Navigation
Gretchen
Gretchen - Where does the money go?
Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 275
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-26 14:20:40

A couple of years back I was working as a Receptionist at a Time Share Resort. My basic salary was R5000 (after tax) plus we got overtime and commission. Which would work out R6500 Plus a month. Accommodation was included. With that little money I was able to live rather nicely. We had a weekly Friday night jol at the GM house, everybody chipped in for drinks and food. Every second weekend I'd go to the nearest city to visit BFF and we had a fat party. Every payday I would still have money in my account..... Ok, granted back then I didn't have a car or a cat (My two major expenses).
Today, I think how would one survive on that money? Everything is just SO expensive. Fuel alone is abt R2500++ a month and now I'm being conservative. I dont buy drugs or alcohol.
SO, where does the money go???? Just seems like there is never any extra and if there is a bit over then it's spent on my car.
Definately feeling the rapidly increasing inflation. Who else feels this way?
Shakira
Shakira - Re: Where does the money go?
Re: Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 248
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-26 14:47:17

Lol if you really want to know the truth..there is no blessing in dirty money.
I'll probably get a lot of flack but its the truth, sex money, gambling money anything else in that dirty money trade there's no worth no blessings. Your money will run like water.

A legit hard earn money there's blessing in it. I experience the same.
ASASH
ASASH - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 122
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:00:36

For me the money goes on this hobby... this one here, right here, don't look to far.... its this purple site
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: Where does the money go?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 953
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:02:53

Going to disagree, i lived better as a commis chef than I did as an executive chef

My theory, the older you get the more your financial responsibilities become the further you have to spread your salary, cars, household bills, school fees etc...

Plus your tastes get more expensive, food, drinks, clothes, holidays

Hence why its doesn't seem to stretch as far

That and we always look back with roes tinted spectacles

Jake
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Where does the money go?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:17:04
Edited: 2021-05-26 15:23:52

On 2021-05-26 14:20:40 Gretchen said:
A couple of years back I was working as a Receptionist at a Time Share Resort. My basic salary was R5000 (after tax) plus we got overtime and commission. Which would work out R6500 Plus a month. Accommodation was included. With that little money I was able to live rather nicely. We had a weekly Friday night jol at the GM house, everybody chipped in for drinks and food. Every second weekend I'd go to the nearest city to visit BFF and we had a fat party. Every payday I would still have money in my account..... Ok, granted back then I didn't have a car or a cat (My two major expenses).
Today, I think how would one survive on that money? Everything is just SO expensive. Fuel alone is abt R2500++ a month and now I'm being conservative. I dont buy drugs or alcohol.
SO, where does the money go???? Just seems like there is never any extra and if there is a bit over then it's spent on my car.
Definately feeling the rapidly increasing inflation. Who else feels this way?

It doesn't go anywhere. It was never there to begin with.

Money is not real, its a fabrication like everything else in this world. Chase after money and you will never catch it.

Walk away from money and it will chase you.
Samira
Samira - Re: Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 45
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:21:55

@Shakira I agree with u on that one
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:29:39

On 2021-05-26 15:02:53 Jakeburns78 said:
Going to disagree, i lived better as a commis chef than I did as an executive chef

My theory, the older you get the more your financial responsibilities become the further you have to spread your salary, cars, household bills, school fees etc...

Plus your tastes get more expensive, food, drinks, clothes, holidays

Hence why its doesn't seem to stretch as far

That and we always look back with roes tinted spectacles

Jake

Jake is right. Our responsibilities change over time.

Kids, family, pets etc are not things we spent on in our younger years with far less money.

I'm too of that, we didn't spend in grudge purchases like insurance and medical aid etc because we most likely couldn't but there things are important and expensive when we're older.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:30:33

On 2021-05-26 14:47:17 Shakira said:
I'll probably get a lot of flack but its the truth, sex money, gambling money anything else in that dirty money trade there's no worth no blessings. Your money will run like water.

Well in that case, I'm willing to work hard on you and take your money. Double win :D
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6725
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:34:35
Edited: 2021-05-26 15:35:48

The concept of "halaal" does not only refer to food.
It also refers to money gotten via honest means. Money earned via an honest livelihood is "halaal money".
Money earned selling drugs is not halaal money.
And you will be always out of luck with money which is not halaal. No blessings.

BTW Raspberry coulis is perfectly halaal.
Liza
Liza - Re: Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2262
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-26 15:46:56

On 2021-05-26 14:47:17 Shakira said:

Unfortunately I can't agree with your statement. Very harsh thou. We might do a unethical job, but MOST do it for ethical reasons. I still play lotto EVERY WEEK in hope to win enough to buy this home I'm living in as it's my only option to work from. I also financially support my parents. Times are tough and I bet if any of us could have it any other way, we would not be here. Not because we don't want to, but because we don't need to. So the money I work for (sorry to say ) isn't dirty money. I put my ALL in every treatment. I work for my money. It's society that crusify us for what we do. Society on its own can also be a cult. As they force "ethical" principles on other people. For what is ethical to one person isn't necessary to another. If you can say a thank you prayer at night, and you can actually "live" with your conscious, and don't have sleepless nights, then it's all that matters.

My 2c.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.