majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1267
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 13:52:21

On 2024-07-08 12:48:24 Galaxy The Original said:
Times are tough for everyone. I reduced my rates about a month ago. Some say it was the right thing to do, others don't agree saying that you ask what you think you are worth.... well I still think even with reducing my rates that I am worth every cent you spend when you come and visit. Only my rates changed, not my services. It's not just helping me get more clients, but it's also making it possible for gents to still be able to enjoy themselves. It's a win win ;)

If I feel a lady is under charging for the service she provided then I usually pay a tip to make up the difference. Hint to that lady who complained some time back that guys don't tip any more.
voete2006
voete2006 - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 51
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 13:56:39

I started punting in the early 90's. The prices was all over the place, but generally in 1992 you could get FH for R300ish. By 1998 I was visiting a place Blouberg Babes and when I started punting there, the price was R450 per hour. At the time, I felt it was good value for money. And that was at the upper end of the cost spectrum. There was a Chinese place in Sunset Beach for a little cheaper. If you use that as a baseline and calculate on inflationcalc what that ammout would be today - you get R 1500 - R1600. And that is also where I feel the best value for money lies. I am very happy to pay that for 1h of FH. But the chick would have to be insanely hot and talented for me to be looking at R2k+. But the bulk of my punting budged is going to Escom at present, so I am even more reluctant to go over budged.
NickNailer
NickNailer - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 184
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 14:15:57

And a whole lot more is gonna be going to eskom in the future. I am saving for a full solar system so I dont get hit by the price increases. It will only get worse as more people move off grid and eskom has to make up the revenue by increasing prices.

After that maybe I can have a few more punts
TheSavage75
TheSavage75 - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 28
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 14:50:37

My income does not increase by inflation which is at least 14%, these days I will be lucky to see a 5% increase.
Knightrider78
Knightrider78 - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2154
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 15:24:34
Edited: 2024-07-08 15:27:44

On 2024-07-08 13:00:02 Be - Sensual said:
On 2024-07-08 12:53:07 Vrik said: I think Galaxy and be-sensual rates are very, very reasonable now. Probably amongst the most affordable on ESA now. And still great service!

Thank you Vrik, webhave always tried our best to accomodate our clients budgets.
It doesn't help to keep putting rates up when everything has gotten so expensive.

What is the use you charge a fortune and nobody can afford to make use of your services.. shooting yourself in the foot.

Like, Like, Like
Use to frequent this venue back in the day, but, not able to get around to that area as much :-(
With an approach like this, I will gladly try to make an effort, Kc is on my list ad active ;-)
Tacotom
Tacotom - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 188
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 16:23:36

Economies in all countries grind to a halt when there is a general election and election uncertainty. I've seen it in the UK, Australia and now here.

People and companies just hold off on making big financial decisions until they know who's running the country and what will be happening with economic policy.

Now things have settle and that loadshedding is mostly a thing of the past it should start to pick up.
majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1268
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 16:36:43

On 2024-07-08 16:23:36 Tacotom said:
Economies in all countries grind to a halt when there is a general election and election uncertainty. I've seen it in the UK, Australia and now here.

People and companies just hold off on making big financial decisions until they know who's running the country and what will be happening with economic policy.

Now things have settle and that loadshedding is mostly a thing of the past it should start to pick up.

Big parts of the world are going diving deeply into recession. They have been for some time but it has come to the point that they can't pretend otherwise. We might be in a better position here in SA but we will have to wait and see.
NickNailer
NickNailer - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 185
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-08 16:38:17
Edited: 2024-07-08 16:39:00

I am hoping with the whole BRICS deal we would finally get oil at better prices and without being at the mercy of the USD

With the petrol price where it is I factor that into the cost of a punt.
Tacotom
Tacotom - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 190
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-09 09:56:08

On 2024-07-08 16:36:43 majorjohn said:
On 2024-07-08 16:23:36 Tacotom said: Economies in all countries grind to a halt when there is a general election and election uncertainty. I've seen it in the UK, Australia and now here.

Big parts of the world are going diving deeply into recession. They have been for some time but it has come to the point that they can't pretend otherwise. We might be in a better position here in SA but we will have to wait and see.

In particular the Uk is fucked by 14 years of Tory austerity and mismanagement and moronic PMs. I think a fresh start with Labour may bring the economy back.
kingkk
kingkk - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 318
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-09 10:52:49

After reading the comments it's actually made me feel more positive. Even in this tough environment there's opportunities for wgs,mg,other type of people to make money or anyone with the right idea at the . Sometimes advertising video clips,pics,what that individual might make an extra few sales and create more positivity sometimes using the social platforms ie what's app bussiness version,telegram for people paying for advertising can boost sales . It's better that than being negative letting negative thoughts into the mind and just drawing that negative energy towards yourself. Also on punters side sometimes they make a bit of extra money and they come across ladies special and help fulfill a fantasy and destress so it's a win win situation mostly for both parties .

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.