Navigation
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: What is the average that a wg earns per month?
Re: What is the average that a wg earns per month?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2187
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 07:11:41

On 2021-11-06 07:05:29 Johnny English said:
I think when most WG's read the figures bring bandied around, they cringe. Ranging from 100k a month to 100k a week tax free?
In today's times, if i had to speculate, it's highly unlikely that most WGs earn close to 100k a month. At best , 3 clients a day at 1k a pop x 22 days a month, that equates to 66k a month.
And those are the "lucky" ones.

I can believe that. I can also believe that if she does not budget well, she is always broke at the end of every month too. The thought is always short term, and no thought is put into saving.

Most contract workers have a similar situation, no stable income so no bonds approved. Yet they budget and save for the times they are between jobs, as we used to say when I worked in TV land
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: What is the average that a wg earns per month?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2311
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-06 07:43:59

Like any trade or profession held...if u ain't good in budgeting, understanding the value of money, what it can do for u in the long run and are a spendthrift, it does not matter how big or small your pay check may be.

The lack of education when it comes to the power of money and the freedom of choice and growth that comes with it is a "pandemic" in this country.

Saving is a strange phenomena as are investments and making ones Rand go as far as possible.
BUT...much easier done before ...global economy ain't no more what it was.

As to paying taxes...many don't and many do...especially if u are registered then u would...GRIN.x
peterb
peterb - Re: What is the average that a wg earns per month?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 555
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:10:00

RB it also works on a "easy come, easy go" basis

Of the companies that I own, one is purely cash based, and that one is the hardest to keep track of because there is always cash available

So if a WG has a wallet full of cash and going to the mall - Its simple, rent going to be late
AnthonyEdwards
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2189
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:10:56

On 2021-11-06 07:43:59 Russian Bridgitte said:
Like any trade or profession held...if u ain't good in budgeting, understanding the value of money, what it can do for u in the long run and are a spendthrift, it does not matter how big or small your pay check may be.

The lack of education when it comes to the power of money and the freedom of choice and growth that comes with it is a "pandemic" in this country.

Saving is a strange phenomena as are investments and making ones Rand go as far as possible.
BUT...much easier done before ...global economy ain't no more what it was.

As to paying taxes...many don't and many do...especially if u are registered then u would...GRIN.x

100%. My argument is that our education system and schools don't really teach the children how to budget, how to manage your money properly. When they reach working age, everything is wasted on partying.

As a result when you grow up and want to invest or learn budgeting, half the seminars and courses are money making schemes themselves
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2313
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:22:01

We need to thank the government for "pussy footing" around the youth and keeping them "uneducated" in oh! so many worldly and competitive ways...the future of this Country...the future leaders...and the agenda being?

One cannot irk the voters...a most vile evil intention bestowed on ones own. I heard there was this struggle for equality and democracy where many paid with their lives...was there?
Russian Bridgitte
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2314
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:25:36

On 2021-11-06 08:10:00 peterb said:
RB it also works on a "easy come, easy go" basis

Of the companies that I own, one is purely cash based, and that one is the hardest to keep track of because there is always cash available

So if a WG has a wallet full of cash and going to the mall - Its simple, rent going to be late

to some maybe...when u money savy and life has never been too easy ...one learns to be frugal with ones cash.

Once bitten, twice shy...learnt that when i was a youngling and survived on little and mama and tata made no effort to make it easier on me.
peterb
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 556
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:25:58

Yip, I am 53 and lessons I learned were hard ones but good ones

If schools taught the kids the basics in life - there would be very little poverty

My domestic worker and Gardener's life changed when I told them to open a bank account and I will transfer money

No more 15th of the month, please can I have a loan
AnthonyEdwards
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2191
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:30:00
Edited: 2021-11-06 08:32:42

On 2021-11-06 08:25:58 peterb said:
Yip, I am 53 and lessons I learned were hard ones but good ones

If schools taught the kids the basics in life - there would be very little poverty

My domestic worker and Gardener's life changed when I told them to open a bank account and I will transfer money

No more 15th of the month, please can I have a loan

@peterb, do you remember the days when money was tied to the gold standard and not generated by Central banks.

Those days you would put money into the bank and earn interest which was a good incentive to save.

Interesting watch if you interested
https://youtu.be/mQUhJTxK5mA
peterb
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 557
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 08:35:18

Yip, but the difference now is that they have to withdraw money - not impulsive buying

I have multiple properties and my one guy (who is a house boy) meaning that he looks after the property and house wears more expensive shoes than I do
Tacotom
Tacotom - Re: What is the average that a wg earns per month?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 87
View Profile
Posted: 2021-11-06 09:07:21

On 2021-07-08 09:13:40 Lady London said:
On 2021-07-08 09:12:10 SuperFuck said: Most of the SP's in Sandton drive Lamborghinis. I often spot them at robots and I have even diced a few and won a number of free session.

Lmao its the G Wagon for me!

If that's the new AMG G Wagon, can I get a lift?

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.