Dimash97 - INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 93
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-07 13:34:22
Edited: 2022-01-07 13:48:39

For SPs only:
Just a thoughtful post to create awareness and boost (Active Ad) SPs new year business and to generate interest.

Any and all SPs who were born and/or raised abroad - it'd be cool if you'd share down below to spike interest amongst the members and boost Jan/Feb bookings. This niche is quite popular.
uwillwantme
uwillwantme - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2727
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-07 14:07:11

This is not very relevant, unless you are referring to Europe or Asia or Americas

Because in SA, a lot of people were born and raised in Zambia, Namibia, Swaziland, Dutchland, England etc before independence, and are now SA citizens. So by definition, they will fit 'International Ladies' definition.

My 2c and no offence to anyone
Dimash97
Dimash97 - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 94
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-07 14:43:00

On 2022-01-07 14:07:11 uwillwantme said:
This is not very relevant, unless you are referring to Europe or Asia or Americas

Because in SA, a lot of people were born and raised in Zambia, Namibia, Swaziland, Dutchland, England etc before independence, and are now SA citizens. So by definition, they will fit 'International Ladies' definition.

My 2c and no offence to anyone

That's the whole point ~ we're hoping everyone who wants to will share.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2022-01-07 15:54:34

I'm sure there are a few who were born in Transkei, Bophuthatswana, Ciskei and Qwa Qwa like me (I was actually born in Jhb but my birth certificate said Qwa Qwa because back then that's how it worked for the chocolate folk).

Do we former Bantustanians count?
Kaycee (the Original Milf)
Kaycee (the Original Milf) - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 7296
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-07 15:57:24
Edited: 2022-01-07 15:59:51

I was born in Germany, Mannheim south west Germany to be exact my parents
Immigrated to South Africa 2 months after I was born.
Cape town.....is where we stayed until I was 6 years old,moved to the the Transvaal to PTA

Kooni
Kooni - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3076
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-08 08:07:02

Asking for a Friend.

Where is Dutchland,try to find it on the map, but no luck with that.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6524
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-08 08:38:43
Edited: 2022-01-08 09:25:45

You don't seem to know what wgs actually deal with on a daily basis. A friend back in the day was ridiculed for saying she was British, I saw her Id and birth certificate. She had been in SA since she was 6, so obviously not a hint of an accent. She was dissed no end cos she didn't have an accent. Same with a lady I know for sure was born in China, nobody believed her cos she had a typical SA accent, having grown up here and speaks fluent Afrikaans as well.I am sure Kaycee doesn't have a German accent either. Guys call speaking whatever language a lady claims is her heritage just to catch her out. You end up getting people dissing a lady for saying she is xyz when she is South African for all intents and purposes.I worked with a Bulgarian lady who would never say she was Bulgarian. She always said she was Russian or Hungarian or Polish.
I don't think it makes any difference if a lady has grown up here but was born abroad. Most grew up here and are very much South African and most don't have a clue about their foreign culture. Many cannot relate to their country of birth at all. I actually know more about a friend's cultural history than she did although she left when she was 7.
ziggyjoon
ziggyjoon - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 648
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-08 08:53:43

Well said Bbw Nadia!
Alphatank
Alphatank - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 390
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-08 09:05:31

On 2022-01-08 08:07:02 Kooni said:
Asking for a Friend.

Where is Dutchland,try to find it on the map, but no luck with that.

I believe it's another name for Germany country. I could be wrong tho, i stand to be corrected.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: INTERNATIONAL LADIES - Business Booster
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6525
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-08 09:23:47
Edited: 2022-01-08 09:46:29

I just want to add, I look typically South African imo,yet foreigners have often thought I was from Cuba, Seychelles, Caribbean Islands and when my hair was long and dyed black some even thought I was Indian. People have preconceived ideas of what different nationalities look and sound like and behave like and most times it's very wrong.
Another titbit. A few years ago I went with my bestie to fetch her son p at ORT. He had come from Brazil. He took long to get out cos he was cross questioned by SAPS. Meantime, there wass your typical Brazilian looking hunk looking for whoever was supposed to meet him.. He came up to me and obviously I didn't understand Portuguese or Spanish ( He addressed me in both). Anyway it was a big stuff up and I asked my friend's son to find out if we could help him. Eventually we brought him home with us cos he was stranded. I asked why he approached me and nobody else, and his answer was I was the only one standing around who looked like I was from Brazil. That's what my friend's son said too. He always told his mom how many Nadias he sees on a daily basis. We all know I don't look anything like the Brazilian beauty queens.
Remember when we had those imported Cuban Doctors? There were several at a hospital in Germiston. They thought I was Cuban.
We draw conclusions of nationalities from what we see in the media and it's often not the reality down on the ground.
As wgs we have enough to deal with, we do not still have to be dissed because we don't look or sound like our heritage. Those who want to use their heritage as a selling point already mention it in their ads

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.