EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: Suicide
Re: Suicide
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 975
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-07 10:21:34

On 2019-08-07 10:08:28 Caressa said:
What happens after I have spoken to you about my problems,what guarantee do I have that whatever was discussed will remain between the two of us and won't come back to bite me.Cruel world we live in,one offers a listening ear in order to gain info to use against you.

This is understandable because this world got so many crule people in. But there is some that will listen even ic they cant help who wont stabb you later in the back or wll judge you.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Suicide
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-08-07 10:23:26

I definitely do not put up my hand to volunteer to aid in this aspect as I am not trained or have any idea how to handle a situation like that.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3535
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 10:29:50

I was always the one who would run to help if anybody needed help. But I find I cannot do it anymore. Being an empath I just find it FAR too exhausting and draining. At the moment I am dealing with my own anxiety issues which for years I had forgotten about and never resolved.
Giuliana
Giuliana - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 42
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 10:38:14

A few words I live by now sweet ladies.

I have been fighting since I was a child, I am not a survivor, I am a WARRIOR.

The devil whispers " you can't withstand the storm" But the warrior replies "I AM THE STORM!"

Do not tolerate disrespect not even from yourself.

Depression is a killer. Your life is worth so much more. I had to learn to love myself. Learn to love yourself completely. It is the first step to healing your broken soul.

You are captain of your own ship.

JP82
JP82 - Re: Suicide
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 51
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-07 10:47:57

I think that everyone offering to help mean well, and i commend that, but i do want to caution that if you arent trained you can end up doing more damage than good.

There was a thread a little while ago about dealing with depression that had a lot of truly terrible advice, where people clearly dont understand the difference between being a little down and depression.

I spent 3 weeks last year in a pysch hospital being treated for depression and i can tell you firsthand that advice like "try to look on the bright side", "count your blessings", "just choose to be happy" or "person X has it so much worse",are not AT ALL helpful because they make you feel guilty and ashamed for how you feel on top of how you already feel (and you get flooded with that sort of thing from well meaning people as soon as they hear the word depression)
Kimmylee
Kimmylee - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4236
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 11:01:40

On 2019-08-07 10:38:14 Giuliana said:
A few words I live by now sweet ladies.

I have been fighting since I was a child, I am not a survivor, I am a WARRIOR.

The devil whispers " you can't withstand the storm" But the warrior replies "I AM THE STORM!"

Do not tolerate disrespect not even from yourself.

Depression is a killer. Your life is worth so much more. I had to learn to love myself. Learn to love yourself completely. It is the first step to healing your broken soul.

You are captain of your own ship.

#Like

Keep it up my dear... :-)
Kimmi
Kimmi - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 20
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 11:29:55

It's so haert braking, I'm also here girls you are worth so much more than taking your own life I can help. Every single girl on this site is precious and beautiful.
Be-sensual
Be-sensual - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 709
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 12:04:32

I think it is great that so many have offered their help. I have taken the liberty to find some numbers for counseling lines where anyone in need can get professional help. Hope that these numbers help someone, whether it be a SP or a Punter..

Lifeline 0861 322 322

Sadag Mental Health Line: 011 234 4837

Department of Social Development Substance Abuse Line 24 hour helpline: 0800 12 13 14

Suicide Crisis Line: 0800 567 567

Adcock Ingram Depression and Anxiety Helpline: 0800 70 80 90

Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Suicide
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3536
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-08-07 12:12:44

On 2019-08-07 10:47:57 JP82 said:
I think that everyone offering to help mean well, and i commend that, but i do want to caution that if you arent trained you can end up doing more damage than good.

There was a thread a little while ago about dealing with depression that had a lot of truly terrible advice, where people clearly dont understand the difference between being a little down and depression.

I spent 3 weeks last year in a pysch hospital being treated for depression and i can tell you firsthand that advice like "try to look on the bright side", "count your blessings", "just choose to be happy" or "person X has it so much worse",are not AT ALL helpful because they make you feel guilty and ashamed for how you feel on top of how you already feel (and you get flooded with that sort of thing from well meaning people as soon as they hear the word depression)

This right here. I got quite fed up with people telling me to think positive, stop sweating the small stuff, just eat healthy and exercise. While that has its place, I need meds and therapy. I suffer from extreme anxiety. People are shamed into not going the meds route and its not always the way to go.
Having support in your corner is very important but it takes not take the place of professional help.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Suicide
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-08-07 12:31:12

Makes my heart warm to see all the affection and care there still is on this site. Long may it continue.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.