jody - Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 269
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:02:44
Edited: 2010-09-20 12:32:04

Hey guys

I know this is not a suitable place to advertise this but i need your help....

I would like to find a relaible & trustworthy cardealer who will assist me in purchasing a vehicle...now we all know that i do not have payslips as i am selfemployed & that has been a bit of a headache for me...

I am not looking for anything fancy or top of the range,just something reliable...can anybody help or recommend if they know of such cardealerships..it would be much appreciated.Pls mail me at [email protected]

Jody
http://>www.esa.co.za/members/displayAdvertiser.php?uid=5427>
Mr Casual
Mr Casual - Re: Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Re: Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 99
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:11:49

Yep .... the downfall of not paying taxes ...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:20:28

Jody

Dont you put your money away in your bank account ever month?

jody
jody - Re: Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 270
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:21:13

Mr Casual

i'll have you know that i do pay tax..i just don't have a payslip but can provide bank statements...furthermore i did not ask for snotty comments!!!

pls only post if you have something valuable to add...thank you!
jody
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 271
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:23:07

nb2010...

The 2 cardealerships i've approached wants payslips...hence my thread for help.I'm not from johannesburg so i don't know where to start looking...
Mr Casual
Mr Casual - Re: Seeking a relaible & trustworthy cardealer
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 100
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:24:41

if you pay tax, you get an IRP 5. If you get an IRP 5, then you must have a pay-slip.

If you dont have a pay slip and do pay tax, then the company you are paying tax on must have income statement or if it is your first year of trading then any book-keeper can have your management account draw. This would be doing the trick for any bank.
jody
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 272
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:26:08

Also babe,i only put a portion of my money into my savings...the rest i invest..
jody
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 273
View Profile
Posted: 2010-09-20 12:31:04

Thank you Mr Casual for your valuable input...i have only been running my company for a few months,but i appreciate the information you have provided.
[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2010-09-20 13:22:37

Cant u make your own pay slips

Ie. Jody trading as jody massage, u trading as a sole trader?

[deleted]
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2010-09-20 13:22:44

Dear Mr Casual,

An IRP5 is the form issued to show the accumulated Pay-As-You-Earn tax you have been paying for the last tax year. This is only one form of tax. Every employer is obliged, by the Tax Law, to deduct this PAYE from every employee.

Our Ms Jody is not an employee. She is self-employed. Thus, in congruence with the definition for an employee in the Tax Law, she is not an employee as defined.

Our Ms Jody will pay her tax without an IRP5. In general, IRP5's are issued to people who work for a salary.

In the said situation, our Ms Jody will e registered as a provisional tax payer, if she meets the requirements. In this case, an IRP6 will deal with her tax.

In the case of any income besides a salary, if and not necessarily, an IT3 will be issued. This will apply to interst and investment income, lump sums etc.

The Income Tax Form, scrutinize it next time you have tours filled in, has ample ways of dealing with "Other Income"

However way our Ms Jody has her tax affairs planned and structured, proof of paying tax will in no wise be of any help in the application for finance.

Mr Casual, your knowledge of, insight into and understanding of general taxation and finace is lacking, kindly said.

Please refrain from making hurting statements.

First get your ducks in a row, and then keep them swimming in your own dam. (If there is water in).

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.