Navigation
ExecPlayer
ExecPlayer - Employment Issues In RSA
Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 42
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-22 19:11:57

Is it just me or is unemployment in SA becoming a serious problem? I see people who are skilled and qualified enough to hold good positions yet they have no jobs. This is becoming a very serious problem.
ocali
ocali - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 67
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-23 01:38:30

a serious problem indeed. it is rather unfortunate that we have had to start looking for jobs outside RSA
ExecPlayer
ExecPlayer - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 44
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-23 20:29:28

I'm actually thinking about moving to JHB first. Or maybe I should just go overseas.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2152
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-24 23:10:55

It's a very serious issue.

It amuses me to see the haughty, arrogant expressions on people's faces on their way to work.

And I have empathy with the pathetic wretches standing with their placards at the intersections.
ocali
ocali - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 73
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-25 00:38:16

Eish moving to JHB is ruff dude, Esp coming from Durbs?
sacrifices have to be made to be honest. As much i hate jhb , i would gladly take that over my current situation. , But like BenLayden mentioned, we need to be more grateful for what we got, and have the ambition to move further. Its sad to see how some people carry on.

I work outside SA, in a country that had been ridden with civil war and, as such is still heavily suffering from poverty and illiteracy and all sorts... it sort of puts your own issues into perspective and makes u appreciate what you have even more.
Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2154
View Profile
Posted: 2014-02-25 08:19:10

What people don't realize is that there is a very short distance betwixt your car allowance and the gutter.
Steelcocktale
Steelcocktale - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 126
View Profile
Posted: 2014-04-19 16:22:55

We only have employment issues in south africa. Go to a place like botswana, check out the 4x4 parked outside the main hotel at night, you will find frikkie and koos from middleburg and delmas working at engineering construction sites earning 1000usd a day coming back after six weeks having three weeks holidays and going back to botswana to work. That country is being built from skilled engineering staff from south africa and you know what? thats exactly what the botswana goverment wants because it recognises what is needed to build a great country. I know at least three people working in botswana at present like this.
Ben Layden
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2241
View Profile
Posted: 2014-04-20 08:56:02

We have the worst of it in South Africa.
Our labour market is distorted by all kinds of stupid "transformation" crap.
Education and training is the way to empower yourself all ye PREVIOUSLY DISADVANTAGED !!!!

Not by giving you preferential treatment BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK!

The absurdity of giving preferential treatment to the children of multimillionaire BEE parasites is beyond me.

bushbuck
bushbuck - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 134
View Profile
Posted: 2014-04-20 12:29:57

What about the millions of foreign nationals here? Anyways there are options,one being you can work in the USA on a agricltural visa which is easy to get.You need to take out a ec licence (class a cdl),The us has a shortage of these drivers as anyone caught on drugs or alcohol is barred for life from getting another.South Africans have a good work ethic amongst us farmers.It's a blast actually,the harvest season last 9 months and you learn to drive combine harvesters,silage cutters,grain carts behind tractors etc.Your airfare is paid by then,they provide accm in motels as you travel the country and they pay your meals.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Employment Issues In RSA
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2014-04-20 22:59:42

Are u guys aware that SA has for the first time in a very long period fallen to second spot behind Nigeria in the economic leadership stakes in Africa. As predicted by most non politically associated economists, SA is fast becoming a welfare state, steeped in cronyism and political patronage. To all the 'presently disadvantaged', I can only advise that you venture out into the world to seek your fortune because no job in SA is going to miraculously have your name on it unless you fulfil the bullshit government quota requirements. The majority of skilled Saffa's are based in most countries around the world adding value to those countries which would otherwise have benefitted SA. But of course politics and our vastly intelligent government is steering us to nowhere vey fast!!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.