Navigation
Kooni
Kooni - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 5372
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-26 11:18:44

Superfuck latest is: ...... Jip just a lot of dots.
J_J
J_J - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 538
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-26 11:52:16

On 2024-07-26 11:18:44 Kooni said:
Superfuck latest is: ...... Jip just a lot of dots.

S/he finally reveals her true character - little Miss Dotty; makes sense now...

"In the middle of Whoopee Wood, in Nonsenseland you can find Little Miss Dotty, eating her a bowl of marmalade with milk and sugar for breakfast. She is really keen to win the Nonsenseland Cup."
styffrichard
styffrichard - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 183
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-26 11:58:31

On 2024-07-25 15:51:27 oraljim said:
On 2024-07-25 15:43:14 BigBen4Fun said: @OJ to your review post. This is the reason I have stopped reviewing. Best is to have the experience good, average or bad and move on.
There are those gems I regularly visit with no need to review.
The idea of random number generator is a great suggestion if one tends to review.

Thanks Ben. Yeah you will notice that the last time I reviewed was in 2022, and it was also a negative review. Due to that review many SPs I had regularly been seeing (I can't mention them because somehow doing so would be considered "freeloading") stopped seeing me for fear of also getting a negative review. As I stated in my latest review, the service I received was so shitty I felt compelled to warn my fellow punters. But I appreciate that was in error and I will simply obey my own strictures and never review again on this site. It's just not worth it.

Yeah the freeloading rule is the dumbest thing ever....its what turns what should be a forum into a advertorial
spmtl
spmtl - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 47
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-26 12:34:05

It's just creating more problems to solve an edge case.

At least if we can see who is making the review we can judge if it is legit. If it's just a randomised name how do we know it isn't either a fake positive or a fake negative.

There are plenty things we can do to protect ourselves. You can also block the person.

It's not a terrible suggestion. But then you have to accept that in a few months someone will post "my god how do I trust these reviews, we are anonymous on the site already, why are we adding another level of anonymity"
Hazel Arabia
Hazel Arabia - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1187
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-07-26 12:56:06

On 2024-07-25 13:45:34 Lagen said:
@oraljim - A suggestion. "Delayed Reviews"
I never post the review in the week or even month that i made the booking. This eliminates what you are now experiencing.

This checks out actually - a lot of the time i have no way of connecting a member on here to a client I've seen, until they actually make it a point to tell me
xenon69
xenon69 - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 148
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-27 05:40:09

On 2024-07-25 13:24:14 oraljim said:
But if she's only seen 1 person today it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who left the review.

Then regardless of whether the review was your username, or a random ID, she would still know it's you.

Maybe a better feature would be for a tick box that let's you set a post delay. This way you can still write up the review while the details are fresh in your mind, but ESA only displays it at some random date in the future between 3 and 30 days ahead
(needs to be random else a clever so will pick up the pattern)

Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6804
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-27 10:50:27

OJ, I appreciate where you coming from but this won't work.

The punter aliases are what make the reviews credible, especially with all the fake selfies as at the moment, taking away that alias will default all reviews to being worthless and fake ghost writers.

As far as them being able to pick out who you are from the details of the review and messaging you etc, that will still happen anyway. Even if you posted as review 123, she still knows from the details or date, that the number you called from was review 123 and the outcome will be the same. The difference is we won't know that OJ is review 123 and it is this a credible review and more likely to side with what we do know which would be the wgs story because she is known and probably has more credibility than an unknown review.

N4P
oraljim
oraljim - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2540
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-27 11:49:24

@N4P thank you for the response. That's all I wanted was to start a discussion on what is clearly a problem but the almighty admins don't want to enter debates - just sling insults at the people who pay their salaries (called customers). I know my idea wasn't fully fleshed out which was what I was hoping a discussion would solve. Thank you for participating in good faith - it speaks well of you.
Yvonne Xxx
Yvonne Xxx - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1290
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-07-27 12:45:08

Almighty admins? Be careful lest you be banned with your gold membership and your scrolls.
oraljim
oraljim - Re: ESA - review system suggestion
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2542
View Profile
Posted: 2024-07-27 12:59:57

On 2024-07-27 12:45:08 Yvonne Xxx said:
Almighty admins? Be careful lest you be banned with your gold membership and your scrolls.

TBH if I get banned for having an opinion of someone based on their communications then this is even a worse platform than I've given it credit for :) Pretty sure they are mature enough to be able to take anything I can dish out. If not - hardly a loss. I can extract all the value I need from the site without GM membership if I have to. Its a convenience not a requirement.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.