Navigation
therodent
therodent - Re: IT Advise Help
Re: IT Advise Help
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 253
View Profile
Posted: 2022-02-18 09:59:24

Your work found out that you access ESA on their network so I recommend that you stop trying or else you could end up in serious trouble..

On 2022-02-17 11:50:24 1nOnlyRobert said:
Hi Guys - I do use my company pc to be on ESA at times. I noticed I cannot access ESA via their network any longer any only on my own wifi. Not sure how other punters access ESA-if via their work internet or private etc.
Without landing into trouble, is there alternatives besides not being in their network etc. Yes, I know its against company policy etc...but ESA is ESA and when I have time I do peruse - only the purple world.

1nOnlyRobert
1nOnlyRobert - Re: IT Advise Help
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 9
View Profile
Posted: 2022-02-18 15:11:54

Hi Punters. Thank you sooo much for the feedback. All the great advise taken well. On my phone now, its just cumbersome to use the phone. Looking at getting a tablet just for my playing times. You guys are helpful and I appreciate that. Will update if there is any feedback I get for being a bad boykie. Hopefully this will pass.
wannamilf
wannamilf - Re: IT Advise Help
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 153
View Profile
Posted: 2022-02-18 17:01:46

On 2022-02-18 09:56:20 slipnslide said:
If you know how you can change your DNS settings on your internet adapter to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 (provided it not restricted). Also check internet settings and make sure that no proxy's are configured.

changing this doesnt help because companies have web proxies usually configured especially where they have such monitoring as described by the guy.

Just get a personal device for ESA. You dont have much if anything to stand on when it comes to personal use of company equipment should it become an HR matter. The only way you would come out from such a situation is if device was compromised by some malware or hacked.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.