Navigation
SeeConquerCome
SeeConquerCome - Question for James - Mr Delivery
Question for James - Mr Delivery
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 179
View Profile
Posted: 2012-09-04 16:48:55

When we post a review and then want to redit a part of it, the review edit function includes the formatting characters as part of the review text, so the resaved edited review looks crazy. Any way that you can help in this regard? Can send you an example if you so wish.
ESADevelopment
ESADevelopment - Re: Question for James - Mr Delivery
Re: Question for James - Mr Delivery
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 286
View Profile
Posted: 2012-09-06 16:54:24

Hi SCC

Yes, the problem you are referring to is unfortunately extremely difficult to fix. The forum wasn't designed for reviews and the reviews were not designed for the forum. We wanted to "marry" them and that crazy text you refer to is one of the side effects.

One solution would be to completely remove the formatting (those [b] tags) or otherwise allow [b] tags in posts.

I'm a bit afraid of allowing tags in posts. If you search google for cross site scripting (XSS) you'd be amazed at the strange things you can slip into innocent tags like the bold or italic tags. That is part of the reason why forums like phpBB use their own non-html tags.

I did add this to our list of things to do, will see if I can come up with some sort of plan.

Regards

James

saintjj
saintjj - Re: Question for James - Mr Delivery
Re: Question for James - Mr Delivery
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1239
View Profile
Posted: 2012-09-07 12:57:57

Hi James,

I'm not sure if I need to check my pc settings, but each time I log in,and click on a profile or forum topic, the system(ESA Site), keeps logging me out automatically.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem.I log-in via Google chrome.

some advice from your side will be handy.

thanks
saintjj

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.