Navigation
tooSweet
tooSweet - Lazer treatment - for men
Lazer treatment - for men
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 52
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-20 09:44:51

I'm thinking of removing the hair on my back (I'm not that hairy though lol) by lazer treatments. What's your thoughts?

Any gents had it done? Any suggestions?

Any lady offer these services professionally in the Jo'burg north area?

Pms welcome.
Courtney
Courtney - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 488
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-20 09:49:44

I've looked into it as well just because I'd love to not have to shave my legs twice a day lol.

Sadly, what I was told is that I don't have thick enough hair as well as that I don't have dark enough hair to really make it effective.

Since you say you're not very hairy you may end up spending alot of money and substantial time (at least 10 sessions) and may see very little improvement, so I would suggest researching it and speaking to a few different professionals before going for it. Maybe they have found a way to make it work by now, who knows. If so please let me know lol

Xxx
tooSweet
tooSweet - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 53
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-20 10:07:00

On 2021-11-20 09:49:44 Courtney said:
I've looked into it as well just because I'd love to not have to shave my legs twice a day lol.

Sadly, what I was told is that I don't have thick enough hair as well as that I don't have dark enough hair to really make it effective.

Since you say you're not very hairy you may end up spending alot of money and substantial time (at least 10 sessions) and may see very little improvement, so I would suggest researching it and speaking to a few different professionals before going for it. Maybe they have found a way to make it work by now, who knows. If so please let me know lol

Xxx

Thanks Courtney, your input is really appreciated.

Yes, I understand I need to research this before I dive into it.

Others are welcome to share their experiences.
Ashleigh
Ashleigh - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 579
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-20 10:10:24
Edited: 2021-11-20 10:12:15

[QUOTE;3303240;Courtney]

I've been told the opposite.

Dark hair is thicker and people with dark hair tend to have more hair, requiring more sessions.

Lighter hair responds quicker to laser because it's not as thick.

Men naturally have thicker hair and a lot more than ladies do. Best to see a therapist who can give you the right advice for you.
Ashleigh
Ashleigh - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 580
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-20 10:16:47

tooSweet
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 54
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-20 11:28:35

[QUOTE;3303325;Ashleigh] primasmedispa.com/uncategorized/how-does-hair-colour-affect-laser-hair-removal/

Thanks Ashleigh for this very informative article.
qree
qree - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-21 15:14:26

Yeah I've been for sessions. it's not a once-off deal, although it'll depend how wooly you are. each visit takes maybe 10-15% of hairs out, so it can take quite a number of treatments. be aware it can be quite painful, like on the level of tattoos or worse. as noted your hair colour matters, works best on dark hair.
tooSweet
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 55
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-22 08:39:23

Thanks qree, your input is valued
tooSweet
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 56
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-22 08:48:21

To all the gentlemen who've sent PM's thanks, it's really appreciated.

Anyone else willing to share their experiences are welcome.

Still looking for ladies offering this service in the Jo'burg area. Any recommendations?
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Lazer treatment - for men
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2559
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-22 08:52:47
Edited: 2021-11-22 08:53:23

On 2021-11-21 15:14:26 qree said:
Yeah I've been for sessions. it's not a once-off deal, although it'll depend how wooly you are. each visit takes maybe 10-15% of hairs out, so it can take quite a number of treatments. be aware it can be quite painful, like on the level of tattoos or worse. as noted your hair colour matters, works best on dark hair.

What he says is the same from my experience.

The thing with hair is you leave it as is. The moment you shave once, it grows back thicker and more. If it's a bush, then look at the Phillips one blade. Works like a charm even down there. But that is going to require regular maintenance.

Laser will help remove a lot, but not guaranteed everything. It's a less painful procedure than waxing though.

There is also the option of hair removal creams if your skin is not sensitive

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.