triton242
triton242 - Re: virus
Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 238
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 10:53:01

On 2021-12-07 10:41:01 Churchill said:
For 2 years I have just lived my life as normal when we have not been forced to stay at home. This thing is mostly about fear.

Same here

Fear, division and confusion
Mass psychosis
Vox Populi
Vox Populi - Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 93
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 11:07:51

Well, the truth is, vaccinated or not you can get the new Omicron Covid virus. If you had Covid before or not, you can get the new Omicron virus. This virus is extremely infectious!!

We had it in the family, 2 fully vaccinated and 2 not.
2 had covid previously and 2 not.
1 vaccinated had no symptoms and 1 had light symptoms.
Unvaccinated were sick longer than the vaccinated.

Omicron was more a head cold (flu) than a chest infection for our family but it could have been pure luck for us. The scientific data is not out yet on this one!
330guy
330guy - Re: virus
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 649
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 13:02:52
Edited: 2021-12-07 13:16:56

What I am finding quite disappointing is how the majority of medical experts, leaders in government, business etc are pushing the vaccine as the only solution to the pandemic.

What about good old fashioned taking care of your health? Its been proven beyond doubt that people who are in good health fare very well against this virus and people who are in poor health do not.

Yet instead of taking the opportunity to encourage people to live healthy all we hear is vaccine this , vaccine that...

330guy
330guy - Re: virus
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 650
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 13:13:01
Edited: 2021-12-07 13:47:57

And in stead of encouraging people to live healthy we actually seem to be doing the opposite. Here in Durban the Botanical gardens have been closed for as long as I care to remember. The track that was accessible at Greyville racecourse to civilians for purposes of exercise has been closed. Nature reserves close early. All due to coronavirus. I mean like WTF !!! These are outdoor places with adequate social distancing possible where people go to de-stress and get in some physical activity contributing to an improvement in mental and physical health. But we restrict or close these places while our malls are open and packed to capacity. Go figure.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: virus
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-12-07 13:40:30

Exactly. Really makes no sense to close outdoors activities. Probably the safest places to be as the sun quickly will kill off the virus reducing the chances of spreading. That is if you can get close enough to other people. Like last December they closed the beaches so people ended up in the malls where it was all very crowded. An awesome place for a virus to spread.
JP82
JP82 - Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 348
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 14:40:32

On 2021-12-07 09:55:27 Johnny English said:

In the past i have posted graphs over a periods of up to 3 months showing the correlation between vaccinations and new cases/variants which also met resistance and attempts to deflect, discredit and ridicule. I will not be deterred, ...

Wait...what?

The responses to your previous bullshit weren't attempts to "deflect". They were *DIRECT CHALLENGES* to the validity of the statistics you posted, which you have consistently dodged and failed to to answer, so I'm just gonna cut and paste but I know you're once again not going to answer:

Have you actually "done the math" though?
1) The first thing you learn in stats is "correlation is not causation". Have you even done a Granger causality test to verify the direction of hypothetical causation?
2) The vaccination figures are cumulative (they are always going to increase, unless someone invents a way to become unvaccinated after you've been vaccinated) and will correlate with any other variable that increases over the same period (and have a negative correlation with any variable that decreases over that period) that doesn't even come close to proving that one causes the other.
3) Do you have any evidence of the extent of overlap between the two groups? Ie how many people are both vaccinated AND positive? And how does that compare to the growth rate of the group of people who are not-vaccinated and positive? Because it's more than possible for both vaccinated and positive groups to be increasing independently (especially when one is a cumulative total).
4) More importantly, how many people are fully vaccinated and have died? Because vaccines don't offer 100% protection but should make infections less severe when they do occur.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: virus
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 6854
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 15:06:58

The truth lies somewhere betwixt the views expressed by Johnny English and the rest of the cavilling fraternity.
JP82
JP82 - Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 349
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 15:44:20

On 2021-12-07 15:06:58 Ben Layden said:
The truth lies somewhere betwixt the views expressed by Johnny English and the rest of the cavilling fraternity.

No. It really, really doesn't. There's a reason one side in this "debate" relies on data, facts and evidence, and the other side relies on anecdotes, debunked conspiracy theories and speculation, and your inability to distinguish between the two is quite telling.
BurningMan
BurningMan - Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 541
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 15:59:12

Yawn yawn yawn
BurningMan
BurningMan - Re: virus
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 542
View Profile
Posted: 2021-12-07 16:00:07

Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn boring topic................................yawn

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.