as far back as the early 90's, and now have absolutely no hope to ever get a semblance of a job since their skills have corroded. Indeed, when "white businesses" get overlooked for that tender, or have to give up that margin to facilitate that shadowing BEE deal or tender, it is black labour that bears the brunt of it all. When Union royalty settles its political scores through protracted strikes and unreasonable demands, it is black labours who see get shown the padlock on the gates 3 months later.

Black businesses go bust all the time because of the expectation that blacks should understandingly pay up a bribe to government officials. Nothing beats that feeling of cultivating a market or contract throughout a 5 year government sales cycle with your own money only for the state's chief executive of something to turn around and say, "Well, my boy, if you procure raw materials from my cousin's firm here at inflated prices, the deal is yours." at which point a moral-based refusal leads to further prolongation or turning the deal to someone else who agrees.

Black kids get food poisoned by corrupt black tenderpreneurs fighting for tender renewals or regional dominance. Nothing gets done, because, well, cousin so-and-so is the one who is behind the fight in the first place and he is what-what in provincial government. This is truly the black experience.

the majority, the blacks, definitely got a burning end of this stick too. Maybe it's not a stick, but a branch with many ends. All the same though, the ends are hot.
It is simply tough. For everybody.

Please stop inserting racial undertones, taking this topic as opportunity to let that racist sleeve slip and show.

Re. the overseas option, well, I do agree that it is worth trying. Besides offering global experience, exposure to multiple global trends, mature industries, different governance processes and languages, it is often more financially rewarding. Compare salaries paid for senior software developers in the USA ($100k +), to those paid in South Africa (R650,000 +).
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2837
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-08 23:39:09
Edited: 2015-03-08 23:46:40

Cyril paid R18m for a buffalo.
Birthday boy Bob slaughtered one for his braai.

Watch Al-Jazeera channel 406 tomorrow 9 March 2015 @ 18:30 "Counting the Cost" dealing with the impending economic implosion of the SA economy .

bigdurbanguy
bigdurbanguy - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-12 14:26:30

The truth is that this country can only succeed if we go back to the Mandela way of thinking that black and white south Africans can work together to make our country great.

The BBEEE thief's are selling our children and country to the Chinese and Indians. And we need to look at Chinese and Indian / Islamic intervention in our country in its true context....... They are in this country for THERE OWN BENEFIT . they each have there own empires that have existed for thousands of years and they are just colonising our country.

For e.g. You can see the Somali and Pakistani shop owners all got shops with R200 000.00 or R300 000.00 stock in trade. How does a illegal foreigner have this kind of capital ( do you smell a rat?) well,

lets try and figure this out....Firstly how did the illegal get into this country, then how did he get a place to stay , then how did he get money to rent the shop , then how did he get R300 000 stock for his shop.

The answer is simple the illegal Muslim foreigner is brought to this country by someone who got a hidden agenda that is not our countries agenda..... i.e. the Islamification of our country.

Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2837
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-12 19:38:03

What on earth are you on about Islamization in your halting, stilted, illiterate diatribe!

"THEIR OWN BENEFIT "
not
"THERE OWN BENEFIT"
"Thieves" not "thief's".

Foreigners are thrifty and work harder.
South Africans are a lazy bunch.

"Go to the ant thou sluggard, and learn her ways", quoth God in the Bible.
maestro75
maestro75 - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 238
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-16 10:53:13

in all fairness, i dont live in SA, but do believe the little i have seen of it, it is a beautiful country, what amazes me and not only in SA, but almost everywhere, how problems such as unemployment are blamed on everyone else...??

@ big durban guy, i get your point, not that i agree with it, but in all honesty it is the same all over africa, we see new immigrants coming in and a vast majority do quite well, my take on this is firstly, where these immigrants come from, they have nothing, hence when they have a chance they give it everything, secondly, i believe they rough it out, i have seen, newly "imported" immigrants sleep on shop counters, live in little store rooms, to save a buck, eventually their savings are reinvested.......

anyway this is my 2 cents worth......
kameshang
kameshang - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 232
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-18 10:29:00

Yes I agree sa has employment issues. But there are jobs out there. Trust me I got more involved in trying to promote job creation. But the average man in the street wants to earn tons doing no physical work whatsoeva. For skilled people yes its frustrating but the question instead of complaining what are u or I doing to change it. Also about nigeria I know I'm not gonna be liked for saying this they will be better than us their corruption levels far worse than us. One just needs to find out about lagos and see how bad things are their. That's just my opinion and what I learnt and seen.
Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2851
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-21 11:42:55

"What are you or I doing about it?"

The old hoary excuse this corrupt government uses repeatedly to escape its responsibility.

We need ACCOUNTABILITY !!!

Grass not mowed in the parks?

Crime?

Corruption in high places?

Eskom woes?

Municipal billing crisis?

Nkandla ?

kameshang
kameshang - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 236
View Profile
Posted: 2015-03-29 18:12:54

Ben I hear u out but trust me I been around both locally and abroad. Sa is the boss. We have things easy here. Yes I agree we have problems but here's some of the things I've tried to do to change but unfortunatl too many people here become complainers and do noting to change situation. Am involved in cpf-petty crime has dropped glad to say I get company I work for and myself and staff to donate money to stop it by getting more manpower to make difference. I've read your posts for last few years and feel u feel passionate about what u speak of I only wish and hope u take time to develope solutions and implement them. If we start that type of mentality all will be sorted in this wonderful country with so many awesome people.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.