Navigation
JACKRIBET
JACKRIBET - Drinking
Drinking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2356
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 04:46:32

Smoking, drinking and women is part of the lifestyle of most of the punters. I managed to stop the first one 5 years ago.

I really would like to stop the second one but I find it quite difficult since I have a home office and being self employed, I get bored in the evening. Just bought a subscription on showmaxx to avoid me going to the pub.

Any advice from people from the purple world most welcome.
JelebiVreeter
JelebiVreeter - Re: Drinking
Re: Drinking
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 247
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:11:54

I dont drink or smoke, my only addiction is punani.

I'd recommend that when get the urge to drink, rather go punt. You spend the same amount of money anyways
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Drinking
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:25:37
Edited: 2019-08-30 07:03:39

9 years sober over here. Most people who are trying to quit ask me how I did it, but I can never give advice because it's still puzzling how I managed to stop. I just did so cold turkey and never looked back.

I never drank because I was bored or touched alcohol when I was alone. I also learnt that one can still have fun without alcohol, the only annoyance are the drinkers who try to convince you to throw in the towel, especially during business lunches or dinners.

Edit: Rather find something more interesting (a DIY hobby maybe?) to do because TV gets boring very quickly. Also, stay away from snacking too much whilst watching TV.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Drinking
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:45:24

Congratulations on quitting the first one. That's a tough one to beat.

I'm trying to quit everything on that list. The smoking is done and I'm also looking at dropping drinking.

I did it once but was thrown back into it because of the aforementioned drinkers who try to pull you back in.

I filled my life with lots of exercise at the time; cycling and gym but the testosterone boost fed into the third one quite heavily.

I'm going to drop alcohol again soon.

I will keep alcohol out of the house firstly. I'm also taking up some new hobbies to keep busy.

One thing to be careful of are the withdrawal symptoms you will experience.

Depending on how much you've been drinking, the withdrawal symptoms can be life threatening.
EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: Drinking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1013
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:49:04

Never smoke in my life and never will. Luckly drinking is not my bos so only drink with parties. Most of the time about 6 to 8 beers. When Im alone at home I rather drink coldrink and if I whatching sport will drink 2 or 3 drinks.
Punting dont think I will ever stop. But who knowd
Dante78
Dante78 - Re: Drinking
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 189
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:58:07

On 2019-08-30 04:46:32 JACKRIBET said:
Smoking, drinking and women is part of the lifestyle of most of the punters. I managed to stop the first one 5 years ago.

I really would like to stop the second one but I find it quite difficult since I have a home office and being self employed, I get bored in the evening. Just bought a subscription on showmaxx to avoid me going to the pub.

Any advice from people from the purple world most welcome.

I also quit smoking many years ago and noticed health benefits. Was not easy. I'm not addicted to the 2nd, but definitely to the 3rd.
Only advice I can give is try not to get bored as you will always look to the bottle. Keep yourself busy. Find a hobby. Get hooked on a TV series. Or whatever it takes to get your mind of alcohol.
Good luck
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Drinking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3614
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-30 06:59:19
Edited: 2019-08-30 07:04:21

I went from being an everyday drunk to a social drinker.... and right now I have eliminated most of the social drinking friends on a weekend. If I meet them we meet for breakfast or brunch. I found the change in my social life to be the hardest. Most friends have pushed me out of their circle cos I don't drink like them. I realise now how ugly a person I was when drinking.
Start some healthy hobbies. Get professional help and group support if you need it. If I had to do it all over thats the route I would go.
Arhwen
Arhwen - Re: Drinking
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8656
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-30 08:00:31

I dont drink or smoke not even a joint anymore.

Slowly trying to be a good girl lol. Guess what I am wining but will only be a really good girl once I don't do a bad boy treatment any more lol but that's not happening anytime soon ;)
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Drinking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 8138
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 08:02:15

Doing all 3 moderate currently ;)
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Drinking
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 4139
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-30 08:09:47

On 2019-08-30 06:25:37 RealRod said:
...9 years sober over here. Most people who are trying to quit ask me how I did it, but I can never give advice because it's still puzzling how I managed to stop. I just did so cold turkey and never looked back....

Same here(6yrs)...cold turkey and never looked back.
My mates were not so happy...most of them because the bottles stopped flowing their way.
I have a little box at the office.I continue putting that booze money there...it just adds to my punting cash flow.

Smoking has increased a bit...maybe I should try a different lube!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.