Navigation
Grace
Grace - Lets be honest...
Lets be honest...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 708
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 11:12:49

Esa would be so much better if we cud choose our own songs for videos.

I actually wanted to do a video, was even willing to pay double the amount... But bcoz i cant choose my own song, i think its a hard pass! :(
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Lets be honest...
Re: Lets be honest...
Less than 10 posts
Posted: 2021-06-01 12:20:16

I could be wrong but.....

All songs that you hear on the radio have licences attached to them, if you want to use that song in a business/advertising environment you have to pay the licence fee to use that song. That would mean ESA will be liable for the payment of the licence as well. Violation of the licensing results in huge fines and unnecessary legal drama.

You can always contact the artist and get permission to use their song for your video, but it is highly unlikely that they would give you permission to use it for free.

ESA may have a catalogue of licence free/licenced songs that they use so you don't have to pay which is why your song choice may be limited.
Grace
Grace - Re: Lets be honest...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 714
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 13:04:23

Oh okay, I just thought if u mention the artist's name and song u wudnt get into trouble... And if wat u saying is true then that means that every video on youtube that uses a song from an artist they have to get their permission???

Kim Foxx @ Red Lotus
Kim Foxx @ Red Lotus - Re: Lets be honest...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2282
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 13:12:08

There are tons of fantastic non copyrighted songs out there. Im sure you will find one that you like and ESA can use
Grace
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 716
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 13:17:46
Edited: 2021-06-01 13:20:09

On 2021-06-01 13:12:08 Kim Foxx @ Red Lotus said:
There are tons of fantastic non copyrighted songs out there. Im sure you will find one that you like and ESA can use

I hear wat u saying, u are right... But to me its like if im gonna be making a video, then the song has to be something that i atleast like... I really thought if u acknowledge the artist then its fine... But maybe im just ignorant,idk
Grace
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 718
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 13:46:24

If it was possible there wud be sexy ladies dancing to "Sista Betina"... It wud be lit :)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Lets be honest...
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2021-06-01 14:37:31

What ochichi says is correct Grace. People use songs in their videos without permission but they can be sued for it as you are not allowed to as protected by law
MSfun
MSfun - Re: Lets be honest...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 207
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-01 14:46:40
Edited: 2021-06-01 14:48:51

On 2021-06-01 13:04:23 Grace said:
Oh okay, I just thought if u mention the artist's name and song u wudnt get into trouble... And if wat u saying is true then that means that every video on youtube that uses a song from an artist they have to get their permission???

Yes, If you have a Youtube account with content that earns money from advertising (with those 5 second adverts at the beginning) then you don't earn from those adverts if there is a song from another artist in the video. Youtube automatically detects this and flags the video so that no commission is paid to you.

So some people do use songs, but it becomes a legal problem if you are somehow making money from the advert (which would be the case in your video as well).
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Lets be honest...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1088
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-01 14:51:02

Unless you sang the song yourself, with your own band, and changed up the wording so that its not a copyright infringement, that should be ok
Grace
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 720
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-01 15:46:21

Thanks for schooling me guys... I guess i cant have my cake and eat it wen it comes to this :(... Oh well, i'll just stick to doing pics then... already have an idea for my next shoot... i have too many ideas to last me the whole year... but little money to execute.lol

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.