Meg
Meg - Re: Celebrity/ Famous punters
Re: Celebrity/ Famous punters
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5027
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-11-14 22:24:47

On 2018-11-14 17:24:19 jjsoap said:
On 2018-11-14 17:07:35 Meg said: Yes I do have a few.
That's where they privacy is of upmost importance.
I don't share; and they don't tell.
From singers to sportsmen and in between....

Should privacy not always be of utmost importance.

What makes a celeb's privacy more important than anybody elses.

Everyone's privacy is important.
Correct.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Celebrity/ Famous punters
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-11-14 23:48:38

One has to take claims of privacy and discretion in this industry with a pinch of salt. It is by its nature founded on lies, fantasies and illusions. The standard of discretion reflective of society's average. Ladies will talk. Punters will talk. I've heard stories I shouldn't hear, but showed no interest, instead wondered if my own privacy is secured. So, no guarantees of total privacy here whether you are a celebrity or not. Risky business this is. Some venues probably have discrete or not so discrete CCTV camera. Others have guardmen who seem least interested but are probably curious about the clients and their cars. If there was discretion in this industry, Joost van der Westhuizen (ex Rugby) would not have been busted or Elliot Spitzer, the former New York Attorney General who was apparently serviced by the most 'discrete' elite club of ladies. Part of the reason I dislike houses is that these are porous when it comes to privacy. Not to say there is absolute privacy with independent SPs. It's all relative. Just like living in a complex makes you feel safe, going to a WG might give you an illusion of privacy, but it's all in the mind. We take risk because we feel a sense of necessity. May be we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously, celebrity or not - nothing under the sun stays hidden forever.
letjolotjolo
letjolotjolo - Re: Celebrity/ Famous punters
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 15
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-15 07:06:55

One of the most famous cases in the UK invovled the Tory minister Jeffrey ARcher (the same one who wrote the books)

He was recognised coming out of a WG place by a TV journalist going in. The journalist told the WG that she had just hit payday. She called him up and demanded a payment at King's Cross station - when he came to make the payment he was met by a gaggle of Papparazzi and his picture splashed across teh SUnday tabloids - the papers paid the WG more than / the same as what she demanded from Sir Jeff (yes he was a knight). He had to resign as a minister (though someone commented that if this was in France he would have been promoted)

I don't know what this did for the WG's career and no one seemed to worry about what the TV journalist was doing there

Burfi
Burfi - Re: Celebrity/ Famous punters
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 648
View Profile
Posted: 2018-11-15 08:12:37

On 2018-11-14 23:48:38 Menelus said:
One has to take claims of privacy and discretion in this industry with a pinch of salt. It is by its nature founded on lies, fantasies and illusions. The standard of discretion reflective of society's average. Ladies will talk. Punters will talk. I've heard stories I shouldn't hear, but showed no interest, instead wondered if my own privacy is secured. So, no guarantees of total privacy here whether you are a celebrity or not. Risky business this is.

True that boss. Years ago on first visits to WGs theyd tell me about which politician or sportsman or actor booked them. When a WG mentioned that a famous actor from a very popular Africaans sitcom from 90's books her I was surprised at the time becoz he had a strict africaans christian public persona and a regular in YOU's sister magazine.

I saw WP players in early 2000's at Mavericks on a regular basis.

Some WGs get overexcited and do talk while others have the utmost discretion.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.