Navigation
myword
myword - Seeing how people ended up
Seeing how people ended up
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 440
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-09 20:49:43

So attend my First School reunion. Missed the previous Two due to work commitment. Its a eye opener how some ended up. Its 25 y down the line. I lost contact with most of my school mates. Only chat know and then with One or Two on Facebook. Most did not end up what they planned and study for. Some did good for themselves and others did not. The hottest girl that all were drooling over has being divorced Twice... She still stunning. I myself studied for a teacher.. Never became one.. Did some holiday work on wine farm for pocket money. Finished my studies... Ended up in Wine industry ever since... Did ever think I will be a punter... Not in million years..Yes so never ended up how I planned things.. Yet all for the good.
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Re: Seeing how people ended up
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 520
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-09 21:05:36

Went to my 30th a while ago, only seven of my class left, all emigrated
Meg
Meg - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4767
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-10 05:19:47

This is one event I'll give a miss.
Imagine me explaining what I do for a living.
I know one of my classmates was in this industry years ago.
Don't know if she still is....

It's the one job No one talks about or discuss openly to everyone.
No I didn't end up where I wanted to be....and now I don't ever think I will.
Ps: I wanted to work with animals or game farms.
Tourism, or have my own gym one day.
SamD
SamD - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 88
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-10 08:32:29
Edited: 2018-09-10 08:33:44

[QUOTE;1422677;Meg] Ps: I wanted to work with animals ... /QUOTE]

And you are not?
Meg
Meg - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4769
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-10 08:39:40

On 2018-09-10 08:32:29 SamD said:
[QUOTE;1422677;Meg] Ps: I wanted to work with animals ... /QUOTE]

And you are not?

Lol, genuine make believe teddy bears lol.

Sometimes bokkies.....(snakes, frogs) .......just joking.....

Depending on the situation it will determine what animal comes out with the play session haha?!
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 778
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-10 08:48:49

Yeah...Reunions...
The time when all your A-Level class mates try to outdo you, and tell you how fucked up you ended up, and the only one that really remembers you,is the "village bicycle", and she has a few great-grandchildren now- you look back and think, WOW-"did I really fuck That bat"...LOL

I declined my last invite- on grounds that they did not make provisions for attendees with Zimmer Frames....how inconsiderate can organizers be
Done_It_All
Done_It_All - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 11
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-10 08:56:43

....and now I don't ever think I will.
[/QUOTE]

Here's the problem. With that defeatist attitude you never will. You seriously need to follow that dream. Use this as a stepping stone into game farm tourism. Africa is open for the picking for dedicated people with people skills and a passion for what they live doing
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2018-09-10 09:36:54

I have always declined attending such events in general you will get some idiot trying to prove that they have done better than everybody else which to me does not add value and more than half of the success stories are lies
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2539
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-10 10:38:01
Edited: 2018-09-10 10:39:20

Ooooo. My old schoolmates will be shocked. i was the quietest girl in the class. I just kept my head down and got on with things. I was at school with some very influential and well-known people. But hell, I have had a much more interesting, fun-filled life. I actually chat with 1 from my school days. We were both misfits but polar opposites.She always thought I was strong in a very quiet way and I thought there was much more to her than the frivolous persona she portrayed.
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: Seeing how people ended up
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2061
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-09-10 10:47:46
Edited: 2018-09-10 11:00:12

My class mates didn't recognised me at all... I was always the ugly duckling who had zero self esteem... This industry taught me to love myself for who I am... and not how others want me to be...

so I walked in there, my head up high and a smile that could kill... Some were gray, old, huge, wear no make-up and still got the same hair style than 25 years ago... old fasioned and looked like granny's... bawahahaha... (I was in a girls high school)

Of course this granny was on top of her own world... I was staring at their husbands and it made me wonder....... :)))

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.