Navigation
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 5166
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 14:49:01

With the Boks victory over the mighty All Blacks .. I think it is time for celebrations !!!

Think the way they played with pride is something that all South Africans can be proud of. This victory was long overdue and a week of celebrations is nessesary !!!

I challenge mg's, wg's and venue owners to think outside the box this weekend and use the opportunity for some marketing for next week !!!

The punters are in a good mood !!!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-09-15 15:57:46

What a game it was!
I aged 10 years during the last 20 mins!
Sad thing is, i think lots of people did not watch as they had written off the Boks!

Well done
#PROUD OF THE BOKS!
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6042
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 15:58:58

There should be an after party
Ladylover007
Ladylover007 - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 137
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 16:02:44

Check out the stats!

m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/15-staggering-stats-from-the-boks-heroic-all-blacks-win-20180915

Shows you a game can be won by determination on defence and by using your opportunities!

Agreed on the celebration and after

kobusv
kobusv - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 36
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 16:19:05

Personally, as an Afrikaner, I fail to comprehend this misplaced euphoria.

Seeing a sporting team as an extension of ones self or identity, something to take pride in when on the win, to drown ones sorrows in a cold castle lager when on the lose, is a pile of primitive horseshit.

Why not take pride in the amount of engineering, science, medical expertise in the country, it's human capital, it's phenomenal economic growth rate, its strong currency, its low unemployment and crime rate?

My bad! .. None of the above exists, and a LOT of people are leaving...!

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-09-15 16:22:18

@kobusv: Sometimes you need to appreciate the little things. We will deal with the problems on Monday.

Btw, every place (country) has it shit. Different shit, but shit they have...
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 5169
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 16:32:42

On 2018-09-15 16:19:05 kobusv said:

Seeing a sporting team as an extension of ones self or identity, something to take pride in when on the win, to drown ones sorrows in a cold castle lager when on the lose, is a pile of primitive horseshit.

Why not take pride in the amount of engineering, science, medical expertise in the country, it's human capital, it's phenomenal economic growth rate, its strong currency, its low unemployment and crime rate?

WTF ... always one asshole that will turn something great into something negative !!!
in69
in69 - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1391
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 16:56:44

On 2018-09-15 16:32:42 BOOBS53 said:
On 2018-09-15 16:19:05 kobusv said: Personally, as an Afrikaner, I fail to comprehend this misplaced euphoria.

WTF ... always one asshole that will turn something great into something negative !!!

rather drown in more larger and be thankful to be alive..
jjsoap
jjsoap - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1371
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 18:06:28

So true most of our top players leave, to play in France, and the UK, to earn top dollars.

The win today, are for sure something to celebrate. Only happens about once every 10 years or so.

Dstvoke
Dstvoke - Re: BOKS VICTORY CELEBRATION
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 109
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 18:36:17

hi sir, you have been well shielded.
We can take pride in all avenues in life. sport is one of them.
we can also take pride that the South Africans who are doctors, engineers etc are doing well in another country, that leaves jobs that can be fulfilled by a new batch of South Africans that graduated.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.