Tegwane - Re: Poppy
Re: Poppy
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 714
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 17:46:54

On 2018-11-07 16:44:15 gunts said:
Guys......
This is a hugely loaded question ESP today!!
Perhaps leave it for another day, esp after what happen today.
Lets not be disrespectful to anyone nor any side.
Gunts

ESP today, please elaborate?
iamfunluva
iamfunluva - Re: Poppy
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2047
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 19:24:01

What happened today?
iamfunluva
iamfunluva - Re: Poppy
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2048
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 19:26:40

On 2018-11-07 17:15:29 Alexa said:
Sure one of my great uncles was a ww1 pilot. But really? What difference does wearing poppy make? War is a natural human state of being for us - even if we say its awef we still wage war.

For all the people who are remembering the long time dead - what are you doing for the people suffering now? Do you even know whats happening in places like Yemen??? Ots quite facetious to go on about the dead when the living need help.

Wow! Absolutely brilliantly said
We humans have learnt nothing from all the wars that have been and are being fought
In fact the world is constantly at war, everyday
Such a sad state of affairs
We have lost our humanity
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 718
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:02:21

Sure one of my great uncles was a ww1 pilot. But really? What difference does wearing poppy make? War is a natural human state of being for us - even if we say its awef we still wage war.

For all the people who are remembering the long time dead - what are you doing for the people suffering now? Do you even know whats happening in places like Yemen??? Ots quite facetious to go on about the dead when the living need help.

To answer your first question, to wear a poppy shows a sign of respect to those that have given their lives, to allow us to have the freedoms we have today

The people suffering now, the UK has plowed millions of quid into say Yemen. Just before dinner we get a nightly view of the starving children, horrendous. My concern is the West have poured have poured billions of USD into these areas, and yet yearly, the starvation occours, why????? So we are doing something
Alexa
Alexa - Re: Poppy
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 376
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:14:38

Hmmm the usa doesnt help anyone. They destroy. The yemen situation is a prime example. Whats happening there is atrocious. What will we wear when all the yemenis are dead? Its fake respect. Its something people do for show, like going to church. And the dead dont care if we wear a poppy or ribbon or whatever else.
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Poppy
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5713
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:19:39

Look a little closer to home! Nevermind Yemen!
Veronica Franco
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5714
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:23:44

On 2018-11-07 20:14:38 Alexa said:
Hmmm the usa doesnt help anyone. They destroy. The yemen situation is a prime example. Whats happening there is atrocious. What will we wear when all the yemenis are dead? Its fake respect. Its something people do for show, like going to church. And the dead dont care if we wear a poppy or ribbon or whatever else.

No they don't, but why wear a pink ribbon for cancer or put flowers on a grave? Same concept! It's just a flower or a ribbon...not like it drains your bank account. It's a form of remembrance and honouring our history which is lost to most these days! They don't honour anything!
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 719
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:24:40

On 2018-11-07 20:14:38 Alexa said:

I take exception to your comments. What do the Yemeni's mean to me? What are you doing to help? You are either being obtuse, or extremely ignorant if you say the USA don't help anyone, google how many billions they donate, the UK forks out 11 billion quid in aidalone

In regards to 'fake respect ' how dare you. I have lost family and friends in conflict worldwide, and without the security forces you wouldn't have the freedoms that you have now, so show some respect please
If Only
If Only - Re: Poppy
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2722
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:37:48

On 2018-11-07 15:46:00 Tegwane said:
Who wears a poppy, if not, why not?

To get back to the original question, I am reminded of a quote by Winston Churchill.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future"
Veronica Franco
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5716
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-11-07 20:57:30

On 2018-11-07 20:37:48 If Only said:
On 2018-11-07 15:46:00 Tegwane said: Who wears a poppy, if not, why not?

To get back to the original question, I am reminded of a quote by Winston Churchill.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future"

No wonder we never learn from the past and repeat history!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.