Navigation
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Fake police call
Re: Fake police call
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1903
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-26 14:10:04

Remember they can also offer bribes to the people working for the network provider to pull call logs for a number that they can find of an advertiser.

The advertiser would not even know their call lists are compromised. Using whatsapp calls or messages are much safer because it is encrypted
Bullfinkle
Bullfinkle - Re: Fake police call
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-26 15:05:44

I've received calls and texts as well and I usually do as the forum says which is block and ignore.

Funnily enough these guys can barely even spell and expect you to belive in their nonsense.

This was the text I received:

"If u cant twake now I will call u back then il let u now wat is gouinge on is a baut a lady hoe open a cas for u i trid to call u bud u dont ander stand wat is gouing on if u dont want my help com to the stachion if u want my help cam back to me dont play games. u ar in beek trabil ther is menay pruf to put u a way"
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Fake police call
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1318
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-26 18:00:38

On 2021-10-26 15:05:44 Bullfinkle said:
I've received calls and texts as well and I usually do as the forum says which is block and ignore.

Funnily enough these guys can barely even spell and expect you to belive in their nonsense.

"If u cant twake now I will call u back then il let u now wat is gouinge on is a baut a lady hoe open a cas for u i trid to call u bud u dont ander stand wat is gouing on if u dont want my help com to the stachion if u want my help cam back to me dont play games. u ar in beek trabil ther is menay pruf to put u a way"

Problem is, some punters wont see any problem in the spelling...
:-)
BigBen4Fun
BigBen4Fun - Re: Fake police call
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 500
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:06:32

On 2021-10-26 15:05:44 Bullfinkle said:

Took me 45 minutes to read that sentence.
Must be my dementia.
Buttercup
Buttercup - Re: Fake police call
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:23:15

I honestly think some of the girls fall for this. I personally get 3-4 calls a week or texts from these guys.It's happening a lot. Some of us are actually sick of them and unfortunately some punters panick when they get contacted.If anyone calls accusing you of raping or robbing a WG,or anything along those lines,just ask for the case number and tell them you will come to the police station. They are full of nonsense!
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Fake police call
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:39:00

Hmmm my punting phone is off 99% of the time. If you use a punting phone then welp nothing to be done officer.

Bang on officer you've caught me redhanded. I saw an SP. I had a great time. She's a sweetheart too. My name is Cyril Ramaphosa. Find me any time you want at Genadendal in Cape Town or Mahlamba Ndlopfu in Pretoria.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:43:20

Which reminds there was a Spanish/South American SP who worked out of Fourways a few years ago who claimed she had a line of senior ANC guys as her customers. I believed her because she knew shit that I corroborated with people in the know.

That's our governing party. Confidential info shared with an SP after 2min of ecstasy.

Would love to see that ANC Whats App group recommending SPs.
Joe
Joe - Re: Fake police call
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 269
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:47:43

I'm think Im gonna collaborate with ESA to start a scheme to catch these SP's selling out numbers.
TheDicktator
TheDicktator - Re: Fake police call
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 23
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-26 19:49:14

Around 2019 I got called by those guys. At that time I didn't read the forum so I actually believed them. After I got a lawyer to call them back they went silent. I guess at that time I was one of the schmucks who made them think they might one day get away with it.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-10-27 00:24:13

Had a WhatsApp and call past month similar. Block. Delete. Truecaller. Works well. Block ignore. Ignore and not give attention to phoney losers on phones trying to scam for a buck.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.