Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Last year this time
Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5510
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 08:19:48
Edited: 2021-05-21 08:39:11

I was menu planning stretching every last cent, eating mainly home-cooked meals. Most of them vegetarian and the meat I had was from a fellow tenant's freezer. He died and his son gave me all the food. Some of it hd to be chucked but beside black pudding I could use the all meat. I was scared to use it cos I had to make it stretch, just in case. We didnt know what would happen
O
Family who used to send scripture every morning had blocked me when I asked for help. Friends would have braais and wouldnt bother to ask if I had eaten when they knew my predicament. I got the food parcel from Yv and boy was that a blessing. I vowed not a morsel would be wasted. My bestie one told me to Eet die donnerse kos. Die mense het gegee sodat jy kan eet. Plus many guys sent money.
And here I am today, stronger and wiser, kinder too. A better cook too. I found a pic I sent to my brother of what I cooked 21/5/20...
Lentil curry and thats what I will cook today. I will eat today's meal with much respect and gratitide
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Last year this time
Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4179
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 08:43:15

;) you where not the only one.. and look where we are now;) I have learned to be a lot less wasteful and alot more conscious about my spending habits.

Never been a big fan of takeout but lockdown and all those restrictions and lack of "spending" money made me appreciate my own cooking skills a lot more;).

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Last year this time
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-05-21 08:49:20

I had a job
Liza
Liza - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2228
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 09:21:54

On 2021-05-21 08:19:48 Bbw Nadia said:
I was menu planning stretching every last cent, eating mainly home-cooked meals. Most of them vegetarian and the meat I had was from a fellow tenant's freezer. He died and his son gave me all the food. Some of it hd to be chucked but beside black pudding I could use the all meat. I was scared to use it cos I had to make it stretch, just in case. We didnt know what would happen
O
Family who used to send scripture every morning had blocked me when I asked for help. Friends would have braais and wouldnt bother to ask if I had eaten when they knew my predicament. I got the food parcel from Yv and boy was that a blessing. I vowed not a morsel would be wasted. My bestie one told me to Eet die donnerse kos. Die mense het gegee sodat jy kan eet. Plus many guys sent money.
And here I am today, stronger and wiser, kinder too. A better cook too. I found a pic I sent to my brother of what I cooked 21/5/20...
Lentil curry and thats what I will cook today. I will eat today's meal with much respect and gratitide

Respect! It's all I can say!
Grace
Grace - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 611
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 09:26:38

On 2021-05-21 09:21:54 Liza said:

Respect! It's all I can say!

I 2nd that!
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5511
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 09:36:11

I still owe 2 guys for bookings paid in advance.Unfortunately O gave away my old phone and did a factory reset and forgot to save their numbers. Someone asked if I had an old phone cos he needed it for work. The phone was usable with a headset. So I didnt think twice and just reset tje phone. This family were prepared to help me with food during lockdown but I had already received enough and they had less than me. You see now. Relatives had enough and to spare and these poor people wanted to share their little with me.
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Last year this time
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 11300
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-21 09:36:32

Last year this time .. no punting, just wanking :)))
Victoria
Victoria - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3022
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 09:56:36

This time last year I had my own apartment and my pantry and fridge was full. 3 months later it was the total opposite. Those ladies who got assistance are very very lucky. There are a lot of us who got absolutely no help at all, me included. I basically lost the roof over my head. Couldn't even sell my furnishings as no one was buying. But I am Grateful for what I have and to still be Standing and to still have the opportunity to earn. Those who have proper work do not realise how fortunate they are. There are a few people here who actually enjoyed and wanted some of us ladies to suffer.
Grace
Grace - Re: Last year this time
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 616
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:09:46

On 2021-05-21 09:36:11 Bbw Nadia said:
Relatives had enough and to spare and these poor people wanted to share their little with me.

Sometimes some family members u have to love them from afar :(
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Last year this time
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2021-05-21 10:11:22

On 2021-05-21 08:19:48 Bbw Nadia said:
O

Such a positive message of gratitude amongst all the negativity.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.