Victoria
Victoria - ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3422
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-03 16:25:17

Hi All...

I would like a little input. I would like to know from people with experience and knowledge what, after btc and eth, are the most "reliable" crypto.

Also what's the difference between crypto like btc and eth compared to something like a doge coin.

Please answer as simply as you can using layman's terms lol. Most of you don't think I'm smart enough to understand but if you keep it simple I just might.

Ps: I've done nicely in the crypto world thus far and am looking to diversify. I know, I used a big word there ... lol

TIA
FunTrip
FunTrip - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 219
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-03 17:43:45

Lots of info on Youtube. Basically BTC is the original crypto coin and is the most established. For long term investing you want BTC if you want to speculate then look at dodgecoin ETH etc. Important thing is to own all your crypto in your own wallet.
Victoria
Victoria - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3424
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-12-03 17:53:40

Still need to get a Trezor wallet. Recently discovered blockchain banking. Loving that. I do watch YouTube video but I don't always understand what they talking about. Like the different classes of coin. Hence the question regarding doge coin.

Oh and why does Elon Musks opinion affect crypto so much? Should I be following him and taking notes about what he says?
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-12-03 21:19:09
Edited: 2021-12-03 21:21:32

Crypto is exciting. New phenomenon. Game changer. But like anything it comes with risk.

Bitcoin @ $55 000 USD real potential to go further however expensive to own a fraction. Being the crypto Leader good choice. But risky and volatile.

ETH USD @ $4300 watch out for new version in 2022 - I like ETH more than bitcoin. ETH have potential. On my radar.

Dogecoin - Meme .... So many meme stocks to chase as well.... Risky with high reward... depends how long the "love" will continue.

SHIBA - INU is an exciting one. Definitely on my radar. Better option as early investor.

Question is what one want to achieve and by when? Risk all considered?

Example: Silver is trading at $22 it's cheap and definitely one commodity to look out for especially with EV hipe and supply demand but that might be long way to go. It can make significant moves and it's more affordable.

I just don't see myself pursuing $ 55 000 for BTCN ..... rather pursue many other growth stocks. BTCN almost a million rand? Wow. Well done. I'd rather hold and own gold at $1800 which is 30x less than BTCN.

I am not a crypto expert ... just my 2cents. Indeed potential. But it's a risk reward strategy and there are many other options to consider. Even bet against the market with VIX

Happy days! Enjoy. Exciting times with so many options. :)

Crypto is the way to go. Not paper.
Vrik
Vrik - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1353
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-03 21:32:20
Edited: 2021-12-03 21:34:12

I like buying stuff that generates income. As income rises, so will the capital value. Thats why i buy property which pays rent, or stocks that pay dividends.
For that exact reason i dont speculate with gold. Or platinum. And why i would not touch crypto. Sure, crypto prices have risen sharply. But thats been based on finding a bigger fool to buy from you at a higher price, as it has no intrinsic value, nor does it generate any income.

If you think you will be able to sell your crypto to a bigger fool than yourself, go for it!
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-12-03 21:36:48
Edited: 2021-12-03 21:38:16

On 2021-12-03 21:32:20 Vrik said:
I like buying stuff that generates income. As income rises, so will the capital value. Thats why i buy property which pays rent, or stocks that pays dividends.
For that exact reason i dont speculate with gold. Or platinum. And why i would not touch crypto. Sure, crypto prices have risen sharply. But thats been based on finding a bigger fool to buy from you at a higher price, as it has no intrinsic value, nor dies it any income.

If you think you will be able to sell your crypto to a bigger fool than yourself, go for it!

Agree.

So many options that's the problem. What to do. How fast you want return? Can you endure spikes and dips and hang in there? The best is to get in while it's not a hype yet. Whether property, crypto, stocks, bonds, commodities.... Finding value for your own vision.

I am not a crypto fan. But if I had to make a shot it would be ETH or SHIBA. Being new on the block and missed BTCN at lows....

Otherwise I stick with what I know.

you53
you53 - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 569
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-04 01:28:43

I see myself as uneducated when it gets to crypto but some time ago I came across an App to use on the stock exchange. As a rookie I took some small change and bought some crypto. This specific share has various underlying investments like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Binance. To date there has been quite significant growth BUT it could just as well have been the opposite. Be aware of high risk investments!
loverofpunt
loverofpunt - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 432
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-04 04:05:04

I bought ETH for R250 in January 2018.at that time 1 full ETH was about R2100. The plan was to buy for R250 every month for a year at least.

Within a week my R250 bought ETH worth R128. Cash was tight so I stopped the plan to buy monthly, stopped checking up on it and eventually my phone with the app got broken.

Fast forward to January 2020 when I downloaded the app again, lo and behold my ETH is about R1400. From initial R250 invested.

If only I had the patience and the balls to withstand vitality. One ETH is that worth more than R70 000.

Some cryptos reach a high then drop down by 80 percent and stay there for years.
My strategy as of this year has been buy for R1000 if I can spare it that month. So far I have about R7000 spread across different cryptos.

Goal is to get to 1000 XRP and I can hold them forever or until the price of 1 XRP reaches at least R600. Currently one is about R15. Who it would need to multiply by 40 and my 15 thousand rands would turn into over half a million.

The smaller coins I chuck in a R100 like am playing lotto and leave it there. Doge coin or Shiba inu at some point turned $100 into millions of dollars. You just never know which coin will be the next doge or Shiba...

So only buy with money that won't make you cry should you lose it.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-12-04 08:39:06

$$$$$$$$$$ CryptoCock $$$$$$$$$$

Tristanza
Tristanza - Re: ALL THINGS CRYPTO ...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-04 08:48:08

A nice way to diversify your portfolio is through DCX10, now known as easycrypto. Gives you exposure to the 10 biggest cryptocurrencies by market cap and your portfolio gets rebalanced for you at no cost as that changes. Some very clever South Africans behind it too.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.