Navigation
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 178
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 07:44:35
Edited: 2019-10-07 07:45:56

For many caucasian "South Africans", our country became unacceptable when they saw a new government which was not predominantly lilly white but rather more representative of our people/population. To those that are still living in this "hell" and wanting to leave, why not stop trying to convince loyal South Africans how intolerable our beautiful country is, and leave. Thereafter you can spend the rest of your lives bad mouthing us to try feel better about your misery and justify your departure to that alien land as a "refugee"
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3252
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-07 08:21:10
Edited: 2019-10-07 08:22:57

Oh I wish that was so simple... believe me... I'd be the first one on a plane out of this shit hole... I'm not dead yet... I'll keep on dreaming... there have to be a way out... one day soon... but while I'm waiting for such a opportunity, I'll try to make the best of it... I have no other option... damn... :(((
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 4554
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 08:36:18

What many people forget is that...It's a democracy now!
Yes, it's a grand fuck-up...BUT blame the party that you voted for!
Instead of crying to a pussy whipped crowd...rather try and get the opposition to be stronger, after all you chose to vote for them!
I any democracy...a strong opposition, that is in the face of the ruling party, makes the difference between good governance and a semi-dictatorship!
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 5367
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 09:01:17

I get the feeling that there are many people of all races who would leave SA if they could.

But due to financial constraints they cannot.

I have no desire to leave.
I speak Afrikaans fluently and Sepedi tolerably. (sometimes much to my embarrassment when my pronunciation is corrected).

But.

The ANC will continue to be voted into power despite looting money meant for the poor on a gargantuan scale. They received 57% of the national vote in the last elections.

I confess I voted for the ANC in the last elections because of their principled stance on the Palestine issue.

But I am not a politically correct person.
I am honest to a fault. I do not not care that people don't respect me for what I say out loud. I do not believe in the hoary myth that people commit crime because they are hungry. They commit crime because they have very inferior moral standards. The culture of criminality is deeply ingrained in some communities in SA.
ghostwrita
ghostwrita - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 369
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 09:17:18

On 2019-10-06 18:27:59 Tegwane said:
On 2019-10-06 17:48:11 ghostwrita said: On 2019-10-06 14:59:52 Tegwane said: On 2019-10-06 14:10:27 ghostwrita said: Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

That said, even today, crime disproportionately affects the poor in South Africa.

I call bullshit

Cool. Bring your set of facts.

Nice try, you make an outrageous statement then expect me to debunk your 'facts', google is your best friend here, in 1983 there was 23 murders per 100000 people, in 2016 muders were 87 per 100000 people

Nonsense. The murder rate in South Africa has not been as low as 23 since the 1950s.

Also, please note my post said late 80s and early 90s. You deliberately cherry-picked the year before the decade-long surge in violence in South Africa.
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1295
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 09:50:39

On 2019-10-07 07:08:34 JacksonT said:
Well that's what happens when you oppress natives of this country, white people always complain about crime in SA and when we tell them about inequality we have in this country they keep quiet, apartheid messed up this country and now you can't deal with the results of oppression.Save money and just get fuck outta here man.you guys always complaining ,do something about it then go to a better country.some of you forget that this is part of Africa

So your last sentence implies being in Africa means what?
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1296
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 09:57:06

On 2019-10-07 07:44:35 Johnny English said:
For many caucasian "South Africans", our country became unacceptable when they saw a new government which was not predominantly lilly white but rather more representative of our people/population. To those that are still living in this "hell" and wanting to leave, why not stop trying to convince loyal South Africans how intolerable our beautiful country is, and leave. Thereafter you can spend the rest of your lives bad mouthing us to try feel better about your misery and justify your departure to that alien land as a "refugee"

As you have accused me before about bad mouthing the country

1) do you think I left SA by choice?
2) look at the rape stats, bearing in my I have daughters
3) the murder rate in the farming community
4) I come home annually because I love my country, I hate the UK but my children are here, so.

Before any lays into ex pats, ask them for their rationale before putting in the boot
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1297
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 10:00:13

On 2019-10-07 09:17:18 ghostwrita said:
On 2019-10-06 18:27:59 Tegwane said: On 2019-10-06 17:48:11 ghostwrita said: On 2019-10-06 14:59:52 Tegwane said: On 2019-10-06 14:10:27 ghostwrita said: Statistically, South Africa was most dangerous in the late 80s and early 90s. But it was much safer for the richer then than it is now. Essentially, with democracy, also came the democratisation of crime.

That said, even today, crime disproportionately affects the poor in South Africa.

I call bullshit

Cool. Bring your set of facts.

Nice try, you make an outrageous statement then expect me to debunk your 'facts', google is your best friend here, in 1983 there was 23 murders per 100000 people, in 2016 muders were 87 per 100000 people

Nonsense. The murder rate in South Africa has not been as low as 23 since the 1950s.

Also, please note my post said late 80s and early 90s. You deliberately cherry-picked the year before the decade-long surge in violence in South Africa.

Thank you, you have just proved a point
Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3256
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-07 10:02:08
Edited: 2019-10-07 10:03:50

[QUOTE;2037812;JacksonT said: Well that's what happens when you oppress natives of this country, white people always complain about crime in SA and when we tell them about inequality we have in this country they keep quiet, apartheid messed up this country and now you can't deal with the results of oppression.Save money and just get fuck outta here man.you guys always complaining ,do something about it then go to a better country.some of you forget that this is part of Africa [/QUOTE]

No worries... one of these days... :))) I'm working on it... :)))
undercoverpta
undercoverpta - Re: S.A. The second most dangerous country in the world.
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 765
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-07 10:26:14
Edited: 2019-10-07 10:28:21

It has been 25 years since the happy demise of apartheid.The fact that the gap between rich and poor has if anything widened,cannot be blamed on whites directly.

The ANC had the opportunity to devise and implement policies to narrow the gap.They also had control over all tax income.To be fair they did uplift some black people to the status of tenderpreneurs an highly paid government and para statal employees.In the process destroying infra structure,education and health systems.

The small number of mostly white taxpayers who were the biggest generators of tax income,paid for this, plus for their own security, health services and education privately.The make up just over 2% of the taxpayers but pay around 69% of all personal taxes.

So @Tegwane, be careful what you wish for.Should these taxpayers leave( with their money and expertise) government finances will simply collapse. Since the education system only produces 1 child in 40 who obtains a C in matric maths,there is no chance for RSA to rebuild the ravaged economy. In the meantime those whites who choose to stay are well advised to at least emigrate their money

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.