Navigation
marccanham
marccanham - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 38
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 11:33:01

Like farmers do crop rotation. Why dont the girls rotate from area to area monthly
Mo182
Mo182 - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 32
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 11:53:53

On 2021-06-04 11:07:41 Jakeburns78 said:
On 2021-06-04 09:50:40 modnarmodnar said: On 2021-06-04 09:46:42 Jakeburns78 said:
The thing is for the right SP then the journey is worth it and for me it gives me time to think what am I going to do on the way there, and on the way home hopefully bask in the afterglow of what i just did

Jake
Fair enough I guess. This is just me being a lazy bastard. Even when I started punting, living in a far less "popular" area, I still stuck to what's nearby. When the pocket's are really good and I can stick around in PTA for 2hrs+ then I'll likely make the trip.

I hear you I mostly stick to Centurion but a trip to Pta east, Jhb east, or Sandton once in a while, for the right lady can definitely be worth it

Jake

This is me 100% - just too lazy at times.

But Yeah, there are defs a couple PTA girls that are the business. Just the hassel of the drive from sandton always holds me back. Plus that longer "drive of shame" on the return trip will defs make me think about my life choices...lol
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-06-04 12:14:48

So for the committed how will I explain having my brand new Range Rover (wish) written off by a taxi at the offramp into Montana/Gezina/Lynwood or some such when I live in Dunkeld (wish) and have no clients, friends and am hardly ever in PTA even for an odd business meeting particularly now with Teams and Zoom around?
JP82
JP82 - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 221
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 12:38:39
Edited: 2021-06-04 12:40:40

On 2021-06-04 09:33:32 ASASH said:
So... I am checking the thoughts on something I was thinking about, a survey as such... What does our little unique community think about "a bird in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush"

The scenario is as follows: it is evident that there are SP's running some specials these could be well subscribed to or not so... also there might be SP's that are also not having as much "foot traffic" as the "good old days"... and on the other side yes, us punters as well do not all have the luxury of having the disposable income that we could splurge... you know "Treat Yourself vibes".... For me my biggest issue is time, the time is very limited for me to go out and enjoy a good punt, so that is my "risk factor" and I would imagine it could be such for many others punters as well. Take today for example, if I had a punt in the PTA area, there was a huge crash on the N1, so I would still be on time due to meticulous planning, but that time spent in the car would of been much longer than needed. Remember I am giving examples here and this is not an actual booking...

So my question is... Lets say there is a SP offering you a 2 hour booking for ZAR 800 (I have seen this in the forum so I am using the example - this is not a reflection of the SP advertising said special).

But then your vocation is in a 15km radius of the SP's place of work.... and you would rather spend that two hours screwing rather than taking a 1 hour booking and then spending I don't know 20 to 30 minutes on the journey there and back....

Is it okay to perhaps say to the SP hey... I will organise a decent venue for our rendezvous... Can you perhaps make it to so and so place.. I can pay you I don't know R1k for the 2 hour booking.

So yes I am saying R200 for the time and fuel, fuel shouldn't be a big expense provided the distance unless she is coming in a Bugatti and I also assume that she has her own I dont know Suzuki or Polo or something....

yes then you can argue about the time getting there and back... But my point is are you really getting these bookings? Hence the bird in the hand analogy.

Okay Peace Out.
ASASH

I think that there are too many case specific variables to get a definitive answer to this - how far is she travelling? does the specic SP actually have a car? (if she's uber-ing R200 could cover it, but then there's no compensation her for the travel time etc.)

SPs are also selling their time which is like yours, limited. If R800 for 2 hours is already a *discounted* offer, and you're offering R1k for a booking that's going to take up 3hrs of her time minus R200 for Uber for example, then you effectively asking for an extra hour of time for free and its probably not worth it for her. And if your offer means that she can only see 1 client in an afternoon instead of 2, then no its not worth it, if it means 1 instead of 0 then it might be, so it also depends on what the SP means when she says "things are quiet".
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1091
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 12:39:42

Do you play golf? Just say you've been invited to Pta Country Club or Wingate Park, or Centurion

Throw the clubs in the boot and it explains away where you have been for 5 or 6 hours, then buy a cheap kettle and tell the wife you won it

Jake
Vrik
Vrik - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1171
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 12:44:14

On 2021-06-04 12:39:42 Jakeburns78 said:
Do you play golf? Just say you've been invited to Pta Country Club or Wingate Park, or Centurion

Throw the clubs in the boot and it explains away where you have been for 5 or 6 hours, then buy a cheap kettle and tell the wife you won it

Jake

I. need to start playing golf!
JackParrow69
JackParrow69 - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 13:37:40

Some can see reason and some see insults unfortunately. We see it on the forum all the time.

One wg will say how could he...

Another will say I would have...

Think back to a post where someone said a punter had the nerve to offer her R250 and some where upset at the gall others said they would have have given him a blow and go for that.

End of the day, ask for what you want as a punter, offer what you want for what you want and it's either a yes or no.

JP69

ASASH
ASASH - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 136
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 14:21:41

Thanks for the input gents... Really helps... Would be nice if we heard from the other side of the coin too... guess they do not want to expose the variables
uwillwantme
uwillwantme - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2335
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 15:14:21

On 2021-06-04 12:14:48 JayDeeGee said:
So for the committed how will I explain having my brand new Range Rover (wish) written off by a taxi at the offramp into Montana/Gezina/Lynwood or some such when I live in Dunkeld (wish) and have no clients, friends and am hardly ever in PTA even for an odd business meeting particularly now with Teams and Zoom around?

Take Gautrain or book an Uber
JackParrow69
JackParrow69 - Re: 1 in the hand worth more than 2 in the bush
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 4
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-04 16:52:13

On 2021-06-04 15:14:21 uwillwantme said:
On 2021-06-04 12:14:48 JayDeeGee said: So for the committed how will I explain having my brand new Range Rover (wish) written off by a taxi at the offramp into Montana/Gezina/Lynwood or some such when I live in Dunkeld (wish) and have no clients, friends and am hardly ever in PTA even for an odd business meeting particularly now with Teams and Zoom around?

Take Gautrain or book an Uber

Let him get stuck in a tunnel in that train because of loadshedding, lol

It's always a risk going out on a punt. Risk of something non-related like a car accident, risk of walking into a honey trap and getting robbed, risk of catching some STD, risk of getting your jCket burnt on her hot heater that's off, risk of a heart attack because she's so hot.

Minimising the time away in term of travel and distance will help minimise the risk to an extent. Calling your wife or boss back 15 minutes later is easier to explain than calling 2 hours later.

JP69

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.