Navigation
Celia
Celia - A lil tech support
A lil tech support
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 593
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-02-03 21:27:38

This is just some advice for ladies and gents of the purple world.

Phones have been stolen from girls and extortion scams have been running wild. Basic things can be done to prevent this.
This is what I do, and I thought if it could help anyone it's worth the post.

1. Create an email specifically for your phone and esa account.

2. Set contacts to upload every few days, once a week or monthly to above email address (or when connected to wifi,KFC/Spur has free wifi).
Some phones allow you to back up the entire phone to the email. You can go into phone settings, scroll to backup and select the option from there.

3. Clear all call lists and chats once a week. Set a reminder on your phone to help you remember. Mine is at the end of the week after work.

4. Link phone to developer account, Samsung for example let's you block the stolen phone via email the moment it connects to internet. There are set up tutorials on Google for each make.

WhatsApp can also be backed up to an email weekly if needed.(not recommend, no one needs evidence lying around)

So if your phone gets stolen, you can immediately with 1 email, log in and block your stolen phone, download your contacts to a new phone and contact your clients who's chats may still be active.

Even if someone else got your contact list they cant prove much with just a call. I know it seems tedious but it can save lives.

Hope this helps!
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: A lil tech support
Re: A lil tech support
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 713
View Profile
Posted: 2019-02-03 21:50:32

Raj @ Tech support. Thanks for this helpful info. Not sure how to do half of this though. Do you have classes that one can attend?
jotopper
jotopper - Re: A lil tech support
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 246
View Profile
Posted: 2019-02-03 21:52:38

On 2019-02-03 21:50:32 Minime V10.1 said:
Raj @ Tech support. Thanks for this helpful info. Not sure how to do half of this though. Do you have classes that one can attend?

My thoughts exactly
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: A lil tech support
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 714
View Profile
Posted: 2019-02-03 22:00:12

(Reading all that info, and then looking at your pics.....poooff!! All the info out of my head again. Youll have to repeat that probably)
Burfi
Burfi - Re: A lil tech support
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 869
View Profile
Posted: 2019-02-03 22:20:59
Edited: 2019-02-03 22:23:59

On 2019-02-03 21:27:38 Celia said:
This is just some advice for ladies and gents of the purple world.

Phones have been stolen from girls and extortion scams have been running wild. Basic things can be done to prevent this.
This is what I do, and I thought if it could help anyone it's worth the post.

1. Create an email specifically for your phone and esa account.

2. Set contacts to upload every few days, once a week or monthly to above email address (or when connected to wifi,KFC/Spur has free wifi).
Some phones allow you to back up the entire phone to the email. You can go into phone settings, scroll to backup and select the option from there.

3. Clear all call lists and chats once a week. Set a reminder on your phone to help you remember. Mine is at the end of the week after work.

4. Link phone to developer account, Samsung for example let's you block the stolen phone via email the moment it connects to internet. There are set up tutorials on Google for each make.

WhatsApp can also be backed up to an email weekly if needed.(not recommend, no one needs evidence lying around)

So if your phone gets stolen, you can immediately with 1 email, log in and block your stolen phone, download your contacts to a new phone and contact your clients who's chats may still be active.

Even if someone else got your contact list they cant prove much with just a call. I know it seems tedious but it can save lives.

Hope this helps!

Or from a punter's point of view, simply get a cheap and nasty R100 pep stores phone, dont be a dumb fuck and use simple common sense.

And buy 2 or 3 pre-rica'd sims from a dodgy paki or bangladeshi cell phone shop in Fordsburg or Marabastad.
No need to worry on about dumb fuckers and bitches tryin to blackmail your ass.
Celia
Celia - Re: A lil tech support
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 594
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-02-04 06:39:37

Or from a punter's point of view, simply get a cheap and nasty R100 pep stores phone, dont be a dumb fuck and use simple common sense.

And buy 2 or 3 pre-rica'd sims from a dodgy paki or bangladeshi cell phone shop in Fordsburg or Marabastad.
No need to worry on about dumb fuckers and bitches tryin to blackmail your ass.[/QUOTE]

Lol pretty solid advice too
EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: A lil tech support
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 348
View Profile
Posted: 2019-02-04 06:47:37

Or Hidden secure folder. Also help protoct hat needed to be protect
Celia
Celia - Re: A lil tech support
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 595
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-02-04 08:54:59

@evilangel

Another good idea :)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: A lil tech support
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2019-02-04 10:54:59

good advise
Jenna
Jenna - Re: A lil tech support
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 436
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-02-04 10:59:56

Looks and brains... Mmmm. What an awesome combination gents!!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.