Navigation
Mattie Silk
Mattie Silk - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 313
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-05 09:03:12

Unless you have suffered from a hate crime rather keep quiet. I am sick to death that men get to do with women as they want especially in South Africa.
Men try to keep us down because they know the first woman that comes into ppwer os going to change this planet and men fear that? This is why they speak equality bit its window dressing.
Until you have been dragged by your hair round the house, been beaten into a inch of your life don't comment! Period, mem always go for the vulnerable, it does not surprise me at all we are number 2 on the list because men in this country have been raised we must cook and clean and be bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen, they taught we have to wait on them hand and foot? Not only cook for them but dish up and serve them, wtf are you lot lame.
Ms Paige you.are spot on this country sucks I have tried fighting a abuser im the souTh African courts, what a $#@* joke
I am doing everything I can to get out of South Africa because I have seen first hand why we are number 2
And sex trafficking in South Africa is a pandemic but ot gets ignored, swept under the rug, south Africa dirty little secret because it does not make news does it mean it does not exist.
Wipe the crap out your eyes for men south Africa could be rocking but for women its a death sentence!
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 4551
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 14:01:47

On 2019-10-05 09:03:12 Mattie Silk said:
...And sex trafficking in South Africa is a pandemic but ot gets ignored,...

And yet you are here contributing to the demand!
ghostwrita
ghostwrita - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 364
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 14:10:27

Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

That said, even today, crime disproportionately affects the poor in South Africa.
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 375
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 14:33:22

"And the country burns while we are busy arguing stats and perceptions" - pretty much everyone's view these days

My only 2cents worth on this topic is WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR USELESS, CORRUPT, INCOMPETENT government about this ????.....oh yes! they're busy fighting among themselves for a bigger spot at the feeding trough !
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1291
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 14:59:52

On 2019-10-06 14:10:27 ghostwrita said:
Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

That said, even today, crime disproportionately affects the poor in South Africa.

I call bullshit
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1292
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 15:00:40

On 2019-10-06 14:33:22 Wild_Weasel said:
"And the country burns while we are busy arguing stats and perceptions" - pretty much everyone's view these days

My only 2cents worth on this topic is WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR USELESS, CORRUPT, INCOMPETENT government about this ????.....oh yes! they're busy fighting among themselves for a bigger spot at the feeding trough !

Agree 100%
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-10-06 16:44:04
Edited: 2019-10-06 16:46:59

I have to say during my recent visit, I was absolutely astounded at how unusually quiet some Johannesburg suburb streets were at 9:30pm at night. There is a definite change in the air. Most people said to me I was crazy to be driving around that late at night. whether real or perceived the mindset has changed.

I agree that crime disproportionately affects the poor in South Africa, all the cleaners I had always insisted that they were paid via direct deposit and not cash. Payday was nirvana for township gangsters who waited patiently for the hardworking ladies and gentlemen to come home with groceries and monthly/weekly salaries. And one only needs to mention the Cape Flats to truly understand how crime has impacted the poor.

I spent time in the townships and I know for certain crime goes unreported, it makes no difference to the police. Hence you see vigilante groups or kangaroo courts when the locals are gatvol.
ghostwrita
ghostwrita - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 368
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 17:48:11

On 2019-10-06 14:59:52 Tegwane said:
On 2019-10-06 14:10:27 ghostwrita said: Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

I call bullshit

Cool. Bring your set of facts.
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1293
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-06 18:27:59

On 2019-10-06 17:48:11 ghostwrita said:
On 2019-10-06 14:59:52 Tegwane said: On 2019-10-06 14:10:27 ghostwrita said: Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

I call bullshit

Cool. Bring your set of facts.

Nice try, you make an outrageous statement then expect me to debunk your 'facts', google is your best friend here, in 1983 there was 23 murders per 100000 people, in 2016 muders were 87 per 100000 people
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3248
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-06 18:55:52
Edited: 2019-10-06 19:41:58

Thank you to every person that replied. You got to REALLY love this country or you don't.

For me... to be REALLY honest... I was a little girl when the series "Dallas" come out... Sue Ellen, JR, Bobby, Pamela and the works... They were like a thousand years before us... Those days it was like the Golden globe and red carpet and shit today... they were so stylish and sexy and and and... and then at age 10... Princess Diana with her golden heart, princess dresses and perfect life... (so we thought) She was my role model... she is still my role model...

We had one of those very big build in Sony units... My dad used to hide it when the NG dominee come to visit... because TV was the biggest sin in those days... bigger sin than cheating on your wife... or being a fucked up alcoholic that abuse and rape family members... that was like bdsm today... (taboo)... and in some cases... only the very rich people knew of these sins... We were so naive... it's true...

I think I was like 8 or 9 years old... and since then I dreamed of becoming an American... lol... Today as a mature lady, I wish I did something with my dreams earlier in my life... I never knew life in SOUTH Africa is going to become a survival... and my beloved Country will be in flames... for me as a little girl life in South Africa was like a dream come true...

If the opportunity ever come my way, I'll pack up my shit and I will go. Not necessarily USA, but somewhere in Europe... I know I'm to old to immigrate as a single 48 year old woman with no skills but shagging men... but NOTHING EVER stood in my way of dreaming about a better life... There is NO... ZERO, zults opportunities left for her as a 4 year old...

I love my country but I become to hate it... I love my culture, language, history and herritage but when the opportunity ever come, I'll be on my way... for my own sanity...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.