Navigation
Burfi
Burfi - Re: Sink or Swim...
Re: Sink or Swim...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 430
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-27 12:56:17

To reverse the question, are there any punters out there who are cutting back drastically on punting?
Or who has quit punting altogether due to financial constraints?
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Sink or Swim...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 5268
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-27 13:25:11

On 2018-09-26 11:35:31 Blades said:
Unfortionately punting is paid for by our disposable income.

And personally I have seen my disposable income shrink steadily over the last few years. I have also put most of my other hobbies on hold.

I don't know about other punters, but apart from disposable income, my leasure time has also taken a knock. I find myself working a lot more hours for a while now. Companies want to grow business, but employees leaving companies are not being replaced. This "streamlining" is putting a lot of pressure on employees who have to do the work done by 2 or 3 people in the past. Most of my friends in other industries are complaining about the same, so it is not just me and my industry.

I've not been able to afford (time wise) to go on holiday for almost 3 years, but I will be leaving on one soon even though I know I'm going to be swamped with work when I return.

I've also seen the number of ladies offering services in my area increase a lot, so perhaps more competition also plays a role in business being down for the ladies.

Definitely in the same situation as you are Blades .. my disposable income have shrunk drastically and with colleagues going on retirement and not been replaced .. just putting more pressure at work for the folks that stay behind !!!
Burfi
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 432
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-27 13:29:58

Besides petrol and medical aid, what is the other causes of disposable incomes decreasing?

I find groceries, eating out, clothes prices are the same as a year or more ago. I want to reduce my medical aid to hospital plan only tho, it's a huge fucking ripp off. Same as fucking housing insurance.
dor
dor - Re: Sink or Swim...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 307
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-27 14:06:58

I used to punt 3 - 4 times a month, now in these times I have changed some of my habits.Instead of paying R800 - R1200 for an hours fun , I now play a round of golf with some friends and then have a couple of drinks after which costs less for the days activity.Chat to the lady members or lady residents at the golf estates in the club after golf and take things from there.
Burfi
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 453
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-02 09:02:12
Edited: 2018-10-02 09:17:04

So how many punters not punting today to instead fill up their tanks?
Heavypecker
Heavypecker - Re: Sink or Swim...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 231
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-02 09:07:47

10 years ago I was punting 3-4times a week now maybe twice a year
GudTyms
GudTyms - Re: Sink or Swim...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 394
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-02 18:43:01

Fortunately, been around for 35 odd years in punting, usually 3 times a week - mixed between FH and MG SP's ...and cannot stop. Over this time, I have created investments purely to satisfy my wants not my needs, one of these being punting. This is how I have managed to keep going...yeah it may dry up some day...but for now it satisfies my lust...over 50 now...so guess I have had my fair share of this dark purple underworld. I do not have set regulars. The most I have visited an SP is probably 4 times over a 6mnths period, simply cos she made me feel like a king and not just a wham bham thank you mam kinda visit. I find SP's that do make you feel this way far and in between. I tend to remain anon most times, cos I have had times when an SP knows you can afford this type of life, some SP's start to 'milk' their ways with you.
I do play my life under the radar as such, and typically some SP's here on this thread I have not yet visited and will def try and visit just to show my support as well. I don't really have time to review all the SP's I visit but my experience's are mostly for myself - yeah that's selfish sure, guess its my money so it becomes my experience good or bad, hit or miss.
On the whole and in summary, most business is experiencing down times...as someone said, there is always sunshine after a storm.
Best of luck to all SP's and the punters here on ESA.
May the force be with you. YOLO
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Sink or Swim...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5524
  View Profile  
Posted: 2018-10-02 21:30:39

Times are tough, but some still manage to do well considering and haven't had to compromise! I've been around for a while and there are some ladies that manage to teach me something new!
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Sink or Swim...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 286
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-02 21:37:10

Im sinking.... My floatation "vlerkies" are deflating ...... And my mother never send me for swimming lessons when I was young.....
J_69
J_69 - Re: Sink or Swim...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 377
View Profile
Posted: 2018-10-03 14:36:04

It's tough out there and it seems like more ladies are joining the purple world on a daily basis(judging by the new listings section) which makes it harder for u ladies to stay afloat. I'll just reiterate what sum1 has said b4: keep on ensuring that u deliver a quality service so that u can create a strong pool of regulars for yourselves and sum steady income. Put on your best pretending acts and ensure that your clients are happy because even if one punter doesn't become a regular he could refer you wen asked about good punts

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.