ZZenobia
ZZenobia - Re: Thought for the day !
Re: Thought for the day !
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1118
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-09 13:10:53

Within Us

'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.'
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1119
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-09 13:11:08

Self Respect

'Respect your efforts,respect yourself. Self respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, thats real power.'

- Clint Eastwood -
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1120
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-09 13:11:23

Loving Yourself

'If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself.'

- Barbara De Angelis -
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1127
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-11 09:16:04

Use Your Days Wisely

'This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good.'
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1128
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-11 09:16:25

The Soccer World Cup

'The World Cup will help unify people, if there is one thing in this planet that has the power to bind people, it is soccer.'

- Nelson Mandela -
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1147
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-14 12:40:57

My Worst, My Best

'I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.'

- Marilyn Monroe -
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Thought for the day !
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2010-06-14 12:48:07

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. ~ Oscar Wilde, Irish Dramatist (1854 - 1900)
ZZenobia
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1169
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-21 16:44:13

Declaration of Self Esteem

'I am Me.

In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me.

Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it.

I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or to myself.

I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.

Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts.

I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know - but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me.

However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me.

If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded.

I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do.

I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me.

I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me.

I am me, and I am Okay.'
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Thought for the day !
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 626
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-21 17:07:48

It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake.
- Mark Twain on his 70th birthday.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Thought for the day !
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 627
View Profile
Posted: 2010-06-21 18:41:30

To thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

-Mr Shakespeare-
Polonius' advice to Laertes in 'Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.'

P.S :
If only you could understand the profound import of Mr. S's apothegm !
B.L

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.